Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 01:37 PM

995 posts, read 2,728,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsteelerfan View Post
Funny thing, I'm posting FROM NYC as we speak!..... Grocery stores, or what most people are use to seeing elsewhere, are far and few between HERE in NYC. Bodegas are more popular for "grabbing a gallon of milk", than running into a "grocery store". Supermarkets are even HARDER to find HERE!

P.S. You're offended? lol lol lol Why? Cause I firgured you grabbed your milk from a bodegas as opposed to an actual "grocery store"? lol lol You must offend VERY easy. Are you sure you're really a NY'er?
I'm not sure my indian friend would like someone calling his grocery store a bodega. I lost my tuffness, when I had moved out of brooklyn. However, I still repsent my past on my sleeves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 01:43 PM

1,437 posts, read 3,073,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelazyone View Post
I'm not sure my indian friend would like someone calling his grocery store a bodega. I lost my tuffness, when I had moved out of brooklyn. However, I still repsent my past on my sleeves.
EVERYONE calls them "bodoegas". Whether there owned by an indian, arab or chinese. Just cause it's a 'hispanic' reference, doesn't mean people call them a different thing. You should know that..........

Old 03-13-2009, 01:49 PM

3,557 posts, read 10,219,889 times
"Hey, Black Ass!"

-Half Baked

Old 03-13-2009, 02:32 PM

3,011 posts, read 10,028,666 times
Man, this thread has sure taken a turn for the worse.

Anyone who has anything negative/nasty/derogatory/etc. about ABQ -- please don't even THINK about coming here.

There are thousands of other towns and cities where you could live.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsteelerfan View Post
EVERYONE calls them "bodoegas". Whether there owned by an indian, arab or chinese. Just cause it's a 'hispanic' reference, doesn't mean people call them a different thing. You should know that..........
Actually not true. My friend never once referred to his store as a bodega and my wife never knew what a bodega or the hood was until we started dating. Miss conception is a mofo.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
Man, this thread has sure taken a turn for the worse.

Anyone who has anything negative/nasty/derogatory/etc. about ABQ -- please don't even THINK about coming here.

There are thousands of other towns and cities where you could live.
true dat. wife has started putting her webcam to use. she said no matter what we have to do, we are flying out for the balloon fest. j/k kidding about the webcam part.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:03 PM

5,548 posts, read 16,083,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rybert View Post
One dot? Cheapskate. Here's two: ..

(Twice what you were willing to contribute.)

Old 03-16-2009, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelazyone View Post
Actually not true. My friend never once referred to his store as a bodega and my wife never knew what a bodega or the hood was until we started dating. Miss conception is a mofo.
Your wife never knew what a "bodegas" was, or the "hood"? And she's from NYC? Find that hard to believe!.... Someone not knowing what a "bodegas" is, just means they're not from NYC, but not knowing what the "hood" is? She lived a VERY 'sheltered' life to say the least.......

Old 03-16-2009, 05:39 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,773,200 times
Bodega may refer to about 10 different definitions, these are some common ones:

Rich

Old 03-16-2009, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
Bodega may refer to about 10 different definitions, these are some common ones:

Rich
Don't try splitting hairs! You both know what I meant. Naming a town or band? Come on, the people on the East coast know what a "bodega" is! And who has never heard the term "hood" when refering to bad nabes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque