Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 01:13 PM

1,108 posts, read 3,321,811 times

Advertisements

Great thread - Arizona is tops with me!!! Again thanks - this needed to be said.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:31 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by collected_eve View Post
Well, not EVERYONE likes Arizona.
I've never heard or seen anyone "treat it like crap" on this site. I've read some harsh truths, but that's anywhere.
I don't particularly love it here, but it's just not my taste.
I still pick up trash off the ground when I can (and Prescott needs all the help it can get with that, have you seen the parking lots lately? Ewww.), I support local shops, I take care of what I have here & what AZ has to offer.
BUT while I am here, I will pick out the things that I do & do not favor & I will speak truthfully of both.
Trust me: I have plenty of issues with this state---------and; many more serious ones with virtually any other stated in the Union.

That said; most of my problems here I brought upon myself.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:26 AM

461 posts, read 1,810,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Trust me: I have plenty of issues with this state---------and; many more serious ones with virtually any other stated in the Union.

That said; most of my problems here I brought upon myself.
Bummer ... hope things get better for you!

Old 12-13-2007, 09:00 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumblina View Post
Bummer ... hope things get better for you!
They will----------especially looking at possibly millions of folks who may wind up losing their homes and wrecking their credit-------I am extremely blessed

My debt load may be over $20K; but, I will probably have it all paid off in 3 or less years.

Old 12-14-2007, 05:10 AM

1,552 posts, read 6,476,741 times
Well now the secrets out
Arizona gets snow just not any where near what they get in Montana.

Old 12-14-2007, 08:11 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,082,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picsesmauve957 View Post
Seriously, Arizona is a wonderful state and people treat it like crap, oh I know why "too hot, too humid, boring, and just plain nothingness." That's not always true. In some parts of Arizona, it snows, yeah don't believe me...

Now ya see it.

Also, it's not boring, there's tons of things to do there, especially in nature. White water rafting, horseback riding, sightseeing, and plenty more.

While it is hot the rest of the year, at least it's a dry heat. Try living in Southwest Florida for 8 years in 90F temperatures and 95% humidity all-year round, after that, you'd probably be running to Arizona if it was your only choice.

So yeah, give Arizona more credit, it's an amazing state and I got accepted into college there, but decided to go to school in Georgia, but I was accepted in Arizona before I got accepted in Georgia, then I would've gone to Arizona. But who cares, that's another story.

End rant.
Wow! Let me get this straight, you live in Georgia? Have you ever lived in Phx? It does snow here, you just can't afford to live in it!
Until your post I had no idea, I have only lived here for 30yrs. Thank god for college!!!! You should be praising the air conditioning companies, there the real reason we can all love AZ. Hence the reason we were 48th. (out of 50 states). AZ isn't all that bad though, especially right now, nice weather. Come on down when you graduate, housing is great if your buying!!!!!!!!

Old 12-14-2007, 08:21 AM

4,562 posts, read 4,103,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picsesmauve957 View Post
Seriously, Arizona is a wonderful state and people treat it like crap, oh I know why "too hot, too humid, boring, and just plain nothingness." That's not always true. In some parts of Arizona, it snows, yeah don't believe me...

Now ya see it.

Also, it's not boring, there's tons of things to do there, especially in nature. White water rafting, horseback riding, sightseeing, and plenty more.

While it is hot the rest of the year, at least it's a dry heat. Try living in Southwest Florida for 8 years in 90F temperatures and 95% humidity all-year round, after that, you'd probably be running to Arizona if it was your only choice.

So yeah, give Arizona more credit, it's an amazing state and I got accepted into college there, but decided to go to school in Georgia, but I was accepted in Arizona before I got accepted in Georgia, then I would've gone to Arizona. But who cares, that's another story.

End rant.
On the contrary I find Arizona to be a miserable overpriced state where if I want to do anything in the outdoors it requires at least a one hour drive each way. I use to live in Michigan... 10 minutes.

Six months of the year its so hot that if you don't carry water around with you outside it will kill you. In MI the cold is only bad about 2-3 months out of the year. Even then a good coat does the trick, here you can't keep taking off clothes to cool off.

Skin cancer

Overpriced housing brought on by baby boomers and californians.

Oh yeah, the only place you see snow is at about 5000-6000 feet above sea level, anything below that and if there is a little at night, the giant orb of death (the sun) will melt it in a couple hours, little time to enjoy anything.

Education here sucks

So I'll hate Arizona if I like.

Old 12-14-2007, 08:40 AM

329 posts, read 1,276,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
On the contrary I find Arizona to be a miserable overpriced state where if I want to do anything in the outdoors it requires at least a one hour drive each way. I use to live in Michigan... 10 minutes.

Six months of the year its so hot that if you don't carry water around with you outside it will kill you. In MI the cold is only bad about 2-3 months out of the year. Even then a good coat does the trick, here you can't keep taking off clothes to cool off.

Skin cancer

Oh yeah, the only place you see snow is at about 5000-6000 feet above sea level, anything below that and if there is a little at night, the giant orb of death (the sun) will melt it in a couple hours, little time to enjoy anything.

Education here sucks

Wow! If you hate AZ so much then, if you haven't already, you should leave. No one should hate a place as much as you do and still live in that place. If you don't live here or if you are not considering living here I wonder why you would continue to visit a forum about a place you hate so much. Just curious

Old 12-14-2007, 08:53 AM

235 posts, read 922,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post

Skin cancer

Education here sucks

But you couldn't find a job in Michigan, could you ? You can't eat trees and snow. It always amazes me to read the economic refugees bashing on Arizona and defending the place that couldn't even provide a basic living for themselves and their family. It's just absurd.

Old 12-14-2007, 08:58 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill- View Post
But you couldn't find a job in Michigan, could you ? You can't eat trees and snow. It always amazes me to read the economic refugees bashing on Arizona and defending the place that couldn't even provide a basic living for themselves and their family. It's just absurd.
Lets say you lived in AZ your whole life, then your economy took a major dump and you were forced to move to, say, Vermont for jobs. You hated Vermont and all that came with it even though you were making a living. Youd most definitely have the right to complain about it, as does the poster that youre criticizing. Some people are just miserable where they live, and its not as easy to get out as people think it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona