Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2019, 06:40 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,655,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
It is becoming very apparent that it is wrong to expect people to be personally responsible for any single one of their actions any more.

Which is what, I believe, the OP is actually trying to point out. I saw it coming in the C.S.S.R. decades ago and finally escaped a little over twenty.

Here on the mountain, we got a nice dumping of about a foot of snow on New Year's day. Then folks get out on the road immediately and cry because they're not all plowed. Many are also driving 40-50 mph when they shouldn't go over 30. And when they wind up in the ditch, they cry for the .gov to come save them. When a tiny forest fire starts in the spring, they cry for the .gov to shut down and seal the entire forest off.

I personally think this 'nanny state' type mentality, the .gov should look out for our every need has in fact started in places like the C.S.S.R.
Please, as if you guys have $500k just stashed away for a medical catastrophe.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2019, 09:00 PM

364 posts, read 619,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Please, as if you guys have $500k just stashed away for a medical catastrophe.....

They don't, but yet are the loudest to bellow at "the others" taking advantage of the system. As a provider I see it all the time. Bitching and moaning about "personal responsibility" in healthcare right up the point they get sick...or injured. Then having to face the reality of their situation, they are shocked at how fast they go broke, their family goes broke and their kids loose everything they have worked a lifetime for. I literally see it every single day.

It's all Fox and Friends until the medical bills show up...

Old 01-02-2019, 09:12 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,930,504 times
so, is your solution socialized medicine, where the government, AKA us, the taxpayers, pay the bills for everything and everybody?
or, do we focus on reigning in the run away costs of healthcare, the obscene profits that the drug companies/health insurance companies make, the billions in political contributions these scumbags continue to funnel to our elected "representatives", that keeps their money train running. or what solutions can you suggest?

"Fox and Friends " until the bill shows up???
Sarcasm and cynicism wont do any thing to help get the healthcare nightmare under control..

Old 01-02-2019, 09:34 PM

42,868 posts, read 26,387,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Honestly I think we have people who post on these forums just to perpetuate the myth of their imaginary self. You know the kind; totally self sufficient, young, handsome (or beautiful) millionaires who have never made a mistake in their life, paid their way through college with the proceeds from their lemonade stand from which they saved every penny from the age of 3. Got perfect grades in the worst schools, and waited to have children until they had 5 million in the bank. /yawn

Old 01-02-2019, 10:34 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,307,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Honestly I think we have people who post on these forums just to perpetuate the myth of their imaginary self. You know the kind; totally self sufficient, young, handsome (or beautiful) millionaires who have never made a mistake in their life, paid their way through college with the proceeds from their lemonade stand from which they saved every penny from the age of 3. Got perfect grades in the worst schools, and waited to have children until they had 5 million in the bank. /yawn
The point is that it's a myth that there is no cost for socialized medicine. There is. Obamacare is an abysmal failure for society as a whole.

Old 01-02-2019, 10:36 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,307,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katera View Post
They don't, but yet are the loudest to bellow at "the others" taking advantage of the system. As a provider I see it all the time. Bitching and moaning about "personal responsibility" in healthcare right up the point they get sick...or injured. Then having to face the reality of their situation, they are shocked at how fast they go broke, their family goes broke and their kids loose everything they have worked a lifetime for. I literally see it every single day.

It's all Fox and Friends until the medical bills show up...
Providers are a huge part of the problem in many cases. Huge charges for no reason other than to perpetuate huge HMOs and the like enriching themselves. I don't suppose you are going to like this post.

Old 01-03-2019, 06:02 AM

2,926 posts, read 3,103,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkmere View Post
Providers are a huge part of the problem in many cases. Huge charges for no reason other than to perpetuate huge HMOs and the like enriching themselves. I don't suppose you are going to like this post.
I don't suppose a provider would. I had to have a simple x-ray done a couple of years ago. Two clicks of the shutter (x-rays), maybe ninety seconds tops, eight hundred dollars. How can one justify that?

Old 01-03-2019, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkmere View Post
And the only way to control costs is to control what we pay providers which is exactly what medicare does, if there was ever an example of socialized medicine that works it would be medicare.

Old 01-03-2019, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
so, is your solution socialized medicine, where the government, AKA us, the taxpayers, pay the bills for everything and everybody?
or, do we focus on reigning in the run away costs of healthcare, the obscene profits that the drug companies/health insurance companies make, the billions in political contributions these scumbags continue to funnel to our elected "representatives", that keeps their money train running. or what solutions can you suggest?

"Fox and Friends " until the bill shows up???
Sarcasm and cynicism wont do any thing to help get the healthcare nightmare under control..
You don't really understand what socialized medicine, do you? Medicare is an example of socialized medicine, payments to providers are limited and everyone over 65 is eligible for it. We could expand it to cover everyone, or adopt a system like Switzerland where everyone is required to carry health insurance but companies can't earn a profit with the basic healthcare plan, only supplemental plans.

Old 01-03-2019, 09:26 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,930,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You don't really understand what socialized medicine, do you? Medicare is an example of socialized medicine, payments to providers are limited and everyone over 65 is eligible for it. We could expand it to cover everyone, or adopt a system like Switzerland where everyone is required to carry health insurance but companies can't earn a profit with the basic healthcare plan, only supplemental plans.
well, what makes you think that YOU understand what socialized medicine might be in the USA?
It doesnt matter what Switzerland,Canada,Mexico, or any other country does for their "socialized" medicine programs, it wouldnt be ANYTHING like that in the USA, if it ever even happens, and, no one here can predict or even hypothesize what that might look like here..

and, in case you didnt know, people over 65 PAY for their Medicare, its not "free" in any way,shape, or form..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona