Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2013, 05:56 PM

90 posts, read 140,919 times

Advertisements

funny..no matter what city or state people yack about ...people always say it sucks and the others say it's the best.

perception is an interesting animal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 07:40 PM

591 posts, read 820,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
I only read the first and last pages - but this is a GREAT thread! LOL

The best post was an early one back in 2008 where someone said the natives didn't want people moving here. So what, nothing has changed. I recall the REAL natives had a big problem with it too about 100 years ago.
I've met very few people in AZ who I would classify as "native Arizonians."

As an aside, if your parents moved here CA, OR, WA, IL, WI, MN, MI, OH, et al. either shortly before or after you were born, you're not a native Arizonan. Sorry.

I have a friend who's a third generation Arizonan, but only on one side of his family. LOL.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:08 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonaZoo View Post

As an aside, if your parents moved here CA, OR, WA, IL, WI, MN, MI, OH, et al. either shortly before or after you were born, you're not a native Arizonan. Sorry.

I have a friend who's a third generation Arizonan, but only on one side of his family. LOL.
Uh; being BORN here DOES make a person "native" to Arizona. SHeesh!

Old 06-11-2013, 09:59 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,907,443 times
Quote:

I am a native of AZ. It's true that both sets of grandparents moved here from other places (CO 1925 and IL 1930) bringing all their kids with them, of course. As of right now we have four generations of native AZ family. I know tons of people who were born and raised here, other than family, but since it rarely comes up in conversation nobody would know.

Doesn't matter which side of the family is "native". If you're born here, you're a "native". Maybe, these days, most AZ natives are under five years old! lol

Old 06-11-2013, 02:17 PM

The only REAL natives I see in AZ are Indians.

And ahh no, Crissy Columbus didn't "discover" America, he invaded it.

Sorry, I call em' as I see em', folks.

Old 06-11-2013, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister k View Post
The only REAL natives I see in AZ are Indians.

And ahh no, Crissy Columbus didn't "discover" America, he invaded it.

Sorry, I call em' as I see em', folks.
Uh; even the American Indians came from other places back in the day like Asia. Word is the Navajo got here just a few 100 years ago.

Old 06-12-2013, 06:25 PM

"back in the day." LOL! ....funny guy you are.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:25 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,700,587 times
Quote:

This thread is lol. 11 pages wow.. Well.. the only thing native Arizona people have is a shock to each other that we are still around lol. I ran into one at olive garden and he was like woah and I was like..

Before you move to Arizona know this.... It's more then Phoenix! The end.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:04 PM

1,077 posts, read 2,085,200 times
I'm a fourth generation native, born in Phoenix and reside for the last 30 years in Yavapai county. I don't care where people come from, but what bugs me to death is how they come here and immediately begin complaining that's it's not like it was wherever they moved from. Why did you move if it was so great? In my own experience Californians are the worst. They don't change their car titles because they think our tag rates are too high. They complain about not being able to get a decent Latte at 2 a.m. Their kids are bored and end up getting into trouble. They'd like nothing better than to remake AZ into the CA they abandoned like rats off a sinking ship.
My little community, a zip code not a town, is made up of people who largely leave each other alone but rally together for common causes. Everybody knows everybody's business and nobody cares. We know if you need a cop it's going to be 45 minutes before one shows up. We don't want "city services". We don't want to be told by some busy-body HOA that our grass is a quarter inch too long. We now have a community association whose membership is made up of nearly all recent arrivals. They're pushing for incorporation. It's clear that they want to remake the community to their liking.
Ain't gonna happen.
If you can't accept and love AZ for what it is, you just shouldn't move here.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaparrito View Post
I'm a fourth generation native, born in Phoenix and reside for the last 30 years in Yavapai county. I don't care where people come from, but what bugs me to death is how they come here and immediately begin complaining that's it's not like it was wherever they moved from. Why did you move if it was so great? In my own experience Californians are the worst. They don't change their car titles because they think our tag rates are too high. They complain about not being able to get a decent Latte at 2 a.m. Their kids are bored and end up getting into trouble. They'd like nothing better than to remake AZ into the CA they abandoned like rats off a sinking ship.
My little community, a zip code not a town, is made up of people who largely leave each other alone but rally together for common causes. Everybody knows everybody's business and nobody cares. We know if you need a cop it's going to be 45 minutes before one shows up. We don't want "city services". We don't want to be told by some busy-body HOA that our grass is a quarter inch too long. We now have a community association whose membership is made up of nearly all recent arrivals. They're pushing for incorporation. It's clear that they want to remake the community to their liking.
Ain't gonna happen.
If you can't accept and love AZ for what it is, you just shouldn't move here.
Uh; things CHANGE. I ain't saying it's always good tho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona