Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 10:32 AM

51 posts, read 276,293 times

Advertisements

not that it's bad, but I do see a lot of mixed race couples.

Old 05-31-2007, 10:53 AM

12 posts, read 115,162 times
yeah, the interracial dating out here is outta control! my fiancée is a beautiful, black queen, but i admit that i dated outside of my race in the past.

i should explain that i NEVER had a prejudice against my sistas! i've always loved black women!

i will admit that there are some black men who absolutely refuse to date black women! i don't understand them and i just write them off.

i only dated white or hispanic women because i happened to see them more often in my work, educational and social environments. over time, i became friends with them and then the friendships blossomed into relationships.

based on my conversations with other brothas in Phoenix, this is the same reason why many of them get involved with women of other races. it's just easier for them to date the women that they happen to meet in social or professional settings. and yes, these women will literally throw themselves at a brotha!

unfortunately, black women in Phoenix are seriously outnumbered when compared to white and hispanic women!

i wish my brothas would show a little more patience and wait for a good black women to come into their lives!

Old 06-03-2007, 12:21 AM

95 posts, read 466,894 times
my fiancée is a beautiful, black queen,

Well i will give the the thumbs up for that, because you don't see it much at all. I really do think Black women our outnumbered here in Arizona.

Old 06-09-2007, 02:34 PM

1 posts, read 8,642 times
All right, one of my boys told me that he was getting hammered on this "interracial dating" subject regarding Sista's, so I'll step in to help him out. After reading the posts though, both sides have made some great points. The key factor and sin that I see in the discussion is the generalization. We assume that everyone that dates outside their race hates their race and everyone that dates inside their race loves it. But the real love is shown in how you treat that individual. I know some Brutha's (some of them close friends) who only date Sista's, but treat them unfairly and betray them consistantly. Yet, on the surface, some Sista's look at them as heros. Gross miscalcuation! Many times, it's a matter of availability. When I grew up in inner city D.C., guess what race my girlfriends were. When I lived in Japan, guess what race my girlfriend was. And sometimes you just meet someone who underneath the genetics, just fits so well that you say "To hell with what everyone else thinks. This is my soulmate and I'm keeping him/her".

My parents raised me to reject racism, sexism, and other isms. I'm fully aware that most people weren't and aren't raised that way, but that's no reason to lower myself. I've dated women from practically every race outside Eskimos and Aborigines. I've dated Black women from the East Coast, South, West Coast, Midwest, Carribean, East Africa, West Africa, Figi, and even Scotland (Yes, we are represented in Scotland). I'm neither shy or close minded. My friendships transend the same global span. All I can tell you is that you will find saints and sinners, gold diggers and true lovers everywhere. If you are excluding Blacks, you are missing out. If you are excluding Whites, you are missing out. If you are excluding Asians, Latinos, probrably even Eskimos, then you are missing out! Seven years ago I met a beautiful, caring, women with a 156 IQ who was half Portuguese/half Indian (from India) annnd get this, loved me with all her heart. If you think I was going to miss out on her over some B.S., then you need to get your freaking head examined. We are getting married next June.

I apologize for the long posting, but I came in kinda' late in the game.
>AllTooEasy

Old 06-09-2007, 02:48 PM

6 posts, read 25,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixblack View Post
This isn't just an "in-the-club" issue.

I've noticed that black women have been rude to me and other brothas in professional networking sessions, social gatherings, shopping malls, bookstores, etc.

I'm not lookin' to holla because I'm in a committed relationship, but if I just want to be cordial and say hello, I feel like I've committed a crime! You suck your teeth, roll your eyes, etc.

I'm just trying to encourage more women to take a deep breath and not take themselves too seriously while they're out in public. It doesn't hurt to crack a smile once in a while!

Even if you're attracting people that you don't like, you can still be polite when dealing with them.

That's a nasty generalization.

Last edited by Ponderosa; 06-09-2007 at 02:52 PM.. Reason: Remove personal remarks..

Old 06-10-2007, 12:10 PM

26 posts, read 169,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTooEasy View Post
All right, one of my boys told me that he was getting hammered on this "interracial dating" subject regarding Sista's, so I'll step in to help him out. After reading the posts though, both sides have made some great points. The key factor and sin that I see in the discussion is the generalization. We assume that everyone that dates outside their race hates their race and everyone that dates inside their race loves it. But the real love is shown in how you treat that individual. I know some Brutha's (some of them close friends) who only date Sista's, but treat them unfairly and betray them consistantly. Yet, on the surface, some Sista's look at them as heros. Gross miscalcuation! Many times, it's a matter of availability. When I grew up in inner city D.C., guess what race my girlfriends were. When I lived in Japan, guess what race my girlfriend was. And sometimes you just meet someone who underneath the genetics, just fits so well that you say "To hell with what everyone else thinks. This is my soulmate and I'm keeping him/her".

My parents raised me to reject racism, sexism, and other isms. I'm fully aware that most people weren't and aren't raised that way, but that's no reason to lower myself. I've dated women from practically every race outside Eskimos and Aborigines. I've dated Black women from the East Coast, South, West Coast, Midwest, Carribean, East Africa, West Africa, Figi, and even Scotland (Yes, we are represented in Scotland). I'm neither shy or close minded. My friendships transend the same global span. All I can tell you is that you will find saints and sinners, gold diggers and true lovers everywhere. If you are excluding Blacks, you are missing out. If you are excluding Whites, you are missing out. If you are excluding Asians, Latinos, probrably even Eskimos, then you are missing out! Seven years ago I met a beautiful, caring, women with a 156 IQ who was half Portuguese/half Indian (from India) annnd get this, loved me with all her heart. If you think I was going to miss out on her over some B.S., then you need to get your freaking head examined. We are getting married next June.

>AllTooEasy
Excellent post.

Old 06-11-2007, 03:44 PM

Default clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by pafinc View Post
That's a nasty generalization.
I know it's nasty, but it's true in MOST cases.

My first post on this topic didn't say ALL black women (I said many). You caught my reply.

Nasty doesn't make it a lie.

Old 06-11-2007, 03:49 PM

Thumbs up Amen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTooEasy View Post

>AllTooEasy
This was a powerful post! I'd rather love someone for her character instead of the color of her skin.

However, I'm happy to say that in August 2008, I am getting married to a black woman who is beautiful on the inside and outside!

Old 06-11-2007, 08:14 PM

202 posts, read 981,427 times
I like my women like I like my coffee.

Stale and bitter.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:03 AM

477 posts, read 1,583,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PugLuv1 View Post
Well back home i didn't live around to many of us either but i guess since it's back home i knew where to go to hang out or see them...or here them on the radio. I guess i will get use to it sooner or later. I know when i'm in the grocery store i see some nice looking guys...but 2 steps behind them or in front of them there is a ________ woman. I can count on my one hand how many black couples i've seen in the past 7 months...not many.
Yeah, there's alot of us "Mixed" couple out here!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona