Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 04:19 PM

256 posts, read 664,658 times

Advertisements

Never used it myself, but I heard it is a miracle cure for migraines. As a migraine sufferer, I would consider using it if it was considered legal here in MN. My brother has severe RSD ( a type of distophy) and his neurosurgeon told him in no uncertain terms if it was legal, it would be the first thing she prescribed to him for the pain. As liberal as MN is supposed to be, doesn't look like it will pass anytime soon due to the legislature. It will be interesting if AZ does it considering you are supposed to be much more conservative.

Last edited by Sarimn00; 06-20-2010 at 04:20 PM.. Reason: I can't spell
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2010, 06:44 PM

2,897 posts, read 10,418,916 times
In my experience, it's great for migraines. I get tension headaches often and it works wonders. I just read they got enough signatures, so it will be on the ballot in November. Lets' hope it gets passed! Too many people suffering out there that could be using this. I just hope we don't turn into Denver or LA, and give cards out to anyone and everyone.

Old 06-20-2010, 08:47 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,944,313 times
wow i had no idea that pot helped with that many problems, that is pretty cool. but i did know that hemp seeds are an excellent sorce of protein.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:02 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,830,847 times
I'll plow my corn under and replace with MJ patch?

Old 06-20-2010, 09:45 PM

2,897 posts, read 10,418,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaada View Post
wow i had no idea that pot helped with that many problems, that is pretty cool. but i did know that hemp seeds are an excellent sorce of protein.
I have a friend who suffers from multiple sclerosis, and swears by Marijuana. She said it helps with the nausea caused by her multiple medications, allows her to actually eat a full meal without vomiting, and helps with her muscle spasams.

Same thing goes with those on chemo therapy for those with cancer, it helps with digestion and nausea.

I do not intend on applying for a medical card if it does get passed, but I do have enough conditions to be considered, I just feel that there are more deserving people out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
I'll plow my corn under and replace with MJ patch?
Unlike corn, you can continously grow MJ crops without needing to resoil, which is one of the main reasons it was outlawed, the cotton farmers had to much competion.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:46 PM

18 posts, read 22,698 times
I always said...If pot becomes legal Ill become a farmer. too bad Im not healthy enough..

Timing is everything.

Old 06-20-2010, 11:27 PM

235 posts, read 756,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saffordpastor View Post
Sooner or later they will decriminalize pot....but even though the straw man of medical Mary J will be thrown in our faces all along the way...the real reason will be because a bunch of stoners and potheads want easy and cheap access to the junk.

They are forever telling me that ."It is not addicting...its not bad for you..." etc....and yet most (not all...but the majority) are so dependent on the stuff...just try to get them to stop....and the ones I know have eaten up thier brain cells with the stuff until they are pretty much non productive citizens.
Just my take on it.

Read this.

Basic Facts About Drugs: Marijuana
Stop watching all the after school specials, and think for your self.Marijuana might cause new cell growth in the brain - health - 13 October 2005 - New Scientist
Not to mention, the millions of people living in pain, only to be fooled by the pharmaceutical companies. Wanna know real addiction? try some of the legal prescription out these days, check out those side effects. Heck, look at what alcohol does to a human brain, and other internal organs The honest truth is, if people want to smoke, they will, whether it is legal or not, give the people who need it for what ever reason a break. No one bags on alcohol users nearly as much as pot smokers.

http://www.aphroditewomenshealth.com...lth_news.shtmlhttp://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1016083817.htm

Last edited by Uhuh; 06-20-2010 at 11:29 PM.. Reason: to add more links :p

Old 06-20-2010, 11:35 PM

235 posts, read 756,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
Okay, this is medicinal marijuana on a doctor's recommendation/prescription..how much is an ounce? Do they supply at the drug store? (mind you I am clueless)...5.6% sales tax and luxury tax per ounce...What other presciption has a luxury tax posted to it if this is for medical purposes like blood pressure medication, pain killers, cholesterol meds, etc.?
The medication would be sold through dispensaries, normally housing only weed, and cannabis related products. As for pricing, it certainly would vary by type and potency. Some weed is used for sleep aids, others as an anti depressant. The lower end stuff could be around $60 an ounce, and on a higher end, $200-$300. I believe the sales tax is reasonable, but the luxury tax is taking it a bit too far.
I do believe it is about time AZ lightens up a bit on its marijuana laws. Look at California, is November there will be a vote to legalize weed to all those Californians the age of 21 and older. More power to them.

Old 06-20-2010, 11:46 PM

861 posts, read 2,192,102 times
I have the munchies again.....

Old 06-21-2010, 12:21 AM

253 posts, read 463,525 times
Any one who is intent on keeping MJ illegal because of bad side-effects hasn't read the little pamphlets that come with their prescription drugs. Have you ever actually paid attention to one of the drug ads on TV? There is one, I think its for LYRICA that spends almost as much time telling you about the bad results as the good.
I have been on legal painkillers for over 3 years now, so yes, no matter how they tax it or what they call it, as long as I don't have to buy back the van I used to own in the era when I smoked, I would vote for it. In fact, even if they don't have a vote, I would smoke it if I knew where to buy it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: