Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 12:23 AM

861 posts, read 2,192,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffordpastor View Post
I have the munchies again.....
Woohooo....these brownies are groovy...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 01:09 AM

1,046 posts, read 3,484,627 times
Quote:
Every post of yours on this thread is making a great case for why alcohol is more harmful than MJ.

Your first post is a link to a poorly written paper that looks like it got its "facts" from Reefer Madness. Your others are just playing off of silly stereotypes. Science is your friend!

Old 06-21-2010, 01:28 AM

18 posts, read 22,698 times
And Here I thought he was serious...at first.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:43 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Just so we're straight on this, I absolutely agree that there are benefits to MJ but just like any other drug there are pitfalls. It is not the "wonder drug" that some make it out to be, nor is it the "demon weed" that others make it out to be. As I've aluded to in prior posts I think it should be treated like any C-2 narcotic and if it can keep people from having to use things like the Oxycontin/Methadone cocktail and such then great! If it's to be on par with booze then regulate it the same way.

Old 06-21-2010, 07:00 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times
Quote:
Why are you acting like a child?

Old 06-21-2010, 08:05 AM

18 posts, read 22,698 times
hey Kdog....I to call kingman home....tho Im on my way out this year hopefully. if not im puttin a bullet thru my head..LOL..

Old 06-21-2010, 09:25 AM

256 posts, read 664,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyoming Darrell View Post
Any one who is intent on keeping MJ illegal because of bad side-effects hasn't read the little pamphlets that come with their prescription drugs. Have you ever actually paid attention to one of the drug ads on TV? There is one, I think its for LYRICA that spends almost as much time telling you about the bad results as the good.
I have been on legal painkillers for over 3 years now, so yes, no matter how they tax it or what they call it, as long as I don't have to buy back the van I used to own in the era when I smoked, I would vote for it. In fact, even if they don't have a vote, I would smoke it if I knew where to buy it.
Good points. My brother used to take LYRICA to help with his RSD, and he had more problems than before. He stopped taking it and felt so much better. I'm sure it helps some people, so I am not dogging it, but it isn't for everyone. All you need to listen to is the end of any medication commercial and know that there are tons of side effects. Open up the pamphlets they give you when you get your meds, and they are pages long. I'd rather get the migraine instead of suffer through all the side effects of the meds they give you.

Look how addictive pain killers that doctors give you can be. My doctor was very strict with them when I had back surgery, because he didn't want me to get addicted, but many docs hand them out like candy. Even Tylenol and Excedrin can be addictive. If you take Excedrin on a regular basis for migraines and try to stop, you get withdrawl headaches.

Old 06-21-2010, 10:18 AM

253 posts, read 463,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyoming Darrell View Post
Any one who is intent on keeping MJ illegal because of bad side-effects hasn't read the little pamphlets that come with their prescription drugs. Have you ever actually paid attention to one of the drug ads on TV? There is one, I think its for LYRICA that spends almost as much time telling you about the bad results as the good.
I have been on legal painkillers for over 3 years now, so yes, no matter how they tax it or what they call it, as long as I don't have to buy back the van I used to own in the era when I smoked, I would vote for it. In fact, even if they don't have a vote, I would smoke it if I knew where to buy it.

Something that I forgot to mention is that there are several studies (that can be googled) that show that, on average, while people who have been drinking drive faster, people who are smoking drive slower. While neither group should be driving, we all know that it happens.

Old 06-21-2010, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post

Forgive my pitiful attempt at humor....unfortunately it seems as though extended MJ use has severely retarded some folks ability to take a joke.....

Old 06-21-2010, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Speaking of childish....I do believe that the most childish thing going on here is a lot of childish adults trying to use science and some folks unfortunate medical conditions as an excuse to get high.

I really couldn't care less if y'all want to burn up your brain cells with MJ, alcohol, or some other mind altering substance....just if you get in a car and drive while doing it, or commit a crime under the influence, I sincerely ...and I say this in Christian love...hope they throw your tail in jail until you rot.

I have little sympathy for folks who do such.

I think you folks just need to man up....and quit trying to justify your desire to get high by building a straw man of medical MJ....the % of folks who really need it is small....and it can be taken without smoking it.

I am not against the legitimate use of MJ...if it is truly used as a medicine...fine,...but most of the folks who want it just want it to fly high....c'mon just admit it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: