Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2010, 05:42 PM

260 posts, read 511,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
So, as a trade off for import/export we should just continue to let illegal people keep on coming here, draining our dwindling resources? This state, and most others, are in dire straits as it is regardless of the imports/exports of both countries.

I doubt this law WILL be implemented, because of one thing or another, and things will simply continue as they have. Not to worry, if that's what you want, because it likely IS what you'll get.
How can this law will be implemented? How much will it cost? How large the law enforcement have to be to enforce this law, and what will they do with 10 million illegals? You may be right, that things will just continue as they have.

Old 04-28-2010, 05:50 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,241,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
- Brown skin
- Speaks Spanish
- Has an accent in Spanish in English
- Brown eyes regardless of skin color
- Has a last name that ends in "ez" like Lopez, Gonzalez
- First name is either Juan or Jose Maria or Rosa
- Listens to Mexican music or watches Univision

I might have forgotten some others... but if you fit one of those categories please solve that problem by:

- Bleaching your skin with Hydroquinone
- Taking accent reduction classes or pretend you had a speech disability
- Change your Legal name to Jane Goldberg or Sean Smith
- Listen to country music and watch Fox
Ask them for their SS card and they don't have one then ask for their federal tax number to show they have a right to work here and they don't have one.....So ask them for their state DL and they don't have one.....Ask them if they have any type of ID like their green card and they pull out that card they get from the Mexican consulate. And all of the time having to have someone that speaks their language to translate between the two of you that can barely speak english them self.... That might be a give away that they JUST might be illegal..

Old 04-28-2010, 05:59 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,387,163 times
GOOD for Arizona. I have friends in the state and the illegal ALIENS are out of control. Hopefully more states follow suit and we continue kickin' these invader hordes to the South American curb.

Old 04-28-2010, 06:31 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,907,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesmoses View Post
How can this law will be implemented? How much will it cost? How large the law enforcement have to be to enforce this law, and what will they do with 10 million illegals? You may be right, that things will just continue as they have.
You're asking ME?? I have no idea! I'm just a 'peon'...no pun intended...just like everyone else. Thank the good lord AZ doesn't have 10 million illegals but I think they estimate around 500,000. A drop in the bucket compared to CA which has over 2 million.

I could be wrong but I've seen them try other bills/laws in the past that didn't do anything much. However, since THIS time there's a nation wide hoorah MAYBE something will be done. Then they'll have to figure out how to pay for it, how to implement it and how many LEOs they need.

Old 04-28-2010, 06:33 PM

168 posts, read 502,548 times
Good for Arizona. I hope other state will follow.
To allow illegal persons to stay in our country is a slap in the face to immigrates that are here legally.

Old 04-28-2010, 06:42 PM

260 posts, read 947,325 times
Hmmm...I tried to stay out of this debate...but it is hard to ignore. I wonder if Asians, middle eastern and Indians are also going to be profiled? Believe it or not, some Hispanics are not the only people that can be in this country illegally. I know its seems like a lot, but more than 80% of hispanics in this country are here legally. So, out of 10 people, cops are gonna discriminate against 8 citizens so they can find 2 illegals?
Now, what about legal residents and citizens that might not happen to speak English? what are they supposed to do when cops take them in if they can't explain why they're not carrying their green card? License? Naturalization certificate? This is truly insane!

Old 04-28-2010, 06:46 PM

314 posts, read 924,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertZone View Post
Good for Arizona. I hope other state will follow.
To allow illegal persons to stay in our country is a slap in the face to immigrates that are here legally.
Well said!!

Old 04-28-2010, 06:51 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Idk , if you can see this but here's why Arizona should fix the bill which has alot of holes in it. The Billions lost in trade and products , due to a Mexican Boycott of Arizona goods. Arizona and the Mexican state of Sonora dependent on each other for trade and business. I think this law if implemented will spark a trade freeze. It would mean Mexico vs. the US which would devastate the Continents economy.

SkyscraperCity
FYI: such a schism would devastate Mexico---------not the USA. Remember our economic power is nine times that of SoB.

Old 04-28-2010, 06:54 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
You're asking ME?? I have no idea! I'm just a 'peon'...no pun intended...just like everyone else. Thank the good lord AZ doesn't have 10 million illegals but I think they estimate around 500,000. A drop in the bucket compared to CA which has over 2 million.

I could be wrong but I've seen them try other bills/laws in the past that didn't do anything much. However, since THIS time there's a nation wide hoorah MAYBE something will be done. Then they'll have to figure out how to pay for it, how to implement it and how many LEOs they need.
Actually; the estimate is there are 460K of those criminal losers left---------down from ca. 600K three years ago. And apparently; quite a few more illegals are planning to leave the state.

Old 04-28-2010, 07:07 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,020,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
I live in AZ. I support this legislation as a stopgap measure until the Federal government gets its act together and does its job.
And that's exactly what it is - a stopgap until our government does what it should have done over a decade ago. It pushed Obama in the right direction.

Do people here think that we want individual states doing laws like this? Of course not. But most of us realize that what Arizona has done was absolutely NECESSARY, even if for no other reason than to compel the Federal government to take action and/or encourage other states to follow suit until the problem is resolved. I'm quite sure some can deal with the minor inconvenience of showing your ID to an officer who asks for it.

It's like the old game in school where the teacher asks who wants to go first to write the answer on the chalkboard and everyone waits for someone else to be the first. We've all been sitting waiting for years. Arizona raised its hand. Now, the rest of us have no choice but to follow along for the ride until the situation is settled. As I said, we got over DUI checkpoints; we'll get over this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona