Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2021, 08:14 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,033,811 times

Advertisements

Eva was wonderful. They even served capucchino at 3 am in business. For economy i d recommed united/star alliance. They are much improved now and have non stops to sfo and nyc. Decent meals and crew. Emirates businees is really good but kinda artificisl compared to eva and united who sounded more casual and professional which is more cultural.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2021, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
I will avoid any US carriers while flying to Asia. They tend to charge for headphones, drinks and has the least free Baggage limit. The seats on US carriers has worst seat pitch resulting in uncomfortable ride. Staff is Rude and food is worst.

Air India New York to Delhi Economy Class 46 kilo free baggage, seat pitch is 34 cm, 2 full meals plus one breakfast, free drinks (wine/whisky/beer).

United New York to Delhi Economy Class 23 Kilo free baggage, seat pitch is 31.5 cm, 1 full meal plus one breakfast, no free drinks, they peddle even headphones for 3 dollars.
I heard its tremendously improved on the united flights. Food 2 times, drinks , and staff isnt bad compared to british or other european ones. Seats are bad anyway in any economy flights. I heard that its a better to air india because it foesnt have thefays or the inefficiences .

Old 01-20-2021, 10:38 AM

30,619 posts, read 18,203,012 times
For Asian airlines, I've flown on Asiana, ANA, Korean, and Air China.

Air China was, by far, the worst in terms of comfort, though they had pretty good customer service.

For best it's a tough call between Korean and ANA, but ultimately I'm going with ANA due to the Dreamliner experience.

Old 01-20-2021, 11:22 AM

4,096 posts, read 3,721,600 times
Swiss Air and Qatar have been my all time favourite. After that Avianca with their Dreamliners and Virgin occupy the second space.

The worst airline ever in my experience has been Air Canada by far!!! United are pretty poor too.

I plan to fly Etihad this year, I heard they're good!

Old 01-20-2021, 03:17 PM

4,096 posts, read 3,721,600 times
Sorry didn't realize I was in the Asia sub-forum.
I suppose Qatar and Etihad still count though.

Old 01-20-2021, 07:00 PM

8,864 posts, read 8,438,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Malaysia or Singapore.
This post has aged extremely terribly.

There's a ton of airline rankings.

https://www.worldairlineawards.com/
https://www.cntraveler.com/galleries...-choice-awards
https://edition.cnn.com/travel/artic...ngs/index.html

East Asian, Australian, UAE and Qatari airlines are usually ranked the highest. North American airlines on the other hand are notorious for being ****. Some European airlines have a horrible reputation too.

Old 01-22-2021, 12:13 AM

6,202 posts, read 11,447,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
Eva was wonderful. They even served capucchino at 3 am in business. For economy i d recommed united/star alliance. They are much improved now and have non stops to sfo and nyc.
EVA Air is the only way to get to Asia nonstop from Houston. Plenty of Houston's Filipinos (and the rest of the Southern U.S.) take the Taipei flight and transit to the Manila or Cebu connection (and vice versa).

The advantage of taking United is the placement of their domestic (U.S.) hub network. Your flight to the U.S. on United or a foreign carrier will most likely end up in a big Pacific or Atlantic coastal city where they are ready to take you to your final destination in the U.S., usually nonstop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
North American airlines on the other hand are notorious for being ****.
They are still horrible even for short flights to Mexico. I used to take Aeroméxico to the Mexican resort towns from Houston. Compared to the U.S. carrier, they provide a full meal and the drink selection includes complimentary alcohol.

Now, I would rather have to stand the **** from the U.S. carrier for a nonstop flight from Houston because of bad experiences connecting in the Mexico City airport.

Arriving in Mexico, there is always the rush through customs and catch the connection before the doors close. During my last visit, the return home was almost ruined because of ground traffic and almost missed the Houston flight by a few seconds. (Sadly my checked bag didn't make it on that flight, so I ended up going back to the airport the next afternoon to pick up baggage after the daily plane arrived from MEX.)

Old 01-24-2021, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
EVA Air is the only way to get to Asia nonstop from Houston. Plenty of Houston's Filipinos (and the rest of the Southern U.S.) take the Taipei flight and transit to the Manila or Cebu connection (and vice versa).

The advantage of taking United is the placement of their domestic (U.S.) hub network. Your flight to the U.S. on United or a foreign carrier will most likely end up in a big Pacific or Atlantic coastal city where they are ready to take you to your final destination in the U.S., usually nonstop.

They are still horrible even for short flights to Mexico. I used to take Aeroméxico to the Mexican resort towns from Houston. Compared to the U.S. carrier, they provide a full meal and the drink selection includes complimentary alcohol.

Now, I would rather have to stand the **** from the U.S. carrier for a nonstop flight from Houston because of bad experiences connecting in the Mexico City airport.

Arriving in Mexico, there is always the rush through customs and catch the connection before the doors close. During my last visit, the return home was almost ruined because of ground traffic and almost missed the Houston flight by a few seconds. (Sadly my checked bag didn't make it on that flight, so I ended up going back to the airport the next afternoon to pick up baggage after the daily plane arrived from MEX.)
There is ana to tokyo no stop from iah. But sometimes it returns as a star alliance/united flight.

Old 02-09-2021, 03:29 AM

25 posts, read 20,953 times
Have flown most...Singapore Air the best, Thai and Vietnam Air also ok.

Old 02-11-2021, 07:25 PM

1,051 posts, read 797,134 times
In my experience for trans pacific flights, EVA is very good as is Cathay Pacific. Thai used to be one of the best but has gone downhill dramatically. I've not had the pleasure of flying Singapore.

JAL is one of the worst.

American carriers are for the most part middle of the road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia