Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 11:39 AM

3,410 posts, read 4,466,382 times

Advertisements

Some Shinto priest needs to invent a fertility festival. Japan needs a baby boom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2013, 04:32 AM

65 posts, read 98,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
So you never wanted to live in New Zealand, but you still moved to New Zealand over Japan. You could have moved to Japan anytime, but you never did.

Kinda proves my point. Even you who did not want to go to New Zealand still went to New Zealand and lived there for 19 years. And there are plenty of Chinese who prefer New Zealand over Japan.
I move to NZ with my parents when I was 6,I never liked New Zealand cause I have had way too much asthma attacks for the last few years and when I travelled around Japan,the attacks ceased

Old 11-03-2013, 04:51 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Alex View Post
I move to NZ with my parents when I was 6,I never liked New Zealand cause I have had way too much asthma attacks for the last few years and when I travelled around Japan,the attacks ceased

I think this should stop here before the topic is derailed. I DMed you

Old 11-03-2013, 05:31 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
Some Shinto priest needs to invent a fertility festival. Japan needs a baby boom.

Japan should just take a page what of what Russia did and offer its citizens social support to raise families. As far as I understand it, Japan has a minimalist welfare state that heavily relies on the family for support. While there are lots of pros for that, drastic population decline is a pretty big con. Japan needs to steadily slow its population decline, not have it dive off a cliff. But, like I said before, Japan could really use the space, unless it figures out a way to level its many mountains at an affordable cost. Let's also not forget that Japan has very few of its ow natural resources. The Western way of infinite population growth is not sustainable.

Japan will walk its way out of this mess. Population growth, stagnation, and decline come in stages. Just exactly as in economics we have business cycles, we have population cycles. Only thing is, population cycles last much longer than economic ones. Japan's population is declining, but it WILL stabilize eventually. They are not going to go extinct. Think of it as the "excesses" of the baby boomer population going away.

Old 11-04-2013, 02:02 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,722,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I think this should stop here before the topic is derailed. I DMed you
bascially it is Camlon who keeps telling Alex that Alex prefers New Zealand over Japan, that she/she knows better where Alex likes to lives better than Alex himself, and that everything Alex says just proves he/she is right.

what a "I am always right" kind of person

Plus it is not about whether the Chinese prefers NZ over Japan. It is about if Japan accepts immigrants, will there be a lot of Chinese who will be willing to make the move.

There are a lot of Chinese, and I am pretty sure many of them want to live in Japan given the right opportunity (that some like English speaking countries such as NZ and Canada is not contradictary to this)

Old 11-04-2013, 03:10 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citykid55 View Post
Immigration?
How is it a crisis? How many people do you think needs to be packed on those islands?

Old 11-05-2013, 04:36 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,608,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacoMartin View Post
The term Ponzi scheme is well entrenched in normal conversation. Most people recognize that unlimited exponential growth is impossible in a business plan.

Yet, we are happy to plan for exponential population growth in economic development. It is true that population increased significantly from the 1500's through about 1990's in most places.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacoMartin View Post
I don't think it is stupid to say that there are elements of Ponzi schemes built into social security and other institutions.

You never mentioned "social security and other institutions" in your first 'ponzi scheme' post.

Try to make a point, and then later on make it sound like you said something completely different..Remind me to never debate a topic with you. Cheater.

Old 07-25-2020, 11:43 PM

1,136 posts, read 524,938 times
Many countries have racists, not only Japan. All countries are selfish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
The Japanese are racist. They are afraid of becoming a minority in Japan. And that is evil.

Old 03-25-2022, 01:45 PM

14,611 posts, read 17,551,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
Try to make a point, and then later on make it sound like you said something completely different..Remind me to never debate a topic with you. Cheater.
I think I made two different posts on two different topics. The posts cannot be altered after 90 minutes so it is impossible to cheat by going back in time and changing the original comment.

In the 1920s, Charles Ponzi carried out this scheme and became well known throughout the United States because of the huge amount of money that he took in. His original scheme was based on the legitimate arbitrage of international reply coupons for postage stamps, but he soon began diverting new investors' money to make payments to earlier investors and to himself.

The term "Ponzi scheme" has come to mean any plan that depends on exponential growth to remain viable. Practically every investment or social program is partly based on exponential growth. Many people in the 19th century considered banknotes or any "fiat money" a kind of "ponzi scheme" although Charles Ponzi was not even born until March 3, 1882.

You may notice that paper money is not even mentioned in the US constitution even though £50 and £20 notes were introduced by the Bank of England for the first time in 1725. The £10 note was introduced in 1759 and the US constitution was ratified on June 21, 1788.

So when the constitution was written, wealthy men were accustomed to £10, £20, and £50 banknotes. £10 in 1788 is equivalent in purchasing power to about £1,600 in 2022, so these banknotes were very large for routine use, banknotes were used to transport wealth and to pay off large debts. Yet the topic of paper money was so controversial that the writers of the US constution chose to leave out the subject entirely and only addressed the making of coins including the silver dollar. The Mexican silver dollar was widely used in colonial America.

The Bank of England introduced the £5 and £1 notes in 1793.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money in the US constitution
The Seven Money Clauses
  1. Congress shall have power to borrow money on the credit of the United States. ~ Art. I, sec. 8, cl. 2.
  2. Congress shall have power to coin money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign coin, and fix the standard of weights and measures. ~ Art. I, sec. 8, cl. 5.
  3. Congress shall have power to provide for the punishment of counterfeiting the securities and current coin of the United States. ~ Art. I, sec. 8, cl. 6.
  4. No money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in consequence of appropriations made by law. ~ Art. I, sec. 9, cl. 7.
  5. The migration or importation of such persons as any of the states now existing shall think proper to admit, shall not be prohibited by the Congress prior to the year one thousand eight hundred and eight, but a tax or duty may be imposed on such importation, not exceeding ten dollars for each person. ~ Art. I, sec. 9, cl. 1.
  6. No state shall coin money, emit bills of credit, or make any thing but gold and silver coin a tender in payment of debts. ~ Art. I, sec. 10, cl. 1.
  7. In suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved. ~ Amdt. VII.

Last edited by PacoMartin; 03-25-2022 at 02:25 PM..

Old 03-25-2022, 08:29 PM

6,454 posts, read 3,974,828 times
Of course, this thread is from 2013...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia