Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2019, 07:31 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,493,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
Like Zimbabwe...I wonder what's going to happen when XI and putin get old. Is there a succession plan. Roman empire had this problem.
They will likely appoint someone to succeed them when the time is right.

Quote:
team tulsi 2020!
I don't believe having a female as president of PM is that important. The most valuable thing would be to elect the right person for the job, regardless of what lies between their legs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2019, 08:46 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,475,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
They will likely appoint someone to succeed them when the time is right.

Going to be tough. Xi imprisoned all his rivals. He also got rid of term limits. I don't know what the plan for putin is. Problably the clans will get together and figure something out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
I don't believe having a female as president of PM is that important. The most valuable thing would be to elect the right person for the job, regardless of what lies between their legs.

I think tulsi gabbard is the right person for the job. Especially with DJT in power right now. I think she would be a better president.

Last edited by Dangerous-Boy; 02-18-2019 at 09:42 PM..

Old 02-18-2019, 08:58 PM

543 posts, read 943,334 times
Quote:
when the authoratarian regime comes to put you in the concentration camp, don't complain.
You have a point. But as long as you're in their good books, besides I don't think it will go so bad that we end up with gulags or camps. For the same reason that barring a nut nation like N. Korea going berserk I just don't see a nuclear war happening- In this globalised world everything is way too interconnected especially the economy and world finances.

Besides, what's the guarantee of life anyway? People are killed in democracies also.

I should apologize for bursting at you but maybe I am naive and impressionable. Being in China made me a fan of Xi. Sure, he's carrying a truckload of skeletons in his closet, but the system there made an impression on me.

And this is why coming back to India and seeing the chaos and mess makes me wonder if the China system is what India needs also. This is not just a political but a philosophical quandary- Life goes on and will always go on. People forget, even revolutions are eventually forgotten. But shouldn't something new be at least tried! Besides I also feel that your's and a lot of (mostly conservative) Americans opinion and hatred for China and Xi is based on what you get to read. At this stage anyone of us could be wrong. There are many people who are predicting China's eventual and impending fall. Smoke glass mirrors et all. But just as likely there could be a civil war in America or a sessesion of states in India. Isn't it? No one knows anything!!

Old 02-18-2019, 10:16 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,475,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi85 View Post
You have a point. But as long as you're in their good books, besides I don't think it will go so bad that we end up with gulags or camps. For the same reason that barring a nut nation like N. Korea going berserk I just don't see a nuclear war happening- In this globalised world everything is way too interconnected especially the economy and world finances.

Besides, what's the guarantee of life anyway? People are killed in democracies also.

I should apologize for bursting at you but maybe I am naive and impressionable. Being in China made me a fan of Xi. Sure, he's carrying a truckload of skeletons in his closet, but the system there made an impression on me.

And this is why coming back to India and seeing the chaos and mess makes me wonder if the China system is what India needs also. This is not just a political but a philosophical quandary- Life goes on and will always go on. People forget, even revolutions are eventually forgotten. But shouldn't something new be at least tried! Besides I also feel that your's and a lot of (mostly conservative) Americans opinion and hatred for China and Xi is based on what you get to read. At this stage anyone of us could be wrong. There are many people who are predicting China's eventual and impending fall. Smoke glass mirrors et all. But just as likely there could be a civil war in America or a sessesion of states in India. Isn't it? No one knows anything!!

Shanghai technically is not a chinese city. It was built with western interests in mind. THere are still places in china where people still poop in the hole.

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/...-in-the-bushes

Remember when kids in china were still climbing ladders to school

https://www.cnn.com/2016/10/26/asia/...der/index.html

Many chinese still have the villager mentality.

Also, the communist chinese system is built on fear and control. An example would be say in game of thrones. Tywin Lannister built a great house and won the war. However, he built it on fear and had built no institutions to survive him. Cersei had to blow up the high sparrow and her enemies to secure her power. What happens when the communist party loses its mandate of heaven. CHinese history has shown that dynasty change is always violent.

It also a myth that Chinese can't do democracy when taiwan does it just fine. Hong kong would be fine too if the mainlanders stopped interfering. Its like romance of the 3 kingdoms battle of red cliffs..

And if you've read romance of the 3 kingdoms (moss roberts unabridged translation), water margin, and the 7 military classics of ancient china, you should scared of the rise of the red dragon and its hell money. Just look at what happened to tibet and look at the uigher concentration camps. Mao killed millions in the cultural revolution just keep control of the party.

I think India would be worse off under dictatorship. You can use the the comparison of pakistan's and bangladesh's dictatorship since they are technically indians following a different foreign idealogy. Both slid into islamization which in the end prevents free exchange of ideas which is necessary for prosperity and not getting your head chopped off for disagreeing with someone or blasphemy.

Remember, what adam smith said. THe church and the crown.

Also, I think many indians crave order. That may be why hitler is so popular:

https://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Why-is...n-India-376622

But then again, many indians just want to carpe diem, chill at the beach, do yoga, smoke ganja, and search for enlightenment like the sadhus. That has been since the dawn of time. Its probably in the genes or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYc4PTyLTwo

Democracy is slow but I think it is better because it can outlast bad leaders or bad election by the populace. Look at DJT right now. He's all over the place. If we did not have congress or the courts to rein him in, WW3 would be starting right now. Same with Brexit.

Old 02-18-2019, 11:08 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,034,327 times
Quote:
Shanghai technically is not a chinese city. It was built with western interests in mind. THere are still places in china where people still poop in the hole.

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/...-in-the-bushes

Remember when kids in china were still climbing ladders to school

https://www.cnn.com/2016/10/26/asia/...der/index.html

Many chinese still have the villager mentality.

Also, the communist chinese system is built on fear and control. An example would be say in game of thrones. Tywin Lannister built a great house and won the war. However, he built it on fear and had built no institutions to survive him. Cersei had to blow up the high sparrow and her enemies to secure her power. What happens when the communist party loses its mandate of heaven. CHinese history has shown that dynasty change is always violent.

It also a myth that Chinese can't do democracy when taiwan does it just fine. Hong kong would be fine too if the mainlanders stopped interfering. Its like romance of the 3 kingdoms battle of red cliffs..

And if you've read romance of the 3 kingdoms (moss roberts unabridged translation), water margin, and the 7 military classics of ancient china, you should scared of the rise of the red dragon and its hell money. Just look at what happened to tibet and look at the uigher concentration camps. Mao killed millions in the cultural revolution just keep control of the party.

I think India would be worse off under dictatorship. You can use the the comparison of pakistan's and bangladesh's dictatorship since they are technically indians following a different foreign idealogy. Both slid into islamization which in the end prevents free exchange of ideas which is necessary for prosperity and not getting your head chopped off for disagreeing with someone or blasphemy.

Remember, what adam smith said. THe church and the crown.

Also, I think many indians crave order. That may be why hitler is so popular:

https://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Why-is...n-India-376622

But then again, many indians just want to carpe diem, chill at the beach, do yoga, smoke ganja, and search for enlightenment like the sadhus. That has been since the dawn of time. Its probably in the genes or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYc4PTyLTwo

Democracy is slow but I think it is better because it can outlast bad leaders or bad election by the populace. Look at DJT right now. He's all over the place. If we did not have congress or the courts to rein him in, WW3 would be starting right now. Same with Brexit.
Every one is popular there , even DJT, Che Guevara, Castro. In Tamil Nadu, then even name their kids lenin,stalin etc.

Old 02-19-2019, 03:20 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,687,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raheel12 View Post
Imran Khan is a an Oxford graduate , International Celebrity and has built cancer hospitals that treat patients for free. He doesn't need any validation from anybody . Modi on the other hand was a member of RSS which is a hindu extremist organization (the same organization that killed gandhi) and has his hands in blood because of his involvement in gujrat riots.

Atleast Under Imran Khan Pakistan is looking on the up , under Modi India has turned into an extremist mob lynching nation. You will see the fruits of this hatred sown by Modi 15-20 years down the lane when India will be unrecognisable.

Imran Khan is in Politics since 1996. He was losing elections very badly in his earlier days. That time also he was Oxford, Cricketer, Cancer Hospital and so on. Why this "TABDILI" suddenly in 2018 ? How is he different now but was battered in politics for so long ??
Nawaz Sharif, to his credit, was doing well atleast in the economy field for Pakistan with Motorways, China corridor, Gwadar which will benefit Pakistan in the long run. He even managed good relationship with Modi.

Old 02-19-2019, 04:49 AM

543 posts, read 943,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
Imran Khan is in Politics since 1996. He was losing elections very badly in his earlier days. That time also he was Oxford, Cricketer, Cancer Hospital and so on. Why this "TABDILI" suddenly in 2018 ? How is he different now but was battered in politics for so long ??
Nawaz Sharif, to his credit, was doing well atleast in the economy field for Pakistan with Motorways, China corridor, Gwadar which will benefit Pakistan in the long run. He even managed good relationship with Modi.
You know a lot of Americans speculate that John Kennedy was mainly elected on his looks and charm- He lost in the 1st and 3rd live TV debate to Nixon. But nailed it in the final one. They think he was, at best, a middling President, who's been martyred and saintified due to his tragic death. Imran probabaly rode the charisma wave just like JFK did. He does look smart.

Masses are easily swayed by looks, charisma and authority.

Old 02-19-2019, 08:23 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,034,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi85 View Post
You know a lot of Americans speculate that John Kennedy was mainly elected on his looks and charm- He lost in the 1st and 3rd live TV debate to Nixon. But nailed it in the final one. They think he was, at best, a middling President, who's been martyred and saintified due to his tragic death. Imran probabaly rode the charisma wave just like JFK did. He does look smart.

Masses are easily swayed by looks, charisma and authority.
Imran is not just charisma, he has the will and leadership to do things. If you look, Pakistan cricket team under him was the only team that beat West Indies away and threatened them every time. After that though there were good leaders and players, but he left an unfillable void .

There was a joke that India beats them only once in 4 years(World cup) and gets beaten everytime in between.

One thing I dont believe is the foreign degrees of the celebrities. Even Pappu Rahul and his playboy great grandfather allegedly went to Harvard and Cambridge respectively

Old 02-19-2019, 12:03 PM

358 posts, read 413,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
Imran is not just charisma, he has the will and leadership to do things. If you look, Pakistan cricket team under him was the only team that beat West Indies away and threatened them every time. After that though there were good leaders and players, but he left an unfillable void .

There was a joke that India beats them only once in 4 years(World cup) and gets beaten everytime in between.

One thing I dont believe is the foreign degrees of the celebrities. Even Pappu Rahul and his playboy great grandfather allegedly went to Harvard and Cambridge respectively
He is one of the few leaders we have had who genuinely feels for the people . 2100 prisoners were freed by Saudi when he brought up it up with MBS.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/...090931877.html

Old 02-19-2019, 12:04 PM

358 posts, read 413,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
Imran Khan under 6 months has done more for Pakistan that Nawaz has done for Pakistan in his lifetime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia