Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 11:34 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,342,524 times

Advertisements

While I don't see Dangerous-Boy's vision of a wholesale return to pre-Islamic Persianism, a secular Iran could see a radical change in ethnic culture towards a traditional Persian character, including a resurgence, if not predominance, of romantic national elements including Zoroastrianism, elevation of pre-Islamic Persian arts and philosophy, etc. A de-Arabization, if you will.

And of course the US (and the EU, and Russia, India, China) will meddle and take full advantage of a change like that. That is the nature of global maneuvers.

Old 01-03-2018, 03:04 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,492,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
While I don't see Dangerous-Boy's vision of a wholesale return to pre-Islamic Persianism, a secular Iran could see a radical change in ethnic culture towards a traditional Persian character, including a resurgence, if not predominance, of romantic national elements including Zoroastrianism, elevation of pre-Islamic Persian arts and philosophy, etc. A de-Arabization, if you will.

And of course the US (and the EU, and Russia, India, China) will meddle and take full advantage of a change like that. That is the nature of global maneuvers.
That’s the best case scenario, though I don’t see it happening anytime soon.

Old 01-03-2018, 11:59 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,472,603 times
when a people realize that following the ways of a foreign illiterate bedoiun with a dark age mentality is messed up, iran will be better off.

embrace the enlightenment

Old 01-04-2018, 12:47 AM

984 posts, read 1,313,659 times
I remember in the summer of 2009 and the Iranian protests that took place then. It was at the top of the news around the world and in the West until June 25 when something far more important to the masses happened...............Michael Jackson died.

After his death you never heard a word about the protests somehow like they dies the same day Michael did. It's a pathetic commentary but speaks volumes about how much the West really cares about the Middle East.

Old 01-04-2018, 05:04 AM

35,016 posts, read 16,972,291 times
<snip> I still question your views on American foreign policy and your intentions towards Israel. I don't think the ignoramuses teaching in the madrassahs have any idea what the impact or even meaning of their teachings are.

Last edited by Rozenn; 01-04-2018 at 02:18 PM.. Reason: Orphaned

Old 01-04-2018, 05:38 AM

5,869 posts, read 4,206,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I still question your views on American foreign policy and your intentions towards Israel. I don't think the ignoramuses teaching in the madrassahs have any idea what the impact or even meaning of their teachings are.
Doln't worry, its not a problem.

America cant fix its past errors in a day. We are still locked into prejudicial mindsets that were charted decades ago, if not a century. Better heads should have prevailed when Israel was proposed in the first place, and ignorance put us into a tangled web that has no solution now. Israel is a reality and there is nothing we can do but regret it and try to be guided by past mistakes to make wiser choices in the future, which starts now.

Do you know the meaning of their teachings?

Last edited by Rozenn; 01-04-2018 at 02:19 PM.. Reason: Orphaned

Old 01-04-2018, 05:41 AM

35,016 posts, read 16,972,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
Doln't worry, its not a problem.

America cant fix its past errors in a day. We are still locked into prejudicial mindsets that were charted decades ago, if not a century. Better heads should have prevailed when Israel was proposed in the first place, and ignorance put us into a tangled web that has no solution now. Israel is a reality and there is nothing we can do but regret it and try to be guided by past mistakes to make wiser choices in the future, which starts now.

Do you know the meaning of their teachings?
I guess you're saying that the Jews should not have a state but every other ethnic group it the world should?

Old 01-04-2018, 06:09 AM

1,889 posts, read 1,323,948 times
Judging by what I've learned about Trump so far, he most likely has a layered strategy to Iran which he won't disclose until it becomes obvious in hindsight. One thing that's obvious so far is that his tweeting about the topic has (by design) triggered the media to forego their hesitation on covering the story, given their compulsion to portray anything he does in a negative light.

The Iranians need a Cultural Renaissance. Not an Enlightenment, like someone suggested above, though to discuss why would mean getting sidelined by some pretty hefty topics in the philosophy of science and politics.

Old 01-04-2018, 07:02 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,285,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
Yeah, because the current Iranian government is so kind and benevolent to its people. They're warming the iron fist now, just wait and see. The blame America first crowd will somehow twist the impending slaughter to be America's fault.

BTW, every Iranian-American comment I see on FB is begging for more US support for the protesters. They have seen that crsp regime up close and personal. They know better than all of us keyboard jockeys.
the u.s and saudi arabia are most likely involved at some level in this agitation , its just too much of a coincidence that trump has signalled his intent to torpedo the nuclear deal and saudi arabia have significantly ratcheted up the rhetoric re_ iran this past year

Old 01-04-2018, 07:19 AM

9,356 posts, read 14,301,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
the u.s and saudi arabia are most likely involved at some level in this agitation , its just too much of a coincidence that trump has signalled his intent to torpedo the nuclear deal and saudi arabia have significantly ratcheted up the rhetoric re_ iran this past year
In January 2017 or thereabouts, the US very publicly made a deal with Saudi Arabia worth $100 billion in arms.

Once some of that is spent, the US will covertly sell some billions of dollars in arms to Iran to use against the Saudis or whatever name their next proxy group goes by (Al Qaeda, ISIS, whatever, as long as it sounds convincing).

Then they'll resume the cycle all over again and again and again and again for as long as Muslim women continue to crank out fodder at a fast enough pace.

Talk about renewables, it really is a good business that self perpetuates.

Is that too cynical, irish_bob?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia