Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 09:01 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,321,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
Hi Lamar,

What are the main things that bother you about the 'gay agenda'?

I think I know what you mean. Sometimes minority groups have a lot of anger towards society and seem to take pleasure in offending other people. They often cannot accept people who do not agree with them.
Yes, but when it comes to gays, their mere existence offends people. Therefore, ANY move toward equality is considered hostile and part of some secret sinister plot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2014, 01:13 PM

3,402 posts, read 2,787,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
I think I know what you mean. Sometimes minority groups have a lot of anger towards society and seem to take pleasure in offending other people. They often cannot accept people who do not agree with them.
Wait, wait, I know this one!

Republicans!

But seriously, homosexuals appear to be orders of magnitude less angry and offensive than the Rush Limbaughs, Pat Robertsons, the Birthers, the Militias, etc... I have to be honest, I am a lot less concerned about a pride parade than I am about the Open Carry idiots who march into stores and get upset when, surprise, strangers making a point about displaying their loaded weapons make them nervous. Some fruit in a G-string shaking his pelvis is a lot less of a danger to me and mine than Rambo Jr with a loaded AR-15...

-NoCapo

Old 07-23-2014, 06:04 PM

6,324 posts, read 4,321,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCapo View Post
Wait, wait, I know this one!

Republicans!

But seriously, homosexuals appear to be orders of magnitude less angry and offensive than the Rush Limbaughs, Pat Robertsons, the Birthers, the Militias, etc... I have to be honest, I am a lot less concerned about a pride parade than I am about the Open Carry idiots who march into stores and get upset when, surprise, strangers making a point about displaying their loaded weapons make them nervous. Some fruit in a G-string shaking his pelvis is a lot less of a danger to me and mine than Rambo Jr with a loaded AR-15...

-NoCapo
I can't rep you for real, so here's a +1 kudo from me. Awesome post and my sentiments EXACTLY.

Old 07-28-2014, 10:13 AM

766 posts, read 1,394,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
My wife worked years ago with profoundly mentally disabled and abused children and she tells me that some of them are sexually obsessive and deviant along the general lines you mention. That is unsurprising given their lack of judgment and filters. One hopes that they are protected from themselves and not just allowed to rut about unsupervised. But you are responding to a post about consenting adults. I do not think that profoundly mentally and emotionally damaged people are "consenting adults". Conduct such as you describe identifies them as less capable of informed consent than most young children. So why you had to bring that up, I don't pretend to know.

Because they are in an Independant Living Program..... therefore....they have RIGHTS! (and we can't stop them!)

This is your taxpaying dollars at work!

Old 07-28-2014, 11:04 AM

3,402 posts, read 2,787,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springazure View Post
Because they are in an Independant Living Program..... therefore....they have RIGHTS! (and we can't stop them!)

This is your taxpaying dollars at work!
[/b]
What is your answer to the problem, castration, forced sterilization, genital mutilation? Exactly how do you think we should force people of diminished capacity to conform their sexual behavior to your likes? If they are competent enough to work, to live independently, even if they need some help, shouldn't they be able to make their own choices about sexuality? If they are not competent, then of course someone else has to make those decisions for them...

As far as tax dollars, I can think of quite a lot of government spending that makes me far more furious than caring for those of us who have mental disabilities...

And what in the world does that have to do with homosexuality?

-NoCapo

Old 07-29-2014, 07:27 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,700,397 times
Thanks, No Capo. That is the post I was going to make. Gay rights is no drain of the taxpayers. If anything stopping the process of trying to legislate against their existence is going to save money, not spend it.

As to spending tax money on mental health, by all means leave them to manage or not on their own without a penny of public money going to help them. Let us now all guess at the political and religious views of those who express such sentiments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism