Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 02:14 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,586,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmont View Post
I'm looking at the story of Jesus, not the societal impact he had. And based on the story/mythology of Jesus, he was not heroic, as the God of Christian Mythology is absolutely precluded from being a hero because, in the story, he is the villain.

That people have done good (and ill) in the name of Jesus is irrelevant to the topic, which is: do you find the story/sayings of Jesus to be heroic? Do you find Jesus to be heroic? As I and others have stated, no, I do not find Jesus heroic.

And no, I have not confused Jesus with Popes or organized churches. In fact, I haven't touched on them at all in this thread. I am basing this solely on what the Bible purports Jesus to have done and said. And based on the Bible, Jesus is necessarily a bad guy, because Jesus IS the god of the story, and the god of this story, again, is evil. Evil evil evil.
Wow, just wow

If you think Jesus Christ was evil; then you must think every single person on Earth is evil.
Perhaps you may need to seek physical help... help is out there.

Good Luck! I will NOT write anything to you again.

Old 09-21-2012, 02:19 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
Thread is closed..

Proseltyzing is proseltyzing is proseltyzing