Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 01:09 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times

Advertisements

Alexander The Great was a fictional character also.. why is it that some people come up with this idea that Jesus was a fictional character? If they really believe that then they should consider all historic figures born over a thousand years ago fictional characters also. If Jesus was an ancient scientist...or explorer...or a famous general...Then he would not be fictional...Just because there is spirituality involved and a touch of mysticism..He is fictional? I would say the fictional idea comes from those who have never bothered giving the old records a study...sure there is some foolish far fetched stuff in the bible..but I guarantee you Christ was not fictitious.

Old 09-18-2012, 01:13 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,586,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Alexander The Great was a fictional character also.. why is it that some people come up with this idea that Jesus was a fictional character? If they really believe that then they should consider all historic figures born over a thousand years ago fictional characters also. If Jesus was an ancient scientist...or explorer...or a famous general...Then he would not be fictional...Just because there is spirituality involved and a touch of mysticism..He is fictional? I would say the fictional idea comes from those who have never bothered giving the old records a study...sure there is some foolish far fetched stuff in the bible..but I guarantee you Christ was not fictitious.
Many atheists/nonbelievers/Non-Christian-Muslims say that Jesus Christ was myth just to be ignorant, arrogant and bigot. They know that there are enough historical evidence that he existed (again, I cannot guarantee he was son of God) but I can show you plenty of sources of evidence saying that he did exist.

Sad to say that 2,000 years from now, some people will deny that Bin Ladin never existed and that 9/11 was fiction because many evidence may get destroyed. Same happened during Jesus Christ' time that were many intolerant nonbelievers that destroyed books and more evidence of Christ.

Old 09-18-2012, 01:27 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,948,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunnor View Post
''Blessed are those who have not yet seen me"
"Love your enemy, love your neighbor"
"If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven."
"If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same."

Heart-warming quotes by Jesus Christ.
Interesting how you consistently ignore these quotes as if they aren't in your "magical" book:

"But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me." Luke 19:27

"That servant who knows his master's will and does not get ready or does not do what his master wants will be beaten with many blows." Luke 12:47

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." Matthew 10:34

"For God said, 'Honor your father and mother' and 'Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death." Matthew 15:4-7

"If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, 7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), 8 do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. 9 You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. 10 Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. 11 Then all Israel will hear and be afraid, and no one among you will do such an evil thing again." Deuteronomy 16:6-9

Old 09-18-2012, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Oleg, read my post several pages back on this very thread. You have no proof jesus existed. All of jesus' traits/miracles were documented by other folk characters well before he was supposed to be alive. What makes you think he existed? The bible??? Do you live in a world that is based on evidence or just blind trust of what the bible told you? What archeological evidence proves he existed besides some writing that occcured WAY after his death? The shroud of turin? Really?

You bring up old records. Name them. Can you quote someone today word-for-word who lived in 1700 who NEVER HAD ANYTHING WRITTEN ABOUT THEM between now and then? How does that make sense to a logical person? How can you believe the bible when it was written HUNDREDS of years after his "deaths"? Do you turn a blind eye to facts? Think!

Old 09-18-2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
Oleg, read my post several pages back on this very thread. You have no proof jesus existed. All of jesus' traits/miracles were documented by other folk characters well before he was supposed to be alive. What makes you think he existed? The bible??? Do you live in a world that is based on evidence or just blind trust of what the bible told you? What archeological evidence proves he existed besides some writing that occcured WAY after his death? The shroud of turin? Really?

You bring up old records. Name them. Can you quote someone today word-for-word who lived in 1700? How can you believe the bible when it was written HUNDREDS of years after his "deaths"? Do you turn a blind eye to facts? Think!
There are many websites showing plenty of evidence and sources outside of the Bible saying that a person named Jesus Christ existed and performed miracles.

Actually there were many sources written during Christ' life and just after his death that has been destroyed by the Romans and some Jews who were Anti-Christ. Luckily his gospels were spread out by early Christians and his disciples.

The earliest gospel written was not hundreds of years after his death, just years after!

Old 09-18-2012, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
Interesting how you consistently ignore these quotes as if they aren't in your "magical" book:

"But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me." Luke 19:27

"That servant who knows his master's will and does not get ready or does not do what his master wants will be beaten with many blows." Luke 12:47

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." Matthew 10:34

"For God said, 'Honor your father and mother' and 'Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death." Matthew 15:4-7

"If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, 7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), 8 do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. 9 You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. 10 Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. 11 Then all Israel will hear and be afraid, and no one among you will do such an evil thing again." Deuteronomy 16:6-9
I cannot find them in five of my bibles (New Testament) at home... Proof me Jesus was the one who said this.

Old 09-18-2012, 01:52 PM

Those quotes ARE in the New Testament!!!! I even cited the passages for you to look up. Look harder.

Old 09-18-2012, 02:06 PM

Quote:
There are many websites showing plenty of evidence and sources outside of the Bible saying that a person named Jesus Christ existed and performed miracles.
Ugh! I give up. NOTHING was written or saved from the the year 0 to prove he even existed, let alone performed these stupid miracles. You can cite 1000 websites that some imaginary man performed "miracles" but if you can believe something so ridiculous, there's no hope for you to listen to logic and facts. What a waste of time. "But, but, but... the shroud of turin is proof of Him!" Yeah right!

Quote:
Actually there were many sources written during Christ' life and just after his death
Oh really? Please cite them as proof of his existence. If they were destroyed, how can you know they even existed? Are you relying on word of mouth as passed on from generation to generation? Don't you think any one of his followers would keep SOMETHING to prove his "almighty" existence? Why does he disappear from all written and archaeological record for 300 years? Are you saying NO ONE wrote anything or kept ANYTHING from the one and only son of god? Hmmmm.... You are relying on VERY thin evidence that you can't even cite. It's pathetic.

Old 09-18-2012, 04:27 PM

1,816 posts, read 2,513,367 times
Quote:
I cannot find them in five of my bibles (New Testament) at home... Proof me Jesus was the one who said this.
Is this proof enough that Nunnor is just trolling? Willfully ignoring facts to further one's stance isn't conducive to a debate or an online community.

Nothing more to see here.

Old 09-18-2012, 06:26 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,913,302 times
Quote:
Matthew 15 is not in your bible?

Luke 12 and Luke 19 are not in your bible?

What strange bible is this that it is missing these chapters?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.