Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 01:15 AM

15 posts, read 21,212 times

Advertisements

I know but I gotta show them that thinking atheists are evil its an stereotype
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 10:46 AM

1,088 posts, read 2,196,937 times
Hell, I'm an atheist chick and if someone came at me with prison population statistics during a date I'd lose interest.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:50 AM

hahha sorry but it seems to me that if you can't handle a comment about atheists in prision you are not worth it either

what are you gonna talk about unicorns and rainbows all the time?

Old 10-11-2009, 04:17 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,630,095 times
I've been to Costa Rica, Panama and Mexico and I would agree that the overwhelming majority of the population is religious but that doesn't mean that you can't meet someone who is like minded and might share your point of view. I think Rafius had some pretty good advice, you're probably in the wrong circle of friends and need to branch out. One thing you might try is to see if there are any social networks on the internet where you might meet someone in your area. Almost all of the atheists I know I've met on the internet and there are organizations for every kind of thing you can think of. It's probably the most efficient way of meeting people whose views are in the minority that exists. You might even try a singles website where you could describe your lack of belief. It's quite possible there's a woman who's having the same problem that you're having. Good luck.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:26 PM

nice post MontanaGuy , yeah I need to try harder cause things are not working right now. I'll take a look around the web

Old 10-12-2009, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhaga View Post
hahha sorry but it seems to me that if you can't handle a comment about atheists in prision you are not worth it either

what are you gonna talk about unicorns and rainbows all the time?
Well, I'm certainly glad my husband didn't share your opinion 9 years ago. Don't be so narrow.

Old 10-12-2009, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotted1 View Post
Well, I'm certainly glad my husband didn't share your opinion 9 years ago. Don't be so narrow.
Narrow me? when a person can't handle a 10 words comment about atheists in prison

Old 10-12-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhaga View Post
Narrow me? when a person can't handle a 10 words comment about atheists in prison
I didn't say I couldn't handle the comment. I just said talking about prison populations on the first date is likely to cause women - even atheist ones - to lose interest. But hey, don't take a woman's word for it or anything.

Old 10-12-2009, 08:26 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
My 22 year old daughter has had issues with religious boys. She told me today that the first question she is going to ask any guy when she goes on a date with him is whether or not he is an atheist. If he says "no" she will end it. I think that's a little harsh and told her she ought to include agnostics in her dating pool as well

Old 10-12-2009, 11:05 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,867,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
My 22 year old daughter has had issues with religious boys. She told me today that the first question she is going to ask any guy when she goes on a date with him is whether or not he is an atheist.
Perhaps it might be better to ask that BEFORE she goes on the date. Saves the time and trouble of having to get 'dolled up' only to find yourself back home watching TV 30 minutes later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism