Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2011, 07:04 AM

487 posts, read 1,817,503 times

Advertisements

Ok Atlantagreg-we can clearly see who's side you are on. And I was willing to give this officer the benefit of the doubt in the beginning but after looking at the video a few times he overeacted, you should really watch the videos.
Quote:
She (the woman who interfered) yanked at his shirt collar and he pushed her away from him, at which point she slapped him, and he slapped her back - she then went off like a cat and starting swinging her arms, slapping and hitting the officer
She did not slap him first-she grabbed his shirt collar, The officer did not push her, he slapped her in the face.

Quote:
Watch the videos. The patrons of the restaurant are doing a combination of simply watching what was transpiring and even in some cases laughing at the whole thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pw-b...layer_embedded- I watched this video and you can see and hear a few people complaining about how the officer is handling the situation, one girl tried to intervene but was pulled back, also you can hear someone saying "this is f-ing ridiculous and police brutality"

Last edited by LAB6120; 04-29-2011 at 07:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 07:24 AM

4,688 posts, read 8,027,124 times
Why do women think they can do whatever to a man that they want to and no type of "punishment" is suppose to happen? America is the only country like this, let a woman hit a man in Saudi Arabia or in any Spanish country and see what will happen. Ladies learn your role, if you hit a man get ready to have to fight like a man. Women always claim that men are stronger and that is the reaon we should not hit back, that is a bunch of BS! You will not see me starting a fight with Mike Tyson in his prime because I know he will kick my butt. Ladies learn your role in life, if someone is stronger than you dont pick a fight with them. It is common sense. Some women think that they can do whatever with your repercussions. A woman can spit on you, hit your 1 month old child, blow up a building, beat up your 99 year old mom but men are suppose hit you back????? GTFOH!

Old 04-29-2011, 07:28 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,309,801 times
I think the cop repeatedly telling the kid with the camera to "shut up" is evidence that the cop knew he had not been, and still was not in control of the situation, and that he had crossed a line in a way that could get real ugly for him, real fast.

That's part of the reason why I asked if these off-duty cops had been drinking or were drunk.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:53 AM

461 posts, read 1,069,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
Why do women think they can do whatever to a man that they want to and no type of "punishment" is suppose to happen? America is the only country like this, let a woman hit a man in Saudi Arabia or in any Spanish country and see what will happen. Ladies learn your role, if you hit a man get ready to have to fight like a man. Women always claim that men are stronger and that is the reaon we should not hit back, that is a bunch of BS! You will not see me starting a fight with Mike Tyson in his prime because I know he will kick my butt. Ladies learn your role in life, if someone is stronger than you dont pick a fight with them. It is common sense. Some women think that they can do whatever with your repercussions. A woman can spit on you, hit your 1 month old child, blow up a building, beat up your 99 year old mom but men are suppose hit you back????? GTFOH!
This is a ridiculous post in response to what actually happened. The woman got open hand slapped in the face before she started punching. She was trying to intervene in a situation she (and obviously other patrons) felt was unjust and was going overboard with an officer, who may or may not have actually identified himself as an officer, and who was jacking up two women cornered in a booth. I totally agree that if a woman decides to fight like a man, she deserves whatever she gets, but it just absolutely does not apply in this situation.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakhurstlauren View Post
This is a ridiculous post in response to what actually happened. The woman got open hand slapped in the face before she started punching. She was trying to intervene in a situation she (and obviously other patrons) felt was unjust and was going overboard with an officer, who may or may not have actually identified himself as an officer, and who was jacking up two women cornered in a booth. I totally agree that if a woman decides to fight like a man, she deserves whatever she gets, but it just absolutely does not apply in this situation.

But we, at least I was taught to not to interfere with cops when they are making an arrest. We have been taught that since elementary school. It's not that hard. She didnt get killed, she learned her lesson hopefully.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:01 AM

461 posts, read 1,069,618 times
Quote:
But we, at least I was taught to not to interfere with cops when they are making an arrest. We have been taught that since elementary school. It's not that hard. She didnt get killed, she learned her lesson hopefully.
What lesson? That cops are allowed to do whatever they want whenever they want? Just because you're taught something, doesn't make it right. Citizens are allowed to question the acts of employees whose salaries are paid by taxpayer dollars.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:04 AM

23,489 posts, read 44,146,303 times
Quote:
I (even speaking as a women) have to agree. These men were wearing a uniform, and it looks to me that these girls were overstepping their bounds. If they felt the police were out of line, there were other alternatives as far as reporting this. I've said before, if you act in an aggressive manner towards a uniformed police officer, can you really expect any other outcome?

Old 04-29-2011, 08:33 AM

Quote:
What lesson? That cops are allowed to do whatever they want whenever they want? Just because you're taught something, doesn't make it right. Citizens are allowed to question the acts of employees whose salaries are paid by taxpayer dollars.

They are cops. If you have a problem with them go to the APD and file an complaint

Old 04-29-2011, 08:35 AM

32,032 posts, read 36,833,008 times
Quote:
Cops are definitely not allowed to do whatever they want. They're in a special position and need to be held to a higher standard of professionalism and accountability.

At the same time, there's no doubt that Ms. Leavell is the one who decided to escalate things by interjecting herself in the arrest of Ms. Freeman. Leavell is the one who stuck her camera in the officer's face. She is the one who began grabbing at the officer's face and collar and then began hitting him after he pushed her away.

She didn't have to do any of that, and I'm not sure why she did.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
I (even speaking as a women) have to agree. These men were wearing a uniform, and it looks to me that these girls were overstepping their bounds. If they felt the police were out of line, there were other alternatives as far as reporting this. I've said before, if you act in an aggressive manner towards a uniformed police officer, can you really expect any other outcome?

+1

I don't understand why people are mad about this. There are plenty of ways to "report" to report a cop if you do not like what they are doing. All she had to do was move out of the way and let the jobs do their job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta