Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2011, 12:29 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Nobody in this thread has stated that police officers are "above the law", although you have made that accusation more than once. Police officers ARE the law. If you were there and you know for sure what happened prior to the video coverage then fine...but I assume you weren't there. If I had been out at 4 am acting like a fool and causing problems as they appear to have been, I would expect to be treated accordingly. Their actions were not acceptable, and they paid for it.
Well it's good to know you're in full support of police brutality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 12:34 PM

2,399 posts, read 4,216,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakhurstlauren View Post
You're just angry because I pointed out the flaw in your logic, which should have applied to EVERYONE in the situation including the officer.
When a person refuses to do what an officer asks, it never ends well. If you disagree, that's what the courts are for. If you are truly in the right, the officer's abuse of power will be seen and you will win.

The problem with this case is that the women thought that they were in the right to:

1) Disobey officer orders.

2) Interfere with an arrest.

3) Put your hands on an officer.

For some reason, many people, a lot of men included, think that women are above the law, and that they must be dealt with differently than men. Society acts as though the offensive things that women do, things men would be punished greatly for, are of a trivial nature. You, yourself, are illustrating this.

Old 04-29-2011, 12:35 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,805,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Stop putting words in my mouth. It's a very immature response usually reserved for when there is no other valid argument. If you have a valid comment then I welcome that, but the above is just childish.

Old 04-29-2011, 12:37 PM

2,399 posts, read 4,216,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Police Brutality?

You've got to be kidding. All that had to have been done is for the girl to oblige the officer's requests to leave. When you fight with an officer, you can't expect not to be dealt with.

Old 04-29-2011, 12:40 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,422,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
Yes, with my Jedi outfit
I'll be there as Darth Vader!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
The second cop could have easily subdued her. WTF? Were the cops drunk?
They had so much pancakes, they were full and tired themselves. They had the itis. Ate so much and got mad for being called to work. The ladies' attitudes didn't help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL Golfer View Post
I'm just glad the people involved are the same race so we don't have to get Jessee Jackson involved.
Isn't everyone relieved? Still doesn't excuse the cop from misbehaving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
You know it was only a matter of time before someone tried to open that can of worms. It's clear race is irrelevant in this story. It's a matter of a bunch of people not having common sense. Last time I checked, stupid didn't have a color.
We know that. Some City-Data posters prove it time and time again!! They know who they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
Note: iHop management had asked the women to leave (more than once) due to their being disruptive, and they refused. The iHop personnel actually asked the police to get involved at some point.
I'm telling you, it's something in the pancakes that has people acting up these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernsee View Post
People always seem to take the cop's side in incidents like these. In my experiences, cops in the South are much more aggressive, much nastier and much more corrupt in the South then in other parts of the country. I've never heard of incidents like these in other areas where I've lived, like DC and Chicago, where the police all seem to be on power trips. They all seem to have God complexes down here and feel that they can get away with anything. Police corruption appears to be rampant. As far as I'm concerned, we're living in a military, police state here. It's unlike anything I've ever seen in my life.
Native NY'er who disagrees.

NYPD cops would have probably doused her with syrup, punched her a few more times, made her strip (with a bleeding face), then beat anyone taping the incident. That would be on a good day!

The cop in question just happens to be a weak prick, imho. Forget training him, he needs to be fired. Too many would be good cops out there to hire and train.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
So, anyone thats saying the officer was within his right, can you show me ANY police procedure that says its cool to punch a resisting person in the face??? A woman at that... ill wait. People give these damn police WAYYYY too much ground to do what they want to do. The look on their face when they ask can they search your car and you say NO, and they bring out the drug dog and it gives no indication of drugs and have to let you go anyway.. classic.
. Let them believe that nonsense, until a cop on a bad day decides he wants to use his baton on him/her for no real reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
FYI that new Cinnastack is really good...the chicken and waffles though are not so great, its just chicken fingers....damn near made me slap the person next to me I was so upset...

The Mahi Shrimp are actually pretty good too....

IHOP...yummy...

He probably had the Cinnastack. Got him dizzy. All that sugar can do that to you.

Sugar is one hell of a drug!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
Why do women think they can do whatever to a man that they want to and no type of "punishment" is suppose to happen? America is the only country like this, let a woman hit a man in Saudi Arabia or in any Spanish country and see what will happen. Ladies learn your role, if you hit a man get ready to have to fight like a man. Women always claim that men are stronger and that is the reaon we should not hit back, that is a bunch of BS! You will not see me starting a fight with Mike Tyson in his prime because I know he will kick my butt. Ladies learn your role in life, if someone is stronger than you dont pick a fight with them. It is common sense. Some women think that they can do whatever with your repercussions. A woman can spit on you, hit your 1 month old child, blow up a building, beat up your 99 year old mom but men are suppose hit you back????? GTFOH!
Hey, the day someone (cop or not) beats down your, wife, mother or sister, don't come on City-Data, changing your tune.

While, I agree with you that some women like to use the physical disadvantage in their favor, there are better ways to deal with them. If a woman did that to me, I'd call the cops. It's better that way. I don't believe in hitting women, no matter what situation I'm in.

You're going to get Oprah, Nancy Grace and Suze Orman on your case soon!

The Ladies: "Learn your role?? What did he just say? Ladies, get the bats. We gone' teach this ole' boy about his role in these modern times."

Tonygeorgia:" ......."

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
I think the cop repeatedly telling the kid with the camera to "shut up" is evidence that the cop knew he had not been, and still was not in control of the situation, and that he had crossed a line in a way that could get real ugly for him, real fast.

That's part of the reason why I asked if these off-duty cops had been drinking or were drunk.
It's the syrup.... (so thick, sweet and Lord knows what else is in there)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
It's not that hard. She didnt get killed, she learned her lesson hopefully.
You're right, she didn't get killed. But a lawsuit against that cop will teach that cop (and other cops) not to punch a woman prematurely, have Boba Fett recording you, and being on Youtube. If they go to trial, and there are a few women on that jury, dude's done.

Yeah, the lesson of the day: Record cops acting unprofessionally/violently, and you may make some money, or better yet, get them fired and make money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
Wow, I guess I'm primitive for thinking that a man has no business roughhousing a female who's not directly threatening his safety. And even if the first woman was being loud and belligerent, why in the world did he grab her hair and push her up against the wall? This cop needs training on how to better handle situations like this because it was 100% unprofessional if you ask me.
You're not primitive, just civilized.

Forget training him, FIRE him. He's a liability to the APD. There are plenty of good cops that would have done a better job. Let's agree that the lady is wrong, but this cop is horrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
Damn, with responses like these, I see why domestic violence is so high in the South.
Responses like these would not be so vocal at lunch, at work. Some are just venting here, cause they can't do it at work, or in front of their wives.

Old 04-29-2011, 12:50 PM

2,590 posts, read 4,530,956 times
I bet Han Solo wanted to deck Princess Leia a few times.

Old 04-29-2011, 01:09 PM

8,485 posts, read 14,994,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
I have...and I didn't respond with disrespect or aggressiveness. It's pretty ignorant to react in some way that will possibly get you in trouble.

Yes sir/ma'am, I apologize, or some other courteous response usually does the trick. If not, there are better avenues of recourse than a physical confrontation.
I'm not saying it is appropriate to hit a cop. In the times I have been in that situation I kept calm and followed the officer's (no matter how big of a p u t z they were) to the letter.

But I am lucky. I've never been beaten by a cop. I've never been thrown to the ground and cuffed for being uppity. Some people do not have the self control in that situation. An officer is expected to though and if not face the consequences.

If I mess up in my job and punch a project manager in the face then would anyone be surprised if I lost my job? Why should an officer be treated any different?

Old 04-29-2011, 01:14 PM

8,485 posts, read 14,994,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post

Native NY'er who disagrees.

NYPD cops would have probably doused her with syrup, punched her a few more times, made her strip (with a bleeding face), then beat anyone taping the incident. That would be on a good day!
Cosigned and so would Amidou Diallo, Sean Bell and the countless other people in NYC who have been murdered by the NYPD we just don't know about.

Old 04-29-2011, 01:16 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,805,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
I'm not saying it is appropriate to hit a cop. In the times I have been in that situation I kept calm and followed the officer's (no matter how big of a p u t z they were) to the letter.

But I am lucky. I've never been beaten by a cop. I've never been thrown to the ground and cuffed for being uppity. Some people do not have the self control in that situation. An officer is expected to though and if not face the consequences.

If I mess up in my job and punch a project manager in the face then would anyone be surprised if I lost my job? Why should an officer be treated any different?
I assume you don't have the responsibilities of a police officer at your job, so I don't see the connection there.

People who don't have enough self-control face many obstacles not unlike the results of this incident. I'm glad I don't have that problem, and I bet each one of those women will use more control in the future and act a little more civil toward authorities. I know I would if that happened to me.

Like I've said before, we don't know the full extent of the situation at IHOP. Lots of people are making lots of bold statements without all of the facts. Some people just plain don't like police and don't respect authority, and this is the kind of outcome I expect when that's the case.

Old 04-29-2011, 01:33 PM

864 posts, read 1,123,352 times
The woman was white. Something needs to be done in the white community so white people will own up and take responsibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta