Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 08:02 PM

283 posts, read 375,560 times

Advertisements

Shouldn't a thread like this be closed already? I'm sure the original poster's chosen a place to live by now and a lot of the information presented is being rendered inaccurate by the mere passage of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2012, 07:15 PM

567 posts, read 890,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimples8671 View Post
I have been in Tn all my life, and I am thinking about relocating to Ga, and I need a good area of town, middle school, and high school without a lot of problems and gang activity...What do u suggest for me?
If you are looking in the Clayton area, I'm guessing the reason why you posted in this thread I'd recommend Jonesboro or Morrow. Two very nice towns

Morrow
City of Morrow, Georgia

Jonesboro
Jonesboro Georgia > Home

Old 11-08-2016, 04:09 PM

2 posts, read 1,794 times
I am trying to move my family here to Riverdale GA from Louisville KY and I think it's time for a change for my kids will this be a good one my kids are 15 and under

Old 11-26-2016, 03:07 PM

2 posts, read 2,152 times
I'm moving from Chicago to Georgia and was thinking about riverdale I have my teenage daughter and 1 year old son is this a good move I'm trying to get away from the crime here in Chicago

Old 11-26-2016, 06:49 PM

567 posts, read 890,046 times
Realistically speaking I am one of the biggest advocates for Clayton County and Clayton county cities, however I have to be honest that you may not want to move to Riverdale with a teenage son. The high schools and the elementary schools are horrible..and throughout the county it's not much better. While I do recommend the county for its amenities, affordability, and proximity to the city..I don't recommend it for the schools. If your budget is constricted and you have to live in the county I would recommend Jonesboro, Morrow or Lovejoy. All of these areas are safe and have better schools than Riverdale

Old 11-26-2016, 08:14 PM

1,462 posts, read 1,430,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listennow32 View Post
Realistically speaking I am one of the biggest advocates for Clayton County and Clayton county cities, however I have to be honest that you may not want to move to Riverdale with a teenage son. The high schools and the elementary schools are horrible..and throughout the county it's not much better. While I do recommend the county for its amenities, affordability, and proximity to the city..I don't recommend it for the schools. If your budget is constricted and you have to live in the county I would recommend Jonesboro, Morrow or Lovejoy. All of these areas are safe and have better schools than Riverdale
You are SOO right.Riverdale is not where I would live if I had teenage kids.It sok I guess if you are single and want cheap suburban life.Our higer crime areas dont always look like slums.
Its not that dangerous but it aint that safe either.

I concur whats been said about Morrow,Jonesboro or Lovejoy as well as Rex

Old 11-05-2017, 06:42 PM

1 posts, read 720 times
thank you for your clarity i am a retiree looking to relocate Ga and i really need feedback as to which location is better for me . confused

Old 01-25-2019, 07:10 PM

1 posts, read 490 times
My fiance recently landed a great job in Riverdale, Ga and wants me to follow him. We have had a long distance relationship and it worked but I have been doing research and riverdale has a 190% crime rate over the nation's normal and their school district is a D average. Im from Miami where we are currently an A avg district (no D or F schools) and te crime rate is high but sheesh! Only difference is the housing is 3 x's cheaper

Old 01-27-2019, 08:30 AM

761 posts, read 907,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkleFaze View Post
My fiance recently landed a great job in Riverdale, Ga and wants me to follow him. We have had a long distance relationship and it worked but I have been doing research and riverdale has a 190% crime rate over the nation's normal and their school district is a D average. Im from Miami where we are currently an A avg district (no D or F schools) and te crime rate is high but sheesh! Only difference is the housing is 3 x's cheaper
A lot of people who work in Riverdale or Clayton County don't live there. If you want A rated schools and low crime, look in Fayette County and commute to Riverdale. The commute from Fayette to Riverdale is only only 10-30 minutes depending on where you live in Fayette (Fayetteville, Tyrone, Peachtree City). Peachtree City has the highest rated schools in the South Metro area and one of the lowest crime rates in the state. The only downside is the median home price in Peachtree City is 3-4 times more than the median home price in Riverdale.

You could also consider parts of Henry County or Coweta County (Newnan, Sharpsburg, Senoia) if you want a more affordable home that is still in a nice area.

Old 01-27-2019, 09:04 AM

272 posts, read 271,902 times
Woah zombie thread.
But to the topic at hand, avoid Henry and Clayton counties like the plague. Closest I'd consider would be Peachtree City.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta