Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2016, 07:35 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,485,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Trump's average voter IQ is just barely enough where they put you in the regular school.
lol, C'mon over to the politics forum and see how that argument stacks up.

And btw, Trump will easily win Georgia next week.

Old 02-22-2016, 07:51 AM

3,874 posts, read 4,699,116 times
Default Atlanta Nov 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovenyc View Post
agreed. He is the only Republican to speak the truth about the invasion of Iraq under false pretenses, and the false narrative of Bush keeping America safe. I was in lower Manhattan on 9/11 and I did not feel safe that day.

Yes, I will give kudos to Trump for speaking truth to that issue. And for that, he is considered to be totally persona-non-grata by the old guard Republican establishment who've been covering someone's behind since 9/11. I'm wondering though if he regrets having said that & I will wait to see if he ever brings it up again.
In the aftermath of 9/11 there has been so VERY, VERY much Republican pushback & historical revisionism put out there about how 9/11 happened.
Around 2007 or so, I nearly fell out of my chair one Sunday morning while watching ABC's Sunday a.m. show with George Stephanopolous when I saw Republican media consultant/television pundit Mary Matalin say, "We (the Bush Administration) inherited 9/11."
With no pushback given by the host Stephanopolous to call her out on that ultimate revisionist fabrication, a.k.a lie, I realized how far down the rat hole much of our news programming had fallen.

Old 02-22-2016, 07:52 AM

1,164 posts, read 1,265,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
lol, C'mon over to the politics forum and see how that argument stacks up.
From what I've seen over there, the forum provides considerable anecdotal evidence for his claim.

Quote:
Very likely.

Old 02-22-2016, 07:55 AM

9,829 posts, read 7,262,857 times
Quote:
Because Georgia is a state full of racist, bigoted, uneducated idiots. Nothing to be proud of.

Old 02-22-2016, 07:57 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,641,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post
Yes, I will give kudos to Trump for speaking truth to that issue. And for that, he is considered to be totally persona-non-grata by the old guard Republican establishment who've been covering someone's behind since 9/11. I'm wondering though if he regrets having said that & I will wait to see if he ever brings it up again.
In the aftermath of 9/11 there has been so VERY, VERY much Republican pushback & historical revisionism put out there about how 9/11 happened.
Around 2007 or so, I nearly fell out of my chair one Sunday morning while watching ABC's Sunday a.m. show with George Stephanopolous when I saw Republican media consultant/television pundit Mary Matalin say, "We (the Bush Administration) inherited 9/11."
With no pushback given by the host Stephanopolous to call her out on that ultimate revisionist fabrication, a.k.a lie, I realized how far down the rat hole much of our news programming had fallen.

HIS-tory about 9/11 has definitely been revised and fabricated. The Bushes are lucky Trump didn't go into the relation of the Bush family with the Saudi's and the Bin Laden family. I am not a Trump supported but as the old saying goes..." A broken clock is right at least twice a day"

Old 02-22-2016, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Yes, I will give kudos to Trump for speaking truth to that issue.
Even there, he bends the truth. All the evidence points to W's administration being convinced that Iraq (still) had WMDs and manipulating the intelligence to make their case. It's not true that the administration knew there were no WMDs and simply lied about it, which is what Trump suggested. The best analogy I've seen is cops who manipulate the evidence to convict a suspect they "know" is guilty. Still bad...real bad...but not as bad.

Old 02-22-2016, 08:04 AM

3,874 posts, read 4,699,116 times
Default Atlanta Nov 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron H View Post
From what I've seen over there, the forum provides considerable anecdotal evidence for his claim.

Very likely.
You are quite correct in your observation on the state of the politics area of the forum.
It's really almost a hopeless situation there given that rumor & innuendo is repeatedly posted as the basis of thread topics or for member comments.
Often I just don't bother going there anymore or I merely quickly skim through the material. I mean, what's the point really with so many people largely relying on only 1 or 2 media sources for their info & then trusting those sources to be telling the truth and to be agenda-free.
From my travels, I've observed that voters in Georgia overall average out to be among the most highly gullible to rumor & innuendo that I have found anywhere in the 50 states. Seeing that it is not that way elsewhere in the U.S. does not make me proud to live in this state.

Old 02-22-2016, 08:38 AM
bu2

24,106 posts, read 14,891,132 times
Quote:
You are quite correct in your observation on the state of the politics area of the forum.
It's really almost a hopeless situation there given that rumor & innuendo is repeatedly posted as the basis of thread topics or for member comments.
Often I just don't bother going there anymore or I merely quickly skim through the material. I mean, what's the point really with so many people largely relying on only 1 or 2 media sources for their info & then trusting those sources to be telling the truth and to be agenda-free.
From my travels, I've observed that voters in Georgia overall average out to be among the most highly gullible to rumor & innuendo that I have found anywhere in the 50 states. Seeing that it is not that way elsewhere in the U.S. does not make me proud to live in this state.
What is any different about this thread except that maybe you agree with the posters more? And it should be in the political forum.

Old 02-22-2016, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
What is any different about this thread except that maybe you agree with the posters more? And it should be in the political forum.
Heh.

Suggestions That Hussain [sic] Did Have WMD Airlifted to Syria
King Obama Visiting Cuba and Meeting Raul Castro
Montanans Outraged at President's Plan to Smuggle in 10,000 Muslim Welfare Recipients
Scalia Found Dead With "Pillow Over Head"
Is Black Lives Matter What is Left of Obama's Civilian Security Army?

Just a few post titles, never mind the content over there. It's a fever swamp.

Old 02-22-2016, 09:08 AM

10,743 posts, read 13,390,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Because Georgia is a state full of racist, bigoted, uneducated idiots. Nothing to be proud of.
If that is the litmus test, then are you saying every state Trump wins is full of those same folks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta