Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 06:42 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,159,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
I don't like any of them from either parties. The whole American political system need to be revamp.
This would be a start:

Old 02-21-2016, 07:28 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,139,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jero23 View Post
See posts like this is why you should permanently be placed on ignore by the majority of posters with common sense...you ALWAYS giving gravitas to bullsh*t...
You haven't gotten used to his sarcasm yet? I think a lot of times, it's hilarious. He gives me absolutely no reason to put him on ignore....he makes the forum a lot more dynamic even if we don't agree sometimes.

Old 02-21-2016, 07:36 PM

16,701 posts, read 29,532,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
jero, you really need to read arjay's posts more frequently. He's one of the more thoughtful members in the forum and his sarcasm can actually be quite enlightening and thought provoking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
You haven't gotten used to his sarcasm yet? I think a lot of times, it's hilarious. He gives me absolutely no reason to put him on ignore....he makes the forum a lot more dynamic even if we don't agree sometimes.
Is there an ignore button on here???

Old 02-21-2016, 07:54 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,485,209 times
It will be Trump vs. Clinton.

I'm voting for Trump.

Old 02-21-2016, 09:50 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,265,185 times
Trump's average voter IQ is just barely enough where they put you in the regular school.

Old 02-21-2016, 10:14 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,959,994 times
I turned 18 in 1997. The first presidential campaign I was eligible to vote in was Bush/Gore 2000. I voted for Bush. In 2004, here came John Kerry. We had been attacked on 9/11, were at war in Iraq and Afghanistan, and I again voted for Bush to stay in office.

In 2008, We had a choice between Barack Obama and John McCain. The world was in turmoil, the Middle East was up in the air, the economy was tumbling from the housing crisis and global uncertainty, and I voted for John McCain. We lost of course.

In 2012, Mitt Romney ran against the president. He didn't really have anything new to say, I wasn't confident in his leadership ability, yet I voted for him. I really didn't know why. It was like I just followed the party lines that I didn't think I was a part of, yet I suppose it was just the culture around me. I voted Romney, and I didn't like it.

Now its 2016. The Middle East is the same, the economy still sucks, but I have thought about it a lot. I will vote in the primaries for Bernie Sanders. And I hope he wins it. We have lived under a corporate oligarchy for long enough, and have seen that they will get their way as long as we allow them to. It is time to reform campaign finance, it is time to make sure that every American has access to all forms of health care, starting at preventive, it is time we re-evaluate our military positions overseas, it is time we put college tuition into check, it is time we pay wages to American workers that keep them off of government dole, and it is high time that we go ahead and tax those that have benefited from our form of society at a rate that will benefit our society by having them here.

Old 02-22-2016, 06:49 AM

10,743 posts, read 13,390,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
It is time to reform campaign finance, it is time to make sure that every American has access to all forms of health care, starting at preventive, it is time we re-evaluate our military positions overseas, it is time we put college tuition into check, it is time we pay wages to American workers that keep them off of government dole, and it is high time that we go ahead and tax those that have benefited from our form of society at a rate that will benefit our society by having them here.
It will then be time that we discover an extra $20 trillion sitting around somewhere, I'm afraid. I, too, like Sanders' ideology, but on examination, it is simply unfeasible, I'm afraid.

Old 02-22-2016, 07:04 AM

1,164 posts, read 1,265,994 times
Clinton. But Sanders' ideology is probably the future of the Democratic Party, so I could easily see Hillary being the last (D) I vote for in a presidential election for a while. I'm hoping if they lose again the Republicans (at least the national party) will come back to the center-right or that we'll get some kind of proportional representation reforms that enable third parties to compete. I'm not sure which of these hopes is more unrealistic.

I'm not super-excited about Clinton. She's only a little to my left, but I don't give her high marks for character or managerial competence. Nevertheless, the rest of the field is so pathetic she's the clear choice.

Old 02-22-2016, 07:21 AM

1,189 posts, read 1,163,005 times
It'll be interesting to see who Mein Trumpf picks as his running mate, hopefully Sarah Louise!

Otherwise, still undecided at this point.

Old 02-22-2016, 07:26 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,641,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
I guess you are young. Trump is in the Republican primaries and if he's "sticking it" to anyone, it's other Republicans.

Liberals are thrilled with it.
agreed. He is the only Republican to speak the truth about the invasion of Iraq under false pretenses, and the false narrative of Bush keeping America safe. I was in lower Manhattan on 9/11 and I did not feel safe that day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta