Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 06:07 PM

139 posts, read 127,840 times

Advertisements

Nothing but good news on this threads which is great. But let's talk in constructive ways about the negatives. In this case CRIME.

Lately is been and is getting out of hand. I don't see no one emphasising things that needs to be done. Guns seem to be out there in the streets in the wrong hands for example and no policy about it. Not to say the guns are the sole culprits but do certainly play a role.

Is hard to look at crime stats and rates since everything is divided by towns that in 2 steps you cross into the next one. But as a whole the metro area seems to be certainly getting out of hand.

Till when are we going to ignore the trend? Till we become Baltimore?

EXCLUSIVE: Atlanta Homicides Tracker details cases of 46 victims
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2017, 06:13 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,922,364 times
I am not seeing any evidence of "skyrocketing".

Old 08-14-2017, 06:29 PM

1,497 posts, read 1,534,551 times
But isn't the crime mostly concentrated in certain slum areas where most sane people would not venture into?

Old 08-14-2017, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
I am not seeing any evidence of "skyrocketing".
Yet you bringing 2010 stats smh. Im expecting a roast trust me I know. Because many here just want to hear about the pretty little things in the city. But can you at least make a good argument?

Do you understand like I'VE STATED how stats can't be confined only to city limits?

Old 08-14-2017, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUGnative View Post
But isn't the crime mostly concentrated in certain slum areas where most sane people would not venture into?
Actually you do have a point. To an extent we could say that about some of the numbers.

Lol but don't tell nobody in Atlanta that there's anything in this city that can be called a slum! They'll roast you more than me!

Last edited by InternationalWaves; 08-14-2017 at 06:45 PM..

Old 08-14-2017, 06:34 PM

628 posts, read 697,646 times
Quote:

Crime is everywhere!
Crooks take advantage of everyone! What are they going to get in the slums?

Old 08-14-2017, 06:49 PM

198 posts, read 154,713 times
Quote:

I'm not joking when I say Buckhead has gotten noticeably less safe. I think it's all of the new apartments in the area, which seem desperate for tenants and willing to rent to anyone with a pulse. I also see a lot of Airbnb's in these buildings renting for $120-$150 a night that wind up as party pads for wannabe rappers and "ladies of the night." I wouldn't have a problem with either group if they weren't such un-self-aware, inconsiderate pieces of sh*t.

Old 08-14-2017, 06:52 PM

821 posts, read 731,590 times
Another reason why gentrification is an amazing thing.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:05 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,972,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1404 View Post
I'm not joking when I say Buckhead has gotten noticeably less safe. I think it's all of the new apartments in the area, which seem desperate for tenants and willing to rent to anyone with a pulse. I also see a lot of Airbnb's in these buildings renting for $120-$150 a night that wind up as party pads for wannabe rappers and "ladies of the night." I wouldn't have a problem with either group if they weren't such un-self-aware, inconsiderate pieces of sh*t.
Today I learned you can Airbnb an apartment........

But, no seriously, there doesn't seem to be TOO much of an increase crime and I work very closely with it.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alco89 View Post
Today I learned you can Airbnb an apartment........

But, no seriously, there doesn't seem to be TOO much of an increase crime and I work very closely with it.
Atlanta crime rate: Murders up, crime down in Atlanta

Might not be "too much" but is substantial! Plus again crime in DeKalb and nearby areas should almost count as the city general stats since it affect the immediate "area" as a whole!
Btw crime besides murders did improve in city limits according to this. Also the murders in the city according to another report(not sure outside of it) have a higher rate of clearance than many cities out there in despair and that's actually very positive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta