Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 02:26 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,791,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
Top 10-15

Just look at how its pass neighboring cities malls. Haywood mall in Greenville, and Columbiana in Columbia.
I disagree. Haywood Mall has Pottery Barn, Macy's, Banana Republic, Coach, Aerie, Borders, Aldo, Bare Escentuals, J. Crew, etc. Look at the list: Simon.com - Mall Directory 1,250,000 square feet. Largest mall in South Carolina. Augusta Mall is nice but it is not better than Haywood Mall in my opinion. Heck, we've had White House Black Market in Greenville since 1995. You guys are just now finally getting one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 02:41 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,508 posts, read 15,101,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
I disagree. Haywood Mall has Pottery Barn, Macy's, Banana Republic, Coach, Aerie, Borders, Aldo, Bare Escentuals, J. Crew, etc. Look at the list: Simon.com - Mall Directory 1,250,000 square feet. Largest mall in South Carolina.Augusta Mall is nice but it is not better than Haywood Mall in my opinion. Heck, we've had White House Black Market in Greenville since 1995. You guys are just now finally getting one.
Augusta mall has Aerie, Aldo, Banana Republic, Barnes and Noble, Buckle, Coach, Jared the galleria of jewelry, PF changs, Chop House, Sephora etc.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:13 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,791,036 times
I know that, but you said Augusta Mall was better than Haywood Mall when it's not. They seem to be both about the same to me. That new outdoor lifestyle component at Augusta Mall is pretty awesome though.

Old 10-24-2008, 02:36 PM

16 posts, read 44,204 times
Yeah the Augusta Mall is great. I have been here since September 2008. I visited the mall once since living here and once before moving here on a doctors visit and like that it has 2 levels and is a nice size. However I do think that the Regency Mall should be redeveloped. Anyone know about the plans for that old shopping mall????

Old 10-24-2008, 10:38 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,299,418 times
I guess if someone is from a small local town or isn't a seasoned shopper, Augusta Mall would seem incredible. It certainly has better stores than when I lived there in 2001. But to put it on the same level as Houston's Galleria or Lenox in Atlanta?? Please! Top 10 in GA & SC- yeah. That's about it!

I wouldn't even rank it above Columbiana in Columbia. No Cache, Bebe, Arden B- the Dillards in Cola sells much better items than Augusta. Then again if one's wardrobe consists of crocs and comfy sweats of all colors, then yes Augusta Mall might as well be South Coast Plaza.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:48 PM

22 posts, read 103,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post
I guess if someone is from a small local town or isn't a seasoned shopper, Augusta Mall would seem incredible. It certainly has better stores than when I lived there in 2001. But to put it on the same level as Houston's Galleria or Lenox in Atlanta?? Please! Top 10 in GA & SC- yeah. That's about it!

I wouldn't even rank it above Columbiana in Columbia. No Cache, Bebe, Arden B- the Dillards in Cola sells much better items than Augusta. Then again if one's wardrobe consists of crocs and comfy sweats of all colors, then yes Augusta Mall might as well be South Coast Plaza.
Augusta Mall has Cache. It is inside the existing mall. Several other stores that you mentioned are in the works but have not build yet. When the economy picks back up i expect to see the stores you mentioned along with Apple, Cheesecake Factory (which was initially was to locate beside P.F. Changs), and other upscale stores locate here in Augusta.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:40 AM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,508 posts, read 15,101,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post

I don't think you have been to the mall since 2001 either. The mall now attaches to a open air lifestyle center. Augusta mall has several stores that Columbiana doesn't have. Sephora, Aerie, Jared the Galleria of Jewlery, Aldo etc. Augusta mall also has resturants pf changs, and chop house which Columbiana doesn't have either.

Last edited by nortonguy; 10-25-2008 at 08:50 AM..

Old 10-25-2008, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HephBlythe View Post
Augusta Mall has Cache. It is inside the existing mall. Several other stores that you mentioned are in the works but have not build yet. When the economy picks back up i expect to see the stores you mentioned along with Apple, Cheesecake Factory (which was initially was to locate beside P.F. Changs), and other upscale stores locate here in Augusta.
When those stores finally open up, then it will be a better mall. It certainly gets better every year, but I don't think it is qualified to be mentioned among the best malls in the country like the OP stated. It doesn't even have 1 major upscale department store. Those other cities have at least 3.

Old 10-25-2008, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
I don't think you have been to the mall since 2001 either. The mall now attaches to a open air lifestyle center. Augusta mall has several stores that Columbiana doesn't have. Sephora, Aerie, Jared the Galleria of Jewlery, Aldo etc. Augusta mall also has resturants pf changs, and chop house which Columbiana doesn't have either.

I have, but honestly I just ran in and out. I didn't notice Sephora, which is certainly a step up. I doubt Columbiana would add a Sephora soon seeing as there is already an Ulta in Columbia.

Old 10-26-2008, 11:38 AM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,176,740 times
The person clearly said they were not just talking about the stores it has but the look too, and it is one of the best looking malls in the southeast especially that lifestyle wing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area