Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2020, 03:00 PM

12,946 posts, read 13,330,473 times

Advertisements

Austin97 is correct about the “hoax” Propaganda story. The continued media characterization of what he actually said is a disgrace to the journalism profession.
Of course DJT says enough outrageous stuff on his own that they shouldn’t have to make up fiction.

Anyway, good luck N4Camaro...... this town is one of the best places you can be to find your line of work, pandemic/recession notwithstanding.

My nephew’s wife is fixin’ to retire from IBM later this year. She was the leader of the team that helped develop their Watson AI program.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2020, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin97 View Post
seriously you literally just parrot CNN talking points. Even politifact and snopes (that are already liberal) say that trump did NOT call coronavirus a hoax.

At the time there was barely any coronavirus impact and dems were attacking trump for it. He was calling the democrat attacks the next hoax.

The 2nd amendment infringements are an issue. For example in california they have shut down gun stores as "non essential", but marijuana (still illegal at the federal level) is considered to be essential.

California has their priorities bass ackwards with their infringement of the 2nd. They should be run out of office with their false platitudes.
The weed? Maybe the constituents need it to put up with their politicians’ stupidity.

Old 04-20-2020, 03:34 PM

11,779 posts, read 7,992,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Austin97 is correct about the “hoax” Propaganda story. The continued media characterization of what he actually said is a disgrace to the journalism profession.
Of course DJT says enough outrageous stuff on his own that they shouldn’t have to make up fiction.

Anyway, good luck N4Camaro...... this town is one of the best places you can be to find your line of work, pandemic/recession notwithstanding.

My nephew’s wife is fixin’ to retire from IBM later this year. She was the leader of the team that helped develop their Watson AI program.
Small world. I was within the Watson lab.

Old 04-20-2020, 07:02 PM

3,787 posts, read 6,997,814 times
Yes, we can analyze what trump says ad infinitum since he has been in office and we can all agree when he says something he really didn't say what he said or he really didn't mean what he said, or we're "twisting" it, and journalists are a disgrace, and it's the second amendment and they* are going to come and take all your guns, and, and, and..
Ugh, I see Austin97 you are very interested in what I say. You must be very bored.

*whoever "they" are

Old 04-21-2020, 05:56 AM

Well, “they”certainly have curtailed some basic freedoms, haven’t “they”?

Old 04-21-2020, 07:06 AM

8,009 posts, read 10,420,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Luck may be turning around for me, hopefully.. I have a few remote work job leads that may turn into something.
Good luck! I had two interviews for a job and just heard yesterday that they want to do a third. Fingers crossed!

Old 04-21-2020, 07:55 AM

3,787 posts, read 6,997,814 times
Quote:
Well, “they”certainly have curtailed some basic freedoms, haven’t “they”?

I have the same freedom I had before this started. Are there police stopping me from going into the grocery store and coughing all over everyone and everything? Nope. From the looks of it people still have the freedom to do as they please, corona virus or not. The choice to go out in crowds knowing the whole time they could be asymptomatic is exercising their freedom of choice, (I guess). You still have the right to infect. YAY for our freedoms! It's all so bazaar. Just remember when you're out in the parks today to practice social distancing, (while your panting and running and spraying everyone you go by with your spittle). What a joke. What part of this don't people understand when the top doctor says, "this virus is highly contagious".

It's like the comment I read from someone in regards to opening the beaches...they said, "people are dying to get to the beach". If it wasn't so tragic it would be laughable.

Old 04-21-2020, 08:33 AM

Heh, one of my buddies who lives by a private club golf course (now ordered closed) in a Detroit suburb got cabin fever, so he snuck out early Saturday morning to drive a few golf balls and do some putting practice right behind his house.
He said about 15 minutes into it he heard a helicopter approaching, so he ran into a grove of trees. Sure enough, it was the local police chopper looking for scofflaw criminals like him.

Old 04-21-2020, 08:36 AM

15,268 posts, read 35,622,212 times
Quote:
Heh, one of my buddies who lives by a private club golf course (now ordered closed) in a Detroit suburb got cabin fever, so he snuck out early Saturday morning to drive a few golf balls and do some putting practice right behind his house.
He said about 15 minutes into it he heard a helicopter approaching, so he ran into a grove of trees. Sure enough, it was the local police chopper looking for scofflaw criminals like him.
My in-laws can still play golf (out near Wimberley), but the flags are removed from the greens, the rakes are removed from the traps, and the holes are filled with a 'foam' so that the ball is easily accessible without touching the sides of the hole. Of course, you are not going to hit a hard shot and get it to stay .

Old 04-21-2020, 08:43 AM

Can’t wait to hear about a toddler being arrested for getting on a swing at the neighborhood park. Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin