Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 10:44 AM

451 posts, read 562,307 times

Advertisements

I think it’s about damn time this thread got started this year. Especially considering the fact that we have one of the most, if not the most, loyal fan base in baseball.
Especially now, a few days after the brawl in San Diego leaving Greinke out for 4-6 weeks with a fractured collar bone.

My observations on this.
It sucks to see Greinke on the DL so early in the season. Especially considering the fact that it looked like he was on a start to a great year. He and Kershaw as our 1-2 would be, and will be phenomenal.
But I think the media may be blowing the impact of this injury waaay out of proportion. In fact, it could be argued that it may be a blessing in disguise if we remain in the playoff chase throughout the time he is on the DL. The fractured collar bone is on his opposite shoulder. This 4-6 weeks will be treated almost as rest time so when he comes back he will be fresh. Of course you have to consider the fact that this period of time could be used for him to establish himself and his game in the rotation. We’ll see.

I think our bats are now starting to get it together, but there is still a lot of work to do. I hope this doesn’t turn out to be a terrible year for Kemp. We are badly missing Hanley Ramirez in my opinion. I think he was one of the crucial players that brought together our lineup last year and thought that Kemp was playing a lot better when Ramirez was batting behind him. Will be great when Ramirez actually comes back and starts putting in work.

Crawford has been a great addition to our club and I can see him performing well in the playoffs.

I think we need to let go of Cruz. Thank god the new ownership is not shy about spending the big bucks, and would like to see us pick someone big in his place.

The renovations to Dodger stadium have been awesome. The ballpark feels and looks like everything was done for the fans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 12:27 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
Long time Dodger fan here. Went to my first game at Dodger Stadium around 1970. I used to go a lot in the 1980s when it was cheap and I only had to pay for me. Now I have a family of six and going to a game is too expensive. We live a lot closer to the Angels too.

I went to high school with Vin Scully's late son Mike.

Biggest disappointment was the stadium looking so commercialized. Back in the 1970s and 1980s there were only two 76 balls on the scoreboards and two on the infield scoreboards. That's it.

Last edited by Charles; 04-15-2013 at 12:39 PM..

Old 04-15-2013, 12:37 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,862,536 times
I've been a Dodgers fan since the 1950's, and will always be a Dodgers fan. It's a treat to still hear Vin Scully call the games on tv, that alone is worth the MLB subscription.

With all the money they spent this year I sure hope they can get a World Series win. Love the "new" Dodgers spirit.

Old 04-16-2013, 03:32 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,688,884 times
Dodgers fan here. Vin Scully is one of a kind.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:57 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
Capuano, replacing Zack Greinke, who was replacing Capuano leaves the game with injury.

He's replaced by Matt Gurrier

Old 04-16-2013, 09:57 PM

451 posts, read 562,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Long time Dodger fan here. Went to my first game at Dodger Stadium around 1970. I used to go a lot in the 1980s when it was cheap and I only had to pay for me. Now I have a family of six and going to a game is too expensive. We live a lot closer to the Angels too.

I went to high school with Vin Scully's late son Mike.

Biggest disappointment was the stadium looking so commercialized. Back in the 1970s and 1980s there were only two 76 balls on the scoreboards and two on the infield scoreboards. That's it.
I think it was inevitable that the stadium would get these kind of upgrades. I understand the mentality of keeping it in tact but the new scoreboards have really brightened up the place.

Billingsley didn't have too good of a night last night. Was hoping he'd step up.
Looks like our rotation may be starting to feel some pain. At least with Thursday and Monday off, we don't have to see this spot in the rotation come up until April 27.
Our bats really have to start stepping it up.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:15 PM

Brandon League, Dodger's Closer, hasn't been good this year.

He's got 11 saves and 3 blown saves.

He's allowing over 6 runs per 9 innings. He's only K'd 9 of 84 hitters. His Win Probability on the season is negative.

But he got a win today. After getting a blown save.

Just 2 and 2/3 years left on his contract.

Mattingly even used his bullpen correctly, sort of.

Kershaw started and pitched 7 strong innings. In the 8th he got in trouble and put on a couple of runners. The leverage index at that point was 3.01 with the Rockeis' 4-5-6 hitters coming up. Mattingly brought in the Dodgers' best reliever, Kenley Jansen. Jansen got out of the 8th without giving up more runs.

Then Mattingly went to League for the save. The leverage index was down to 2.34 and the Rockies had the bottom of their order coming up. Rockies tie the game.

The Dodgers should probably bump League from high-leverage situations and go with Jansen and Belasario - who got the save today.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:27 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,106,504 times
When are we going to see Sanchez?

Old 05-31-2013, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
When are we going to see Sanchez?
He hasn't appeared in a minor league game as far as I know...

Old 05-31-2013, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
He hasn't appeared in a minor league game as far as I know...
Did some research (asked people who might know) and he's at extended spring training.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball