Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 10:14 AM

364 posts, read 717,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
It wouldn't be as easy as you describe, at all. But I agree that it would not mean insta-title. I hope they sign Bosh (the bulls), LBJ stays put and they add some streaky role player shooter like JJ Reddick.

I actually think they would be better off as a team not signing LeBron and just signing Bosh. I think sometimes to much of a good thing is bad. Not to mention but even though D Rose is a PG, he plays just like a smaller version of LeBron IMO, having them on the same team makes no sense to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2010, 11:18 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,804,115 times
James stays in Cleveland (much to this Nets fan's chagrin). Byron Scott as coach of Cavaliers is absolutely monumental, when he was just recently announced, my gut tells me this charade is a fait accompli.

Wade stays in Miami, to no one's surprise.

Bosh is going to go via a sign and trade to either Chicago or Miami.

Amare Stoudemire goes to Miami, if Bosh goes to Chicago.

That leaves the Nets and Knicks going after the second tier guys, Carlos Boozer figuring most prominently among them, with Rudy Gay second. David Lee either stays a Knick or goes to the Nets.

The big deal on the horizon is most likely Chris Paul. George Shinn is a lame duck owner, much like Bruce Ratner was. He is going to dump salary. Whoever gets Paul back in a trade is going to make the biggest offseason splash.

One other note: Joe Johnson getting 119M from Atlanta is nothing short of outrageous. Honorable mention is Drew Gooden getting 32M. The NBA is slowly going mad.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:23 AM

364 posts, read 717,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post

One other note: Joe Johnson getting 119M from Atlanta is nothing short of outrageous. Honorable mention is Drew Gooden getting 32M. The NBA is slowly going mad.
Yeal tell me about it....
I was literally sick to my stomach when I heard that ASG was gonna offer Joe max or slightly under max. Joe needs to go, he is not a team leader, he was absent in the playoffs, and he lacks killer instinct. If I had my way I would do a S&T on Joe and package him with Josh Smith and try and see if Denver would be willing to take that for 'Melo......

Old 07-01-2010, 12:26 PM

1,191 posts, read 1,585,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone2flyboy View Post
Yeal tell me about it....
I was literally sick to my stomach when I heard that ASG was gonna offer Joe max or slightly under max. Joe needs to go, he is not a team leader, he was absent in the playoffs, and he lacks killer instinct. If I had my way I would do a S&T on Joe and package him with Josh Smith and try and see if Denver would be willing to take that for 'Melo......
And next season we may watch the league lockout for the entire year because the owners will be crying broke. There is no way Johnson should have gotten that kind of deal. I am just waiting on some idiotic team (probably the Knicks) to give Stoudamire a max deal. And
$30 million for Drew Gooden? Really? You can't complain that the players are taking too much of the cake, but then throw max contracts around like its party time. And the Timberwolves, wow! That is pure luncy!

Okay, I'm done with the FA rant for now.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:44 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,181,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Big man with a (formerly) big game: Fox Sports reports that Dallas, Miami and Cleveland are in talks about a three-way sign and trade that would send Shaq to Dallas.

Sounds like Mark Cuban will take any big name.
Correction:

"Mavs sources insist there is 'no chance' he moves in sign-and-trade for Shaq," Mark Stein reports.

Old 07-01-2010, 02:12 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,480,204 times
From twitter (this is a joke)

" Apple is set to unveil the new LeBron James iPhone. It works like their other phones except it has no ring "

Ouch!!

Old 07-02-2010, 04:26 PM
JL JL started this thread

8,522 posts, read 14,539,581 times
Looks like the Knicks got Stoudemire. That only leaves Lebron and Bosh left. Also, Blake is signing with the Lakers.

Old 07-02-2010, 04:30 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,490,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Looks like the Knicks got Stoudemire. .
Link?

Old 07-02-2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Link?
Knicks near deal with Stoudemire - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

Old 07-02-2010, 05:32 PM

Wade favoring Bulls?

2010 Free Agents: Source says Dwayne Wade leaning toward Chicago Bulls commitment - ESPN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball