Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 01:54 PM

78,352 posts, read 60,547,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
or shoot yourself
Heh. good one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 10:06 PM

3,022 posts, read 2,272,937 times
The really tall guy. I know you should not like someone for being tall especially at basketball but very rarely in pick up games will you find tall players so when you are playing against players who are 6 4 or taller they can just throw the ball inside to him and he can just shoot over anyone and he can just grab a bunch of offensive rebounds it is really unfair.

The person who takes the game way to seriously. He will yell at you if you miss a shot or make a turnover. It is just a pick up game this is not the NBA it does not matter in the long run what happens in this game.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:17 AM

10,106 posts, read 9,956,241 times
1. The guy that would rather turn the ball over than to get his shot blocked. He's the one that rather look good and lose than look bad and win.

2. The fake Iverson's. The people that will stand at the top of the key all day , dribbling the ball with the silly smirk on his face until you decide to reach for the ball so he can show you his handles. And you dont reach to steal the ball, you do it so he will make a move and not just stand there dribbling in the one spot.

3. The dude that gets mad when his team loses, so he decide to the basketball over the fence. The owner of the ball won't say anything to him because he's pissed, so they go get the ball their self. Personally, if anybody kicks my ball and does NOT attemp to get it, it's mandatory that we throw hands.

4. The "Pretender": this is the guy that with Under Armour everything, comes to the court wearing Addidas flip-flops, nike knap sack, Head bands, officail NBA socks, a jersey from whatever Rec league he's playing for, the protective sleeve....etc. He gets out on the court and can't shoot, can't drive to the rim, his lay-up percentage is around fifty, he only wants to play with certain people. ,...lol

BTW im 27 and i LOVE basketball...

Old 02-28-2012, 08:52 AM

170 posts, read 634,715 times
LOL....I think I am close to a "perimeter softy". I used to drive back in the day but I noticed the older I got, the more threes I shot. I guess it is wear and tear on the knees for me...

BTW...I can shoot though so if you leave me open it 's going to fly. Matter of fact if you dont leave me open it's going to fly!!!

Old 02-28-2012, 08:53 AM

170 posts, read 634,715 times
I play at lunch everyday amd I think you guys named just about every guy that shows up to play.....Too Funny!

Old 03-05-2012, 02:33 AM

122 posts, read 202,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1984 View Post
The really tall guy. I know you should not like someone for being tall especially at basketball but very rarely in pick up games will you find tall players so when you are playing against players who are 6 4 or taller they can just throw the ball inside to him and he can just shoot over anyone and he can just grab a bunch of offensive rebounds it is really unfair.

The person who takes the game way to seriously. He will yell at you if you miss a shot or make a turnover. It is just a pick up game this is not the NBA it does not matter in the long run what happens in this game.
i hate being the really tall guy . when i was younger my jumper was on point and my ball handling skills were sharpe. by high school i had out grew everyone and from that day forward, whenever i stepped on a basketball court, the first thing i heard was, "yo, big man. get in the middle and grab rebounds."

Old 03-06-2012, 10:50 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,486,389 times
The Steve Nash wanna be that tries to constantly make the pass in the smallest passing lane possible, usually resulting in a turnover.

The guy who throws me an alley-oop instead of a normal pass on a break. Um, yeah, I'm a 5'11" white guy, Im not going to do much with an alley-oop besides come down with the ball then make my layup.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:59 AM

5,163 posts, read 3,654,933 times
I know it is kind of unfair to say, but I will nominate, "the Dirk". He is the 6'4" and above guy that is easily the tallest one on the floor, but insists on shooting 3 pointers; 3 pointers that he doesnt make.

Now, I know if he was playing D1 or semi-pro, Dirk would probably be a guard. But if he is over 30, it aint going to happen...

There is nothing worse than having that size advantage and losing the game because he never rebounded and allow us to use our advantage. I dont mind if "Dirk" wants to take a couple of jumpers, but the whole game? Of course, after we lose, "Dirk" gets picked up again because he's tall!

Old 03-08-2012, 11:16 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,486,389 times
How about the guy that is obsessed with taking charges. Really? In a pick up game?

Or the guy who calls hand check fouls.

Or the guy that brings his gf to watch his pickup game (ok I was guilty of that in my younger days)

Old 03-08-2012, 12:27 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,654,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
How about the guy that is obsessed with taking charges. Really? In a pick up game?

Or the guy who calls hand check fouls.

Or the guy that brings his gf to watch his pickup game (ok I was guilty of that in my younger days)

Haha...who isnt?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball