Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 04:56 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,138,090 times

Advertisements

I would look for a team that needs a starting center and on the verge of it all. I'd also pick a team where the players get along and support each other. My Warriors would be the type of team he should be going towards. Other teams that would fit him well would be Denver or Milwaukee. How about the Thunder?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 05:11 PM

4,154 posts, read 4,170,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Dwight should go to the Rockets!
No. Rocket is fine with Asik. The chemistry is there.

With Howards, the team will be broken. He is a cry baby and needs to go to the Nets. The duels with D Wills will be perfect. Just cry all the way.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:44 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,528,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Word is Kobe made some comments to Dwight after the New years game which caused Dwight to have to be restrained by teamates.
yeah...they almost beat the crap out of each other as well as DAntoni too...

Old 01-08-2013, 08:49 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
so howard is out indefinitely with a torn labrum and pau is out the same with a concussion. looks like kobe to the rescue and more loses in the mean time.
It's funny because in the other thread the Laker fans are already trashing Dwight left and right as being the problem.

Let's call Dwight sitting out a little "wake-up" for some of the fans out there that think they don't need him.

They are sitting 3.5games out of the playoffs. If he is out a couple weeks we might be witnessing the lakers digging themselves too far into a hole to recover and make the playoffs. The west is tough, trying to gain 7-8 games in 1/2 a season is probably impossible even for a fully healthy Lakers team.

I sense a lot of ugliness coming.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:51 AM

I think if Dwight wants a championship....the Clippers are probably the best available option out there right now.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:07 AM

3,004 posts, read 6,271,240 times
This is their hardest part of the season coming up. Yes I will be very surprised if they win a game in the next 8.

However it gets easier, and their last 25 games after the break are (or at least seem to be) much like the first half: Extremely winnable.

And Math, to respond to your point about rebuilding, they certainly are. In the past two years they've had 3 (counting Bernie) coaches, and of course added Nash and Dwight. But they also (starting last year) gutted their bench. They got rid of Fisher, Goudelock, then Sessions, added Hill, got rid of Barnes, Eyenga, McRoberts, Murphy, Kapono, Walton (again for Sessions). Now they released DJO and are starting Sacre who was brought up from the D-League!

Then starting 3rd and 4th string PGs Morris and Duhon, because Nash and Blake were out (not that Blake was an all star) but the entire team is different.

So the only constants were Pau, MWP and Kobe. Morris who didn't play much last year and Blake. You add Dwight and Nash and expect to win a championship?

Look, I like Dwight and can make excuses for the team because I'm a fan. Should they have a better record, probably. Have they had a few obstacles. Yes.

I think Dwight is an asset and think Mitch knows this wholeheartedly. If that means getting rid of Pau, or whoever to gain some more speed to compete in the West then that's what's going to happen.

And like in my first post, that's what Dwight has to realize. Not only is he going to have to change, but the Lakers will have to too.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:02 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,082,871 times
imo the lakers have not yet started rebuilding, changing parts yes but a rebuild IMO is fire sale drop everyone and go for a whole new team. bringing in a few pieces here and there, role players and such isnt a rebuild. IMO the change on bynum for howard isnt much of a change so i call a wash, but nash isnt at this point better then the PGs they had last year of 2, so again a wash. artest, pau and kobe are still their "core" so to speak.

i mean its like saying the spurs have been rebuilding for 10-12 years now because they have interchangeable parts. it wasnt a rebuild when robinson retired, it wasnt a rebuild when they dropped half their bench for jefferson. retool is not rebuild imo.

when the lakers dont resign kobe or he retires and they start building with a nearly new team from the ground up thats a rebuild imo.

Old 01-08-2013, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harhar View Post
This is their hardest part of the season coming up. Yes I will be very surprised if they win a game in the next 8.

However it gets easier, and their last 25 games after the break are (or at least seem to be) much like the first half: Extremely winnable.

And Math, to respond to your point about rebuilding, they certainly are. In the past two years they've had 3 (counting Bernie) coaches, and of course added Nash and Dwight. But they also (starting last year) gutted their bench. They got rid of Fisher, Goudelock, then Sessions, added Hill, got rid of Barnes, Eyenga, McRoberts, Murphy, Kapono, Walton (again for Sessions). Now they released DJO and are starting Sacre who was brought up from the D-League!

Then starting 3rd and 4th string PGs Morris and Duhon, because Nash and Blake were out (not that Blake was an all star) but the entire team is different.

So the only constants were Pau, MWP and Kobe. Morris who didn't play much last year and Blake. You add Dwight and Nash and expect to win a championship?

Look, I like Dwight and can make excuses for the team because I'm a fan. Should they have a better record, probably. Have they had a few obstacles. Yes.

I think Dwight is an asset and think Mitch knows this wholeheartedly. If that means getting rid of Pau, or whoever to gain some more speed to compete in the West then that's what's going to happen.

And like in my first post, that's what Dwight has to realize. Not only is he going to have to change, but the Lakers will have to too.
You make a number of excellent points but there was widespread belief that the Lakers were going to be in the finals or win it all this year and I can't square that with rebuilding.

Lakers become championship favorites by acquiring Dwight Howard - Los Angeles Times

Dwight Howard Lakers trade should make Los Angeles vs. Miami Finals a reality - NBA - Sporting News

From the Dwight Howard traded to the NBA thread (it's locked now) here are some comments, mostly from regular posters. Maybe they were just amped up over the trade (understandable) CLEARLY a lot of people didn't consider this a rebuild.

Quote:
This is good for the NBA. Kobe might catch Jordan with 6 rings.
Quote:
I feel that this will make the Lakes at least the third best team in the NBA.
Quote:
The Lakers could've beat OKC this year, and now they've added Nash, Jamison, and swapped Bynum out for Howard.
Quote:
I agree, with this team they have now they are the best team in the NBA on paper and should be favored to win the west. I thought it was a joke this morning that jon barry said that OKC is still a better team?
Quote:
Lakers vs Heat in the finals...

Old 01-08-2013, 02:06 PM

32,087 posts, read 34,676,186 times
What about Brooklyn? That's the trade he really wanted, right, but the Magic refused. If his deal is only for a year, then why not sign there?

Old 01-08-2013, 02:07 PM

32,087 posts, read 34,676,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
yeah...they almost beat the crap out of each other as well as DAntoni too...

I didn't know they both fought southpaw. That or they're JKD fighters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball