Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: 2013 NBA Champ
Miami Heat 19 26.39%
San Antonio Spurs 53 73.61%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 09:05 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,032,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Yes, my Heat did it!

3-peat anyone?

I don't see a three-peat unless they make some big changes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2013, 08:49 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,719,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
So who would be capable of beating the Heat next year?

Certainly not the Thunder?

Old 06-22-2013, 11:51 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,124,091 times
Quote:
So who would be capable of beating the Heat next year?

Certainly not the Thunder?
Somebody will emerge and it could be OKC, sure why not.

Old 06-23-2013, 12:20 AM

8,632 posts, read 13,005,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Huh? Neither the city nor the fanbase took championships for granted. Please.
Unlike the Miami Heat, the Spurs never experienced losing an NBA Finals championship. I just personally feel that the team and the fanbase needed some humble pie. Although the fans were loyal, they were very arrogant by thinking the Spurs could never lose in the NBA Finals. I'm sorry if your a Spurs fan but that lost needed to happen for the greater good of the franchise in the future.

Old 06-23-2013, 03:34 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,708,808 times
Quote:
Yes, my Heat did it!

3-peat anyone?
'My Heat'? The Lakers and Rockets not doing it for you anymore?

Last edited by Roman77; 06-23-2013 at 03:43 AM..

Old 06-23-2013, 11:07 AM

4,836 posts, read 12,012,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
Yea a team that just won two championships in a row needs "big changes" they added Birdman and Allen last year. Batteir th year before. I expect some type of move like that. Nothing huge but enough to change it up.

In Riley We Trust!

Old 06-23-2013, 11:39 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
Yea a team that just won two championships in a row needs "big changes" they added Birdman and Allen last year. Batteir th year before. I expect some type of move like that. Nothing huge but enough to change it up.

In Riley We Trust!

Chalmers is too damm inconsistent for me

Old 06-23-2013, 11:59 AM

2,198 posts, read 2,735,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post

In Riley We Trust!
I don't know that they need "big" changes but they can't stand still. They were fortunate that two of the best teams, Chicago and OKC were hurt by injuries, and very fortunate to escape game 6.

The Heat are one of the oldest teams in the league. Older than the Spurs. They need to get younger and shore up the point guard and center positions.

Old 06-23-2013, 05:19 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,487,964 times
Chicago, ok. OKC? No, I don't think so. The Heat would very handily beat OKC, with or without Harden and Westbrook. No disrespect to OKC..the organization that they have in place is excellent, without a doubt. But if they appeared in the finals this year, they probably would have been out in 6 games instead of five.

Call me a homer, but I think the Spurs would have defeated OKC this year with Westbrook in probably 6 games. They were on fire and this was their time to rise out of the west. They learned their lesson from last year and OKC wasn't easily dispatching Houston before the Westbrook injury. I would much rather have a Heat-Spurs rematch vs. Heat-OKC. Better fight, by far. The Heat made it a point to agree.

As for a three peat? I don't know about that, even if you have a superteam. I know the dogfight win against the Spurs feels good, I get that. But look at things objectively...the Heat were very exposed in this series and basically escaped in Game 6. The Heat are really top heavy, and you really can't count on Wario as the pg all of the time. Bosh really shouldn't be a center..he's far more of a finesse player than a bump n grind post player. The Heat do have a good sixth man, however.

Old 06-23-2013, 05:20 PM
FBJ

The Heat needs to improve their bench which is why Lebron and wade had to work so much harder
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball