Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 12:48 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,656,423 times

Advertisements

That's about what was expected, but not sure if they can force a sale...that would be unprecedented. As of now, they're making it uncomfortable for him to own the team, but he could always exact revenge by having a fire sale and making them the dregs of the league again.

Old 04-29-2014, 12:51 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,941,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
If anyone supports that guy now they supported him from the beginning.
I didn't know his name 3 days ago - the case interested me because it seemed like he was being unfairly singled out.

And I wonder if we now prepare for years in the courtroom - the guy is a lawyer with billions of dollars.

Perhaps Sterling installs a personal camera at courtside so he can watch from "courtside" while being in the comfort of his home.

Nevertheless, I hope he goes after the NBA in any way he can.

Old 04-29-2014, 12:56 PM

2,369 posts, read 2,913,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
I didn't know his name 3 days ago - the case interested me because it seemed like he was being unfairly singled out.

not really. he's done things outside of the nba that proves his stance on folks over and over in LA.

Old 04-29-2014, 01:00 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,852,035 times
Banned for life from the nba

Old 04-29-2014, 01:01 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,069,811 times
Quote:

And I wonder if we now prepare for years in the courtroom - the guy is a lawyer with billions of dollars.

Perhaps Sterling installs a personal camera at courtside so he can watch from "courtside" while being in the comfort of his home.

Nevertheless, I hope he goes after the NBA in any way he can.
he can't, NBA Constitution/By-laws allow for mediation but no law suit, that's what he has already agreed to...har, har

Old 04-29-2014, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarqCider View Post
not really. he's done things outside of the nba that proves his stance on folks over and over in LA.
I didn't know his history and frankly I don't see why the past mattered. The NBA and players had no problem taking his money until this blew up in the media. Going back to what someone did 5, 10, 15 or 30 years ago and using it as a basis for punishment because of media pressure - that is the definition of hypocrisy. NBA = hypocrites.

Old 04-29-2014, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
he can't, NBA Constitution/By-laws allow for mediation but no law suit, that's what he has already agreed to...har, har
Better go with the personal camera then. I'm sure a man with his money will find a way to be involved without being involved.

Old 04-29-2014, 01:06 PM

2,369 posts, read 2,913,886 times
Quote:
I didn't know his history and frankly I don't see why the past mattered. The NBA and players had no problem taking his money until this blew up in the media. Going back to what someone did 5, 10, 15 or 30 years ago and using it as a basis for punishment because of media pressure - that is the definition of hypocrisy. NBA = hypocrites.

the past doesn't matter? im pretty sure only higher ups knew about his ordeal and he was sued for discriminating against minorities in other other business ventures. clearly the way he views minorities is that "you are my work force, only my work force but you will always be an inferior class to me and my people and will never associate with you outside the workforce in any capacity".

im pretty sure he doesn't view them as anything more than money signs and if he could find white players who were equal in terms of playing ability, he might go that way. the way the clippers have been until recent times, can give you a glimpse about how he works.

Old 04-29-2014, 01:09 PM

8,630 posts, read 10,155,921 times
This whole scenario, news coverage, presidential attention, etc. disgusts me as much as Sterling's alleged racism. It appears that in today's society, it's now much more acceptable to shame and humiliate people into changing their belief systems rather than educating them. IMO, this will only increase tensions between people rather than bring people together.

As a gay man, I can honestly say that I am not into the shame and humiliation tactic as it becomes a form of bullying itself. From my perspective, gays, blacks, etc. should know better than to use this tactic on others whether it is for good reasons or not, especially considering how many of these people were or felt that they had been bullied, shamed, or discriminated against themselves.

Old 04-29-2014, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarqCider View Post
the past doesn't matter? im pretty sure only higher ups knew about his ordeal and he was sued for discriminating against minorities in other other business ventures. clearly the way he views minorities is that "you are my work force, only my work force but you will always be an inferior class to me and my people and will never associate with you outside the workforce in any capacity".

im pretty sure he doesn't view them as anything more than money signs and if he could find white players who were equal in terms of playing ability, he might go that way. the way the clippers have been until recent times, can give you a glimpse about how he works.
What are you talking about only higher up knew? That's just playing dumb. His past is all over the internet. It's in newspapers and on local TV. The NBA simply had no problem taking his money until the media outcry. Anyone with common sense can figure that out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball