Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2015, 06:45 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,988,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
What genius at ESPN decided showing the Clippers/Raptors tomorrow would be better than showing Warriors/Hawks??
That's actually not a bad game, but I'm assuming they already had that game picked out. They will get a larger audience from the Clippers and Raptors just because of the LA market, so I understand why they kept it in part. These stations don't care about the best game, they care about what will get the most ratings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2015, 08:53 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
That's actually not a bad game, but I'm assuming they already had that game picked out. They will get a larger audience from the Clippers and Raptors just because of the LA market, so I understand why they kept it in part. These stations don't care about the best game, they care about what will get the most ratings.
I'd bet GS vs Hawks would get better ratings.

I wonder if the NBA and their TV partners are going to start doing more pre-empting towards late season like the NFL does in order to show the compelling match-ups instead of two teams that were supposed to be contenders that fell apart and aren't even in the playoff hunt.

I might actually go out to the local watering hole to watch GS vs. Atlanta but typically I'm exhausted by Friday night so....if I can manage the gym I'll prob. just watch the Clips\Rapts and call it good.

Old 02-06-2015, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'd bet GS vs Hawks would get better ratings.

I wonder if the NBA and their TV partners are going to start doing more pre-empting towards late season like the NFL does in order to show the compelling match-ups instead of two teams that were supposed to be contenders that fell apart and aren't even in the playoff hunt.

I might actually go out to the local watering hole to watch GS vs. Atlanta but typically I'm exhausted by Friday night so....if I can manage the gym I'll prob. just watch the Clips\Rapts and call it good.
I know I would watch the game, but it seems like there is this weird perception that people want to see LA and NY teams. I mean how else do you explain all the Knicks and Lakers game on the national TV schedule? It doesn't make sense to me.

Old 02-06-2015, 12:49 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,507,317 times
Quote:
I know I would watch the game, but it seems like there is this weird perception that people want to see LA and NY teams. I mean how else do you explain all the Knicks and Lakers game on the national TV schedule? It doesn't make sense to me.
Kobe Bryant and Carmello Anthony. People like to watch them play.

Old 02-06-2015, 01:12 PM

939 posts, read 795,730 times
ESPN wants to pretend the Hawks don't exist, or at least are irrelevant. They love the OVERRATED Bulls and the Cavs. Cleveland, I can understand- Chicago- no. I'm exited to see how my hawks fare against the Warriros. Then we go to Memphis on Sunday- brutal We've been doing it all year- no reason to believe teamwork, great passing and shooting won't continue to work.

Old 02-06-2015, 01:32 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,658,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I wonder how long Curry thinks he can just come down the floor and launch up three pointers like he is playing basketball on a saturday afternoon in the playground.
Or until someone stops him...

Old 02-06-2015, 02:02 PM

Quote:
I don't think anyone would figure that the Knicks would be THIS bad and people like to watch Kobe in his last few years in the league.

With what has transpired though, I agree it doesn't make sense and if I recall correctly some of those games have been superseded.

Old 02-06-2015, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kool hand luke View Post
ESPN wants to pretend the Hawks don't exist, or at least are irrelevant. They love the OVERRATED Bulls and the Cavs. Cleveland, I can understand- Chicago- no. I'm exited to see how my hawks fare against the Warriros. Then we go to Memphis on Sunday- brutal We've been doing it all year- no reason to believe teamwork, great passing and shooting won't continue to work.
Bulls aren't over-rated if you actually follow their many games down 2 starters plus they've had to integrate Rose back after 2 years out and the addition of Gasol.

Maybe they won't get healthy and mesh, that's life....but for a guy who has made 2 posts all season to come strutting in all "We've been doing it all year", are you really sure you want to start trash talkin' this far before the playoffs even start?

Old 02-06-2015, 06:00 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
I will get my chance to see the Warriors and Hawks in the month of May

Old 02-06-2015, 08:42 PM

So does everyone think Atlanta is for real now or do we still need more evidence?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball