Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2018, 05:31 PM

331 posts, read 253,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
He cant do it alone. And he can't stop GSW from shooting 60 percent from 3. If Durant gets hot or Thompson it's going to be a loooooong hot night in Houston. Idk what's going to happen but it won't be Hardens fault if they lose.
Harden sucks. The difference between game 5 and game 6 is that Chris Paul was able to, mentally and physically, keep the Rockets within reach when GS when on their 3 parade in the 3rd quarter of game 5. When GS went on it's typical 3rd quarter run in the game 6, I don't think anyone believed Harden would be able to stabilize and lead Houston back.

If I'm not mistaken, when Houston came back from down 3 games to 1 vs LA a few years ago, they did so with a huge 4th quarter run in game 5 with Harden on the bench.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2018, 06:07 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,936,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Has anyone been able to stop him in 8 tries.???? I would agree with you but it hasn't been done yet. It's taken some really good teams to stop LeBron. Note. I said teams. Spurs. Mavs with Dirk at his prime. GSW with legit 4 allstars and a top 5 player STILL lost to them . At this point maybe Anthony Davis should join GSW as well. Geeeees.
The thing is...the 2-3 elite teams are in the west so Lebron doesn’t face them to make the finals. And when he does, he loses more than he wins. How many of those eastern teams over the last 8 years have been legit title contenders? The Raptors? Pacers led by 22-23 year old PG? One year wonder Hawks? I certainly couldn’t see any of them beating the Wade/Bosh/Lebron Heat. How many eastern teams had a legit shot at taking out the Lebron/Kyrie/Love Cavs? A historically bad #1 seed Craptors team? A hobled Celtics team?

Old 05-28-2018, 06:40 PM

24,634 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffolk2010 View Post
If he leaves Cleveland, he may. Philly and Houston are attractive destinations. If LA manages to land him and Paul George or Kawhi, they may also have a chance.

Lebron's decision at this point is, 1) Do I want to compete for another title, 2) Should I succumb to the complaints of fans who complain about player mobility.
If he goes to Houston, still won’t make a difference. IMO

That’s still 4 all-stars vs 3. One is injury prone (CP3), and the other ball hogs (Harden)

Old 05-28-2018, 06:55 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times
Watching my Celtics lose Game 7 provided me two distinct thoughts about the series and more.

We will never know what could have been if Kyrie was playing. It's irrelevant that Hayward wasn't there because he wasn't all season. The Celtics are young and talented and poised to take over the Eastern Conference.

LeBron is by far the greatest player of this generation. My eyes do not deceive, and what he does on the court is something for the ages. I've seen other geats in my lifetime, of course led by Michael Jordan. Just like the Tom Brady debate (GOAT), there will never be a clear winner in public discussion. Brady detractors with point at Montana or even Manning. Lebron detractors point to Jordan.

Team sports make such discussion difficult. Who are the teammates. What era did they play in. What was their competition. It doesn't matter to me right now. LeBron is simply that good, and arguably the GOAT. I think the Celtics were a better "team", but the Cavs had that player in James that can defeat team. Getting to 8 straight NBA finals is absurd. An incredible feat no matter what team has been around him.

Old 05-28-2018, 07:00 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,750,250 times
Warriors win by 25 or more tonight because Harden is a turnover machine and a street ball player, CP3 is out and the rockets dont have any other consistent scorers.

Old 05-28-2018, 07:02 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
Paul and Iguodala both out again tonight.

Old 05-28-2018, 07:07 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Getting to 8 straight NBA finals is absurd. An incredible feat no matter what team has been around him.
Exactly. First the argument is he took the easy way by teaming up with Wade & Bosh to get rings, then it was that the East was a cakewalk...now there's no excuse because everyone was claiming Philly or Boston were going to become the new dynasties of the East (which they still may), so there should be no more excusing his greatness.

Old 05-28-2018, 07:41 PM

24,634 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Watching GSW play is always an event, even if you’re beating them by 20+ they could come back to win.

Old 05-28-2018, 07:42 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,750,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Watching GSW play is always an event, even if you’re beating them by 20+ they could come back to win.
Especially when you have Harden who will shoot GS right back in the game

Old 05-28-2018, 07:45 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,336,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Especially when you have Harden who will shoot GS right back in the game
Harden is basically in a win-win situation, the Rockets lose, he blames it on not having CP3, Rockets win and it's all because of him!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball