Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where will LeBron play next season?
Cleveland 11 18.64%
Philadelphia 7 11.86%
Los Angeles 23 38.98%
Houston 5 8.47%
San Antonio 6 10.17%
Other 7 11.86%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 01:56 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,935,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
But that's in the East, the East is not the level of the West.

well lets say either George and Kwawi (sp?) go east (combo of sixers and Celtics)

If Lebron does too Moves to another east) the balance could shift

it always does, the west wont be on top forever nor will it ever stay one sided
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2018, 02:11 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,616,600 times
I am now hearing that LeBron is trying to create a super team in LA, similar to what he did in Miami when he and Chris Bosh joined Dwyane Wade. And I am thinking Leonard is in the plans.

This is going to be very interesting for Laker fans!!

Old 06-15-2018, 02:34 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
Philly won 52 games without Lebron. I think they are the smart play and an instant 60-win team and Finals contender if he goes there. Other option is to collude with two other stars on meeting somewhere, a la 2010, and make that leap...

One thing for sure, we always get the Lebron story wrong. We got it wrong in 2010 and 2014 in the lead up to his free agency. We have it wrong this year too...
Philly has built a big man centric team in a small ball era. PG Ben Simmons regular season 3pt% was 0.0, and to have a point guard who can't shoot threes is death now. Plus with Embid, Saric , Simmons clogging the lane, that is not propitious for LeBron.

I agree with your second point. I think it will be redux of 2010. Lebron sits down with a couple other superstars, works out an agreement, and creates an instant super team. The thing is though, there aren't a ton of great free agents to pick from.

Old 06-15-2018, 04:17 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,521,634 times
Quote:
Well Kawhi just told the Spurs he wants out of San Antonio and that LA was where he wants to be traded. Knowing he can opt out after next year, no other team will offer what it will take to make a trade for him. Only the Lakers will offer like a Kuzma and either Ball or Ingram, preferably Ball and two future number one picks could be enough.

I don't think another team will risk losing him after one season to offer more than that.
For the moment, the stars seem to have aligned for LBJ, Kawhi, and PG13 on the Lakers. They can basically sign LBJ & George, then trade Ball, Ingram, Deng, and Cleveland's #1 for Kawhi. They will have the rest of the roster to fill in, but that is an intriguing core.

Old 06-15-2018, 06:02 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
For the moment, the stars seem to have aligned for LBJ, Kawhi, and PG13 on the Lakers. They can basically sign LBJ & George, then trade Ball, Ingram, Deng, and Cleveland's #1 for Kawhi. They will have the rest of the roster to fill in, but that is an intriguing core.
It is intriguing to me too because for one thing, there's never quite been a team like that with three small forwards. GSW and Houston both have placed most of their firepower in the backcourt. I wonder if LA could counter that with superior size.

LBJ, PG, and Leonard are all good to excellent in 3 point shooting. Of course, Curry, Thompson and Durant are all excellent to great.

Old 06-15-2018, 06:02 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,336,890 times
Doesn't that look good on him and look how happy he is, 4 more rings!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfxSeTHUEAAnUU-.jpg

Last edited by toosie; 06-17-2018 at 04:16 AM.. Reason: Image copyright

Old 06-15-2018, 07:37 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,864,415 times
Quote:
I am telling you guys all right now!! There is now no doubt in my mind, LeBron is going to Los Angeles, as is Paul George.
But he's touring high schools in Houston.
LeBron to Houston

Old 06-18-2018, 07:36 AM

27,224 posts, read 43,942,133 times
How about a big fat who cares? For all the ills of the NFL at least there's some sense of it's most anyone's season to win, versus the NBA where the superstars cluster within a few teams and it's going to be the predicted one of three teams with a chance to win the championship. *yawn*

Old 06-18-2018, 12:18 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,616,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
How about a big fat who cares? For all the ills of the NFL at least there's some sense of it's most anyone's season to win, versus the NBA where the superstars cluster within a few teams and it's going to be the predicted one of three teams with a chance to win the championship. *yawn*

You are so correct with your analogy. To me, this offseason is more exciting than the season itself. I am hoping my Lakers are in a position to be amongst those team with a chance at winning it all. But let's be honest, Golden State looks like it is there's. Where as in the NFL, not many (outside of Philly) would've thought at the beginning of last season that the Eagles would've won the Super Bowl.

Old 06-18-2018, 09:42 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Even despite the level of brutality and injury in the NFl your point is well made.

If the NBA doesn't fix this they're likely going to suffer decline.

At the same time the NFL has even bigger problems with regards to the basic nature of the sport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball