Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2020, 01:58 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,158,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzalugano View Post
Not anymore. She probably brought it in from California

Idaho reports first confirmed coronavirus case. It involves a woman in Ada County

https://www.idahostatesman.com/livin...240956606.html
New Yawk City.

I went in the liquor store at Hillcrest today, and only a few people in there. No more than normal on a Saturday afternoon. Definitely no empty shelves in there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2020, 02:01 PM

1,402 posts, read 3,364,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Agree! Liberal media is pushing pandemonium especially in election year. Turn off the news!
Yeah, fox news has done a horrible job of properly educating its viewers about this pandemic.

Old 03-14-2020, 02:28 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,760,104 times
Frankly the Leftist media is indeed responsible for ramping things up to an out of control level as usual. The main bad thing about this particular strain is it apparently is capable of fast alteration. One can feel better then it nails them again as soon as their immune system is in any way weakened. I'm mainly concerned as a result it won't go anywhere too fast as other strains do typically in the warmer weather. Let's hope I'm wrong and by July it's more of a memory and the stock market can quickly recover and the world at large can resume it's life again. If not we can only hope for a effective vaccine directed at this crud.

Old 03-14-2020, 04:12 PM

492 posts, read 234,627 times
Albertson's had more food like fresh meats but are way pricier. $10 for a chicken, non-cooked, is ridiculous.

Old 03-14-2020, 06:21 PM

86 posts, read 148,893 times
I don't watch liberal or conservative media. I just watch the regular channel news, and in my opinion it's the media in general that's responsible for all this panic. Bad news gets higher ratings, I guess. If they would just tone it down and speak in a normal voice instead of saying everything with such dire urgency. It makes people uneasy. dcisive, I haven't yet heard of people getting it twice or it altering or mutating.

I'm still in CA and we were laughing about the shortage of toilet paper last week. It was such a weird thing to be out of. But then on Thursday, the panic run was on. Now we have bare shelves in the grocery stores and it's not so funny anymore. I was surprised to come on this forum and read it's happening in Idaho, though. Well, prob a result of the inflammatory media then, because you guys didn't even have any cases until today.

I heard an interview by this epidemiologist, Dr. Timothy Brewer. He's been advisory boards/review panels for the World Health Organization and the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, so I'm pretty sure he knows what he's talking about, lol. Due to the lack of data about COVID so far, he can't say he knows how this virus behaves, but he talks more in general about how respiratory viruses behave and COVID is that type. Here's a link a short video he made, if you're interested.
https://ph.ucla.edu/news/news-item/2...ou-should-know

So between his facts and the China and South Korea cases decreasing already, I feel a bit better. But, the US is not as prepared as it could have been to jump on this thing sooner. So it's that and the panic/hoarding of everyone that's giving me anxiety, not the actual virus. Well, and as the data from testing does start coming in, these people that are hoarding are just going to panic all over again because they'll only focus on the fact that more people have it, not that it's still a low mortality rate like it seems to be now. It's a vicious cycle. I hope it's over soon.

Old 03-14-2020, 07:06 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,760,104 times
May we all be reminded of the song Don Henley wrote when with the Eagles. He nailed it blaming the media for all their crud. His words said it all "When the bubble headed bleach blond, comes on at 5, she can tell you of the train wreck with a gleam in her eye.....it's interesting when people die....give us Dirty Laundry". That's just about EVERY news organization. They are ALL the equivalent of ambulance chasers for their job security.

Old 03-14-2020, 07:42 PM

289 posts, read 311,713 times
A couple in front of us at Winco yesterday purchased $600 worth of groceries! Included were New York steaks. The best part... they used EBT to pay for some or most of it. What a great system we have.

Old 03-15-2020, 07:41 PM

49 posts, read 126,263 times
Just posting because I haven't seen anyone acknowledge it, but we currently have 5 confirmed cases in Idaho.

https://coronavirus.idaho.gov/

Old 03-15-2020, 10:14 PM

492 posts, read 234,627 times
Winco changed it's opening time to 6am and 4 item limit with meat products.

Old 03-16-2020, 08:47 AM

5,585 posts, read 5,015,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDABaptist View Post
Albertson's had more food like fresh meats but are way pricier. $10 for a chicken, non-cooked, is ridiculous.
A whole cooked chicken at Costco is $4.99. Same at Sam's club.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area