Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2020, 07:14 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,159,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzalugano View Post
Costco is the place to go to catch the Coronavirus!
I'm sure you can get it in a huuuuuge dose at Costco.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2020, 08:07 AM

492 posts, read 234,884 times
Winco has changed it's hours to 7am to midnight, i got there at 7:05 and the store was packed like a busy weekend. Shelves were full of meat and chicken but with the buying madness who knows how long it will last. They have placed limits on meat 4 items mix match. Eggs as well, I think 1 5 dozen box , the clerk told me yesterday they had a full shipment of toilet paper and it is all gone already.

The toilet paper madness continues..... The clerk also said that they changed the hours to restock the shelves, they could not do it fast enough otherwise will all the folks milling around. So if you get there at 7am you can get stuff, the bread was also full but going fast. I can see a limit on bread coming too.

Old 03-18-2020, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDABaptist View Post
Winco has changed it's hours to 7am to midnight, i got there at 7:05 and the store was packed like a busy weekend. Shelves were full of meat and chicken but with the buying madness who knows how long it will last. They have placed limits on meat 4 items mix match. Eggs as well, I think 1 5 dozen box , the clerk told me yesterday they had a full shipment of toilet paper and it is all gone already.

The toilet paper madness continues..... The clerk also said that they changed the hours to restock the shelves, they could not do it fast enough otherwise will all the folks milling around. So if you get there at 7am you can get stuff, the bread was also full but going fast. I can see a limit on bread coming too.
Good to know! I usually shop at Fred Meyer because it's within walking distance, but if I can't find chicken there by Friday guess I'll fire up the vehicle and drive to Winco.

Old 03-18-2020, 12:09 PM

The Statesman has a map that now says 10 cases. Only 3 in Ada county, but 4 in Blaine which is Sun Valley / Hailey which I guess makes sense.

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/...bignews_latest

Old 03-18-2020, 05:33 PM

289 posts, read 311,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
I'd be willing to bet those in Blaine County with it are not residents. Probably visiting from California or elsewhere
Just like I saw in MT they may declare residence there and then could be counted. That's why MT was originally attributed with 1 case and then it was removed on some maps. She had residence in MT but had been staying on the east coast since November. Maybe the Blaine County cases are snowbirds.

I find the whole thing irrelevant anyway since we're only testing such a small amount. 10 confirmed cases. 100 unreported and never recorded

Old 03-19-2020, 04:25 PM

229 posts, read 217,894 times
https://abcnews.go.com/International...e_hero_related
Please take this seriously, not doing so is going to cost resources and lives. Idaho has 11 “known†cases, that number is going to go up.

Old 03-19-2020, 08:50 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,763,030 times
16 cases now in Blaine Co. Most from NY visiting to ski. Figures, they brought it from home no doubt.

Old 03-20-2020, 09:17 AM

1,539 posts, read 1,476,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
16 cases now in Blaine Co. Most from NY visiting to ski. Figures, they brought it from home no doubt.
Yep..... not surprised. Major travel destinations like ski resorts are likely areas for this infection... expect things to get much worse in FL with the spring-breakers going there. The outer Banks of NC closed several days ago, and so may be spared from the spring-breakers' self-interested behavior.

NYC is the national epicenter of this in the USA.. NY has 40% of the known cases at this point in time. The NYC mayor's response has been contributing to this situation..... he delayed the school closing decision. And then threatened to cut the budgets of the library system directors when they announced planned closings, and his own health officials have threatened resignations over his behavior. Now he is asking for the Federal Gov't to help... which we need to do, to control this at its worst point. It's a tough situation to manage with the density of people there, but mind-boggling as to the delays that have happened.

The exponential slope of the infections has climbed a bit steeper in the last couple of days. I cannot say if this is due to faster spread, or simply due to the dramatic increase in testing that has occurred in the last 7-10 days.

Old 03-20-2020, 11:49 AM

1,539 posts, read 1,476,447 times
And now finally the NY governor has ordered all non-essential workers to stay at home. I could see NYC being isolated like Wuhan was in China. It very probably needs to happen IMHO. The cases of NY residents going to Sun Valley and having it spread there (if that is true) shows this.

Old 03-21-2020, 07:54 AM

6,358 posts, read 7,774,697 times
No more bickering. Keep discussion directly related to Idaho.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Last edited by volosong; 03-21-2020 at 08:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area