Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2020, 05:45 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,765,471 times

Advertisements

Just watched a specialized doctors Youtube video on the virus, how it works and why it's so deadly. His estimation is he felt there's NO way it will subside to a reasonably safe level till after July at the earliest. Man that was disappointing to hear, but after his explanation sure did make sense. Just hard to take.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2020, 06:28 PM

289 posts, read 312,164 times
Makes sense. The challenge is the definition of "reasonably safe" varies quite a bit from person to person. Some people are gonna lose patience. I'm still of the opinion we need to eventually trust our adaptation to social distancing and figure out how to start opening up at some point that's probably sooner than many expect. The closures helped our healthcare system catch up. The social distancing will hopefully keep it reasonably in check. With all the doom and gloom projections each day we might already have plenty of suicides before we even reach the magic date of July 1.

Old 04-03-2020, 09:02 PM

149 posts, read 175,687 times
went to costco and Walmart today for neccesities... I was looking like a cosmonaut in my 95 mask, coat with hood and gloves... but surprisingly people walk totally unarmed... no masks , no gloves, laughing , joking... There were few people in masks ... but most - are loke nothing happened... I do not get it why people are so neglectful about themselves and their family(((

Old 04-03-2020, 09:09 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,160,603 times
I was in Fred Meyer today and saw several people in masks. This was the first time I saw more than one. I've decided today was my last day in a store. I'll order for delivery from now on. I don't have a mask anymore, and there are none for sale anywhere.

Old 04-03-2020, 09:52 PM

329 posts, read 225,629 times
With respect to the U.S. in particular I wonder if somehow we'll begin to see a reported "downturn" of the virus just in time for vacationers to begin their descent on the popular tourist destinations. And, yes, that would probably happen right around the 4th of July. Everything comes down to economics, regardless of what we would like to believe or what we think should happen.

Old 04-04-2020, 11:32 PM

149 posts, read 175,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieThruTheGlass View Post
With respect to the U.S. in particular I wonder if somehow we'll begin to see a reported "downturn" of the virus just in time for vacationers to begin their descent on the popular tourist destinations. And, yes, that would probably happen right around the 4th of July. Everything comes down to economics, regardless of what we would like to believe or what we think should happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeHoLee View Post
I was in Fred Meyer today and saw several people in masks. This was the first time I saw more than one. I've decided today was my last day in a store. I'll order for delivery from now on. I don't have a mask anymore, and there are none for sale anywhere.
'
I was trying to do a pick up service in Walmart. but they did not have any time slots. because I think they have very many people doing it....but delivery costs about 10 dollars, right?

Old 04-05-2020, 07:52 AM

99 posts, read 56,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
Just watched a specialized doctors Youtube video on the virus, how it works and why it's so deadly. His estimation is he felt there's NO way it will subside to a reasonably safe level till after July at the earliest. Man that was disappointing to hear, but after his explanation sure did make sense. Just hard to take.
This one is pretty interesting. A little long,but.....this guy is good.

https://youtu.be/4J0d59dd-qM

Old 04-05-2020, 08:09 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,160,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalijaasbj View Post
'
I was trying to do a pick up service in Walmart. but they did not have any time slots. because I think they have very many people doing it....but delivery costs about 10 dollars, right?
Yes, at Fred Meyer it was $10 and the suggested tip 5% of the tab. Which I thought was fair. I'm glad there are people risking their own health to still be in contact with co-workers in order to help the rest of us out. I'm happy to give them a little tip.

They use InstaCart to deliver and their first open time was two days after I ordered, but I didn't schedule till Wednesday because they were afternoon deliveries and I wanted the earliest time slot. I believe that's when the picker will be able to find the fresh meat and frozen veggies I want.

Fred Meyer isn't allowing delivery of the stuff that's scarce. Toilet paper, disinfectant wipes, even kleenex. That's fine with me, I have enough for another month, and hopefully the hoarders will have their garages full by then so I can replenish my supply. But I feel bad for people who need that stuff. We're supposed to stay out of stores, but stores won't deliver the essential stuff. You HAVE to go in multiple times to try to find it in stock.

Old 04-05-2020, 03:49 PM

5,587 posts, read 5,027,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeHoLee View Post
Perfect time to go to bank make a withdrawl in a ski mask?
Some of the people I have seen have some very elaborate very serious masks with filters attached to them.
You would think this is a chemical warfare then again you cannot recognize who is behind that mask because their eyes are covered as well as their whole face. A total package for some serious filtering/protection?

You can always make your own mask. Some people here according to news media are making cloth masks for others. It has become a side business.
As of now wearing masks is optional. Whereas before it was RECOMMENDED not to wear masks (if you weren't sick) and save them for our medical staff.

Old 04-05-2020, 03:58 PM

5,587 posts, read 5,027,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Boundndown View Post
This one is pretty interesting. A little long,but.....this guy is good.

https://youtu.be/4J0d59dd-qM
Here we were told ONLY to listen to The World Health Organization, our governor here, and The Center of Diease Control, Everything else is considered to be rhetoric, proproganda or conspiracy theories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area