Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 05:01 PM

49 posts, read 85,961 times

Advertisements

For real.. whats so progressive about a dominant democratic class? A spendthrift mayor who couldn't speak proper English when he was in here. First state to allow gay marriage whoopty frikken doo. Banning Chick Fil A WOO HOO because we hate those homophobes from the south so much right??

From what I see with the plows, the handling of the roads is that even the Boston metro does a terrible job at clearing the roads. This is a social backwater as most people only stay to the friends they grew up with. Theres a lot bad about this state that I can name and I can praise NH to death because they actually do the right things.

MA is all about lining pockets and about fueling the greed for this regime and I am tired of it! Been tired of it for awhile. This place is only good if you're rich and have connections. That's it and even then is it? Gotta weigh all these things out the way I do it best. All I know is I cannot build a life in this god for saken state. I moved back home because I got sucked in by my dad and now I know why I was never meant to be here. He will stay here till death and put up with the crap the state feeds us but not me. I am hardcore conservative and wouldn't have it any other way but the liberal environment brought it out in me. Anywhere hardcore blue I been I didn't like when I spent more time in places like that. I will say that for the record.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2014, 05:25 PM

2,726 posts, read 6,116,077 times
These rants are such wasted effort IMO. If you don't like it, leave. It's that simple.

Old 01-03-2014, 05:30 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,109,605 times
Instead of wasting your time posting long, convoluted and poorly constructed rants on a city-data site, why not use it constructively to pack up thoroughly and take the first bus out of here? Like your father "sucked" you back into the state, you suckered me into wasting about 15 seconds of my life trying to make sense of your drivel.

Old 01-03-2014, 05:30 PM

4,694 posts, read 3,475,013 times
So incredibly sick of these threads. Please, for the love of Pete, go haunt another site.
Cliff I couldn't rep you but really it is that simple.

Old 01-03-2014, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Instead of wasting your time posting long, convoluted and poorly constructed rants on a city-data site, why not use it constructively to pack up thoroughly and take the first bus out of here? Like your father "sucked" you back into the state, you suckered me into wasting about 15 seconds of my life trying to make sense of your drivel.
I was venting. I had a rough f'n day ok pal and got through it ok considering between fighting with my dad and getting home safe from my grandmothers. I Don't need you telling me I wasted time. It was well worth the "drivel" but at least I am not as bad as Mayor Menino with saying incoherent things. According to him you'd think Hondo came out of retirement.

Not for nothing I been places before and Eastern MA and much of the state is a backwards place. Just as much if not more than some of the Southern states people who live here like to bash. Just telling of an observation I notice.

Also watching these people on the weather channels are like a bad acting job. They are like paid actors over exaggerating everything and Mini Me (Patrick) was in his emergency gear with people behind him.. I have a theory behind it but won't fully say what it is. Lets just say he might run for a "higher" office one day and is practicing for it then the whole USA will be under Democratic rule following the MA model. We will only have 2 choices, Hillary and Deval.. what kind of paradise that will be. I am pro 1st and 2nd amendment, pro choice and pro life depending on the demographics. Right to preserve ones heritage and so on. I can get into my whole diatribe about Planned Parenthood also but I won't right now.

Old 01-03-2014, 06:05 PM

2,726 posts, read 6,116,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetmeoutofMA View Post
I was venting. I had a rough f'n day ok pal and got through it ok considering between fighting with my dad and getting home safe from my grandmothers. I Don't need you telling me I wasted time. It was well worth the "drivel" but at least I am not as bad as Mayor Menino with saying incoherent things. According to him you'd think Hondo came out of retirement.

Not for nothing I been places before and Eastern MA and much of the state is a backwards place. Just as much if not more than some of the Southern states people who live here like to bash. Just telling of an observation I notice.

Also watching these people on the weather channels are like a bad acting job. They are like paid actors over exaggerating everything and Mini Me (Patrick) was in his emergency gear with people behind him.. I have a theory behind it but won't fully say what it is. Lets just say he might run for a "higher" office one day and is practicing for it then the whole USA will be under Democratic rule following the MA model. We will only have 2 choices, Hillary and Deval.. what kind of paradise that will be. I am pro 1st and 2nd amendment, pro choice and pro life depending on the demographics. Right to preserve ones heritage and so on. I can get into my whole diatribe about Planned Parenthood also but I won't right now.
a) This is not a place to vent because you've "had a rough f'n day".

b) If you'd like to discuss politics and/or political views there is a separate forum for that. Again, this is not the place.

Old 01-03-2014, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
a) This is not a place to vent because you've "had a rough f'n day".

b) If you'd like to discuss politics and/or political views there is a separate forum for that. Again, this is not the place.
I was discussing BOSTON and democratic issues as this state leans much toward that. I mean this is a BOSTON forum is it not? Us true conservatives have had it with your censorship and we're finally making a stand against this regime like the one we have in BOSTON and getting in numbers and you get terrified because we're only getting stronger as time passes but go ahead, try to censor me.. you can not debate me or else you would rationally.. you have to be a control freak behind your keyboard because you know face to face it wouldn't fly and you couldn't just hit the block button or have me banned so just think of that ok.

Old 01-03-2014, 06:23 PM

37 posts, read 60,172 times
It's ironic -- I'm a Democrat, but I think in some ways you have a point. I've been discussing with all the good people here in some other threads about my concerns with Boston's inability to stay open later. Not 24/7 like Vegas, but just a little later. And I keep kind of arriving at the idea that the city (and state), while fundamentally liberal, actually has this undercurrent of conservatism to it. Not politically -- obviously if it were political you'd like it here -- but just kind of conservative in the most basic definition of the word. Like, in trying to be very inclusive, they openly tell Chick-Fil-A to stay out, which winds up becoming its own form of conservatism. And, to some degree, makes the city look no better than they people they're rejecting -- both parties look unprogressive for different reasons.

So, in a way, I kind of see your point, despite being a Democrat and not having as many wider gripes with Boston as you. My gripe is mainly that it's going to experience an ever-accelerating population decline and -- before they do enough to counter it -- the ship will have already sailed. And, in a way, you do touch on that with the idea that some of Boston's attitude may be a little anachronistic at this point.

Sorry you had a rough day, hope tomorrow's better.

Old 01-03-2014, 06:26 PM

11,063 posts, read 12,456,973 times
Being/electing a democrat doesn't mean you have superior politics. I don't quite know how this got to be a generally accepted idea. Agreed on this point.

The rest is kinda incoherrent.

Old 01-03-2014, 06:39 PM

37 posts, read 60,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Being/electing a democrat doesn't mean you have superior politics..
Agreed. I think it's a function of Boston skewing so far left and how deeply intertwined into its identity being liberal is. Its mirror image might be a city in TX (take your pick leaving out Austin) where being/electing a Republican automatically means you have superior politics. I hope the OP understands the US has so many cities that are rather apolitical and routinely swing in either direction. I believe Orlando is the swingiest city in the swingiest state in the country, and if you talk to locals there you'd definitely believe it -- politics is borderline irrelevant there -- people definitely don't get excited about it like they do in Boston (or Dallas!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston