Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2021, 10:36 AM

2,364 posts, read 1,851,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Kids in Fields Corner are and have been delinquent for a long time. Speaking as a city kid- they're pretty much just like that over there-the blacks, hispanics, whites, asians, all pretty mischievous. You can find news reports of asian gangs, mark Wahlberg harassing people, racial attack at the T stop in the 70s, counterfeiters. Most interactions I had with youth from that area were shady.
yea idk like i said i never really spent time hanging around there. i just went in for my piano lesson and left. my teacher lived on a nice block but the area around there his house was sketchy. i never was bothered though i was like a young teen and a scrawny hippie looking white kid. i was slightly uncomfortable at times in the neighbohood but honestly more uncomfortable in the teachers house somtimes cause he was a weird dude LOL but nothing bad ever happened from it

Old 10-06-2021, 10:36 AM

21,628 posts, read 12,733,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
Yeah we stayed friends for a while. I was hanging out there quite a bit. And for the most part was treated well. It helped that the Soprano's was huge back then, and a lot of people from that area (and others) associated my family as some kind of Mobsters. Which could not be further from the truth, but I guess it wasn't worth a discussion if they thought I was cool for it.
I also remember hanging with them at Adidas park one day when they jumped 3 white kids and I just watched, But that's a story for a different day.
Three white kids were at Adidas park ? I know Adidas Park fairly well. Did they take their sneakers?

Old 10-06-2021, 10:58 AM

3,207 posts, read 2,116,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Three white kids were at Adidas park ? I know Adidas Park fairly well. Did they take their sneakers?
Of course dude. It's Adidas park.

Old 10-06-2021, 11:11 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,945,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
Of course dude. It's Adidas park.
That's a great name for a park. Now they need a Puma park too. The founders of Adidas and Puma were feuding brothers, so they should both be represented.

This whole larger discussion could go on forever with no resolution. The situation is self-reinforcing and is a cycle that will continue indefinitely until somebody finds a way to break it. Right now, too many people are making a lot of money from it so there is no incentive to do so. Nobody can expect salvation from those who are profiting from their suffering.

Old 10-06-2021, 11:36 AM

2,066 posts, read 1,071,348 times
Exactly, there’s simply too much money at stake when dealing with an abstract concept with no measurable results. If you get a billion to build a road you better produce that road on due date, if you get a billion to fight racism(tm) you can simply say racism is too strong and you need another two billion to fight it harder(tm,) and anyone who questions where that first billion went is a racist trumphitler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
That's a great name for a park. Now they need a Puma park too. The founders of Adidas and Puma were feuding brothers, so they should both be represented.

This whole larger discussion could go on forever with no resolution. The situation is self-reinforcing and is a cycle that will continue indefinitely until somebody finds a way to break it. Right now, too many people are making a lot of money from it so there is no incentive to do so. Nobody can expect salvation from those who are profiting from their suffering.

Old 10-06-2021, 10:08 PM

2,501 posts, read 4,433,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieWhitie View Post
Exactly, there’s simply too much money at stake when dealing with an abstract concept with no measurable results. If you get a billion to build a road you better produce that road on due date, if you get a billion to fight racism(tm) you can simply say racism is too strong and you need another two billion to fight it harder(tm,) and anyone who questions where that first billion went is a racist trumphitler.
That's exactly how police everywhere behave!

if you get a billion to fight crime(tm) you can simply say crime is too strong and you need another two billion to fight it harder(tm,) and anyone who questions where that first billion went is a "defund the police" cop-hater.

Old 10-07-2021, 04:43 AM

5,094 posts, read 2,658,571 times
No, that's not how police "behave" and crime data is empirical not theoretical.

Old 10-07-2021, 06:39 AM

Not quite - things like shootings, carjackings, robberies, etc can be easily quantified and measured. Things like whities not feeling enough guilt and shame(tm) on the other hand…

Also what kind of panther - old school, new school or “ally” cosplay school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post
That's exactly how police everywhere behave!

if you get a billion to fight crime(tm) you can simply say crime is too strong and you need another two billion to fight it harder(tm,) and anyone who questions where that first billion went is a "defund the police" cop-hater.

Old 10-07-2021, 06:57 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,943,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space_League View Post
Hmm could be just a fields corner thing. That's one part of the city I pretty much never had any reason to be in. I did have a piano teacher as who lived about 10 mins walk from fields corner station but idk maybe people are less likely to harass a kid or attitudes have changed since the 00s
Dorchester Art Project does excellent stuff.

Never have any issues there at all, except sometimes trouble finding parking, oddly enough. Now that it's a place I need to drive to.

Old 10-07-2021, 07:24 AM

Haven't had any issues there lately, it already looks somewhat cleaned up and will be gentrified to the max once Wu gets her East San Francisco plan rolling. Decent commercial strip along Dot Ave, right on red line, solid housing stock, nice park nearby - what's not to like? There's going to be a lot of leases not getting renewed, especially west of Dot Ave...

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Dorchester Art Project does excellent stuff.

Never have any issues there at all, except sometimes trouble finding parking, oddly enough. Now that it's a place I need to drive to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston