Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 01:18 AM

30,896 posts, read 36,965,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjnative View Post
This blows me away.

IMO, SF weather is the best. I'd live there if I could afford it. A little rain or cold is only that in SF- a little- as SF has one of the most temperate climates anywhere and doesn't get very hold or cold. It just stays perfect.

If you really don't like it, you can move elsewhere in the SFBA and save plenty of $$$$ on housing.

P.S. You could've gone somewhere else to watch the fireworks. There were shows all over the Bay Area including the hot & sweaty regions.

Uggh. I was in SF on the 4th and was glad I don't live there. The wind was nasty. The high being in the low 60s in July is not my idea of temperate....it's just cold, especially with the wind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 01:26 AM

8,975 posts, read 10,215,820 times
You'd think San Diego would have the BEST weather in CA but it's been doom and gloom for the past few weeks and hovering at or below 70. I've been wanting to go to the beach FOREVER but the marine layer makes it so unappealing. Makes me think I'm in Seattle. That's the one thing about living inland...even though it gets hotter you have guaranteed sunshine.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:08 AM

889 posts, read 3,117,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
The weather has been cloudy, rainy and gloomy all through the 1st half of this year today was cold, rainy and overcast... what is up with this pattern? I thought we were paying like 300% premium to live here!

Part of the reason why i left the doom and gloom. If you mostly live in a coastal area thats what you will get!
I cant stand fog and drizzle all summer long,quite depressing!

Old 07-07-2010, 10:34 AM

1,650 posts, read 3,519,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjnative View Post
This blows me away.

IMO, SF weather is the best. I'd live there if I could afford it. A little rain or cold is only that in SF- a little- as SF has one of the most temperate climates anywhere and doesn't get very hold or cold. It just stays perfect.

If you really don't like it, you can move elsewhere in the SFBA and save plenty of $$$$ on housing.

P.S. You could've gone somewhere else to watch the fireworks. There were shows all over the Bay Area including the hot & sweaty regions.
SF has temperate weather? What is your definition of temperate?? Have you ever been to western part of SF? Freaking low 50s temp with constant fog/drizzle and 25 mph is wind is not temperate...Yes thats the beach weather in SF in summer....Its really pathetic weather for summer (not that rest of the year is any better than this)!

SF/Daly city/Pacifica area has the worst summer in the entire US in my opinion. Even the much criticized Seattle's summer weather is heaven compared to SF.

Old 07-07-2010, 11:31 AM

8,214 posts, read 16,703,091 times
Calfornia has had an unusual year of weather because of the El Nino pattern. More rain and snow in the mountains than on average. But don't forget the rest of the country during this same time was getting nasty Winter storms, floods, etc...

For the Monterey Penninsula it has been a better than average year for weather. While we received more rain than usual this Winter, we also had more sunny days overall. I actually don't mind the summer fog. I'll take that over swelting heat any day. But it does bother some people. And this summer we've had warmer temps and more sun than usual including the 4th of July. Here is an image taken July 5th which was gorgeous as well. A bit of clouds in the AM with sun in the afternoon (low 70s). It doesn't get much better than this along the Central Coast in July. A mixture of AM clouds, PM sun, 70s, a bit cooler at night, no bugs, ocean breeze.

Derek

Old 07-07-2010, 12:00 PM

8,214 posts, read 16,703,091 times
Here is an example of mid Winter (January) 2010 along the Central Coast:

Early Spring (March) 2010:

April 2010:

May 2010:

Overall it's been an amazing year with a nice mixture of rain, sun, and clouds. And the much needed extra rains have made this a banner year for Spring wildflowers along the coast, in the valleys and mountains.

Derek

Last edited by MtnSurfer; 07-07-2010 at 12:08 PM..

Old 07-07-2010, 12:07 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times
whatever haters.

I flew myself and my visiting parents back here from my home in the NY area because the weather there is deathly hot. A smoldering heatwave with wretched humidity is gripping the NE and when we landed in Oakland late monday night I could hardly contain myself at how refreshing the strong cool breeze was when I stepped out of the jet. Just like a million times before, it welcomed me home like a much needed hug from an old friend.

*sighs*

You guys are stupid for complaining. The weather here is heaven on earth.

Old 07-07-2010, 12:12 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,406,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyadhi01 View Post
Where do you live? I think overall CA has livable weather but SF weather is horrible. Its freakin July...middle of summer and low temp in SF is in 40s and high temp barely crossing 60! Its always overcast, gloomy and very windy... You rarely ever see sunrise or sunset here because its foggy till noon everyday and sometimes the fog doesn't clear for days and even weeks. I will take 100 degree heat over this hell any day..

Went for fireoworks on 4th of July! It was freezing and you can't see the firework...It was like red fog..yellow fog and different shades of dimly lit fog..Worst 4th of July ever..
One year, I seem to recall either '90 or '91, there was not even colored glowing in the fog!

Of course, it's actually a bit rare to have fireworks in the fog since they moved from Crissy Field to the Embarcadero.

Old 07-07-2010, 12:16 PM

205 posts, read 211,414 times
Yeah California weather is horrible, a few days of fog and drizzle horrible. You can always move back east and enjoy nice humid 100 degree summers and sub zero winters.

Old 07-07-2010, 12:19 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPT Oakland View Post
Yeah California weather is horrible, a few days of fog and drizzle horrible. You can always move back east and enjoy nice humid 100 degree summers and sub zero winters.
I thought I was going to melt.

My poor parents, have been in the Bay Area for 40 years and are used to that came to stay with me for the summer on the cusp of a ridiculous heatwave.

So they and I came right back home.

LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California