Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 09:33 AM

1 posts, read 1,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
You are a racist, pure and simple. Trying to reason with you would be a waste of time. No one is keeping you here, so don't let the door hit you on the way out.

"Guys, I am an Indian myself, trust me from what this Oregon guy(frustrated Indian loser) is ranting about, he is a typical Indian chap who has'nt shed his Indianness yet, it is for *******s like him the Indian community has earned a bad name in the US. I have never been to the US but I can tell you I have a lot of admirations for the USA because they have allowed many *******s from India to emmigrate and get employment opportunities.But still then these *******s have'nt learnt anything from the Americans."He is a jerk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 09:48 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times
I have Indian friends. Yay for me!

Old 02-03-2011, 10:18 AM

4,803 posts, read 10,175,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Yes, you and I have crossed swords on "birthright" before ... I believe strongly that birthright is meaningless ... every citizen needs to serve and sacrifice in some manner in their lifetime to earn the benefits, blessings, and bounty of living here. Unearned "entitlement" (by every individual) is the cancer that operates foremost in killing the very body that supports us.

Illegal immigrants do jobs that Americans, COULD do, but they won't. Most 30 year old U.S. citizens will not even APPLY for a $10/hour job as a cook at a restaurant. And what makes people think that if the illegal immigrants didn't fill the position, that somehow the wages would be raised. These companies would MUCH rather higher an American citizen who speaks English, but the problem is that Americans would demand to be payed more money than the average illegal immigrant would ask for.

If people want to stop the flow of illegal immigrants into the country, then we need to start seeing some of our very own citizens get off their asses, stop collecting unemployment, and go work as a cook for $10/hour.

What we need to do in the meantime, is stop demonizing the men and women who come to our country for an opportunity to improve their lives and the lives of their families. They are not here for an easy ride, on the contrary, they come here to work some of the most undesirable jobs we have to offer, and they DON'T complain about it. Perhaps a few U.S. citizens could learn a lesson in hard work and modesty from these people. They come here, save their money, and don't spend it on luxurious things like cars, electronics, etc. They just work hard for their families. Why can't we do it, if they can do it?

And for the record, a large amount of illegal immigrants pay the same taxes as we do, and they will never receive any of that money back in the form of social security, medicaid, etc.

Old 02-14-2012, 05:05 AM

16 posts, read 30,550 times
Well I completely disagree with you oregonfreak as I live there myself I've always been treated with respect as an african american. So maybe you're just a unlikeable person?No offence.

Old 02-14-2012, 01:06 PM

1,472 posts, read 3,547,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
As a matter of fact, anyone who has spent time in Mexico knows, there is greater personal freedom in Mexico than in the US. That it is currently undergoing what is essentially a civil war is entirely due to Americans. Americans desiring drugs.

Legalize drugs in America (now tell me again why I can drink myself into a stupor night after night, while smoking myself into an early grave, but I cannot legally eat a marijuana cookie and watch an old movie on my TeeVee) and the Mexican cartels will go the way of the Zapatistas.
Sovereign nations should take responsibility for their successes, failures, cultures and political systems. It gets very tedious to constantly hear Mexico blame its problems on the U.S.. Any place with the great personal freedom you speak of has no excuse for its failings (any more than we do). Any place blessed with the wealth of natural resources and agreeable climate that Mexico has should be a first world country on par with any other. If its not, that's the responsibility of the Mexican people.

Old 02-14-2012, 02:32 PM

1,664 posts, read 3,957,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonfreak View Post
It is changing and I am sure there will be a day when India and China will beat the US and the freakin white people.
Oh pleaseeeee, you havent looked deep enough. We have many friends of all different cultures. But, i wonder if you perhaps have latent prejudices, illustrated by you comment "freakin white people" might you be part of the friending problem?

If you could get beyond the color of a person's skin you might make some real friends. Martin Luther King had it nailed. Too bad the World didn't take his comments to heart.

Old 02-14-2012, 02:57 PM

50,304 posts, read 47,056,299 times
this thread is over a year old. Cool

Old 02-14-2012, 03:33 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
And the racist OP hasn't been to the site for 13 months. Yer talking to a wall, people.

But I do wonder how long that post would have lasted had he said "freaking black/brown people."

Old 02-14-2012, 06:05 PM

1,664 posts, read 3,957,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
And the racist OP hasn't been to the site for 13 months. Yer talking to a wall, people.

But I do wonder how long that post would have lasted had he said "freaking black/brown people."
In the immortal words of Rodney King,,"Can't we all get along?"

Ok, yes it is a year old...time to close it!

Old 02-15-2012, 05:25 AM

16 posts, read 30,550 times
Good idea as the person who started this thread was a complete hypocrite I think this should be closed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California