Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2011, 12:04 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
It is a false conclusion.
Not when vociferously supported, excused and espoused.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2011, 12:05 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,900,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Here's a real challenge for ya. Let's have a moratorium on illegals for a year or two and see if the country, in true, American, innotiive style, survives it.

I bet it will as it's done throught its history. What say you?
Well, easy challenge to propose, isn't it, Chief? ... as neither you nor I, nor all combined on this board, or even all the population of California, could put that challenge into place. But I agree that America would survive -- in a severely altered manner (that might be good for it). Surprised I would say so? It would survive by being thrown into a massive crisis -- sink or swim. I wouldn't mind seeing it a bit. I would thoroughly enjoy watching whiners scramble and struggle to find ways to live through the disaster. And, hopefully, though I doubt it, perhaps some of the latent spirit of mankind would arise out of the sh8tpile it lives in to appreciate our bounty.

Problem is -- almost certainly -- ummm, no, take that back: DEFINITELY -- the wealthiest and most manipulative shysters and charlatans (citizens, mind you) among us would take full advantage of the crisis to swoop in and seize land and opportunity, ownerships of all kinds ... sit and wait it out a while ... then, with their real talent for structuring, rebuild a feudal oligarchy to rival the richest and most oppressive seen in all history. And if you had the career in government that you say, you know what I just wrote is true ... and how the feckless, fawning, political-minded whores of government will compete for favor in making it all happen.

Old 09-18-2011, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
...and how the feckless, fawning, political-minded whores of government will compete for favor in making it all happen.
Sure yur right! And let's not leave out the roles of the feckless, fawning, political-minded whores of of progressiveness who would laud, support and celebrate the ruination of America as some of us remember it and have found surviving and relatively thriving remnants of it in places other than Califoreigna.

Old 09-18-2011, 12:16 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,686,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Sure yur right! And let's not leave out the roles of the feckless, fawning, political-minded whores of of progressiveness who would laud, support and celebrate the ruination of America as some of us remember it and have found surviving and relatively thriving remnants of it in places other than Califoreigna.
You don't know your history. It is conservatives who have worked to destroy this country. It is beyond me to think of one thing conservatives have ever done for the good of the country, but the list of good that they have opposed is lengthy, and includes the very founding of the nation and the adoption of the Constitution.

Whereas, every time you visit a National Forest, or National Park, or a reservoir you are seeing the what progressives have done for this nation. Everyone who has a weekend, or a 40 hour work week, or time and a half for more than 40 hours, is experiencing what progressives have done for this nation.

Everyone who votes, experiences what progressives have done for this nation.

Old 09-18-2011, 12:17 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
You act like you don't already know the answers but yet we all know you do You think tax payers are idiots and can't see what's going on with illegal immigrants, the free handouts, the sanctuary cities, the lack of enforcing the laws. Just spend 2 minutes Googling and you can find ton's of information including information for the illegal aliens on how to receive the free handouts.

There should be no dispute that illegal aliens flood the Hospital Emergency rooms ... correct?

Welfare Use by Immigrant Households with Children

IRS: Welfare Agency for Illegal Aliens

Immigration and Welfare (http://www.fairus.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=16985&security=1601&news _iv_ctrl=1017 - broken link)
Speaking of criminals.

I wonder how many people our tax dollars are supporting because one (or more) of the parents are in jail.

When are we going to stop rewarding criminal behavior and make people responsible for their actions?

As a hard-working tax payer these statistics make me sick.

20yrsinBranson

Old 09-18-2011, 12:46 PM

Quote:
You don't know your history. It is conservatives who have worked to destroy this country. It is beyond me to think of one thing conservatives have ever done for the good of the country, but the list of good that they have opposed is lengthy, and includes the very founding of the nation and the adoption of the Constitution.

Whereas, every time you visit a National Forest, or National Park, or a reservoir you are seeing the what progressives have done for this nation. Everyone who has a weekend, or a 40 hour work week, or time and a half for more than 40 hours, is experiencing what progressives have done for this nation.

Everyone who votes, experiences what progressives have done for this nation.
"Second verse, same as the first." There's a lot that's beyond you. True dat, estate baby!

Old 09-18-2011, 12:50 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,900,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Speaking of criminals.

I wonder how many people our tax dollars are supporting because one (or more) of the parents are in jail.

When are we going to stop rewarding criminal behavior and make people responsible for their actions?

As a hard-working tax payer these statistics make me sick.

20yrsinBranson
Ah, another cry from the barren wilderness (of thoughtful analysis) ... by all means, pull any support from children whose parents are in jail ... makes perfect sense to punish a child for the misdeeds of a parent ... especially when increasing the struggle of the child will increase the likelihood of that child following the parent's example, thus increasing society's burden under crime and incarceration of future generations.

Brilliant! From Missouri, too!

Old 09-18-2011, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Brilliant! From Missouri, too!
Brilliant, from your master no less. Redundant! Ya do him proud.

Old 09-18-2011, 01:16 PM

298 posts, read 389,869 times
Quote:
No, I do not know the answers and I don't think you do either and you don't want to know, or go to the bother of finding out just what it takes to get welfare.

For instance, if you are worth more than $2,000 dollars you cannot get welfare. That means that if you have a functioning automobile it is probably worth more than $2,000 and you are ineligible for welfare.
your car doesn't count

Old 09-18-2011, 01:18 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,515,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I agree. When CA stops rewarding these cows for giving birth to children they can ill afford then perhaps the standard of living will increase. We know of a family in northern CA whose daughter got pregnant while unmarried, lost that baby then decided to get pregnant again and had a million dollar premie that the taxpayers had to pay for. She just had another welfare baby in June. She is married, husband is working but they receive all the Healthy Baby benefits shelled out to the underemployed. This second child was also planned. She also has a degree from Chico State. So when does this give away end? Oh the real kicker is they want more children. Thank you CA.
1 word: Sick.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California