Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 10:38 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,900,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
I'll make you a deal: When everyone stops showing their stupidity, I'll show you my sense of humor Just sayin...
Well Phil, I can't hold my breath that long ... gimme a preview ... something I can take with me as I fade into the sunset ... just no Polish jokes, ok ... I know all those already
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 10:39 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,852,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Everyone realizes, one of the reasons the feds are cracking down, is the fact these wonderful dope houses ARE NOT paying taxes? You know, you dope smokers sold the world a bill of goods, saying to legalize dope, so the government can tax it and make money? Oh golly gee whiz, you mean that really isn't occurring? You mean these "legal" dope dealers, are making MILLIONS of dollars every year and not paying their liberal "fair share" of taxes? Oh say it isn't so...
They're not-for profit collectives ... at least the ones that i am familiar with in Santa Cruz county.
I don't know who's "making millions".
And i'm such a pot head that i don't even look at my receipts and tend to be clueless about such things but i'm pretty darn sure that i pay sales tax when i make a purchase.
Dope is (tends to be) slang for heroin btw.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:41 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,171,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
2. To me, CA subverting federal law with respect to pot usage isn't "much" different than AZ deciding to take illegal immigration enforcement into its own hands. Think about that. There was so much outrage that a state would decide to enforce federal laws when the feds would not, but none when a state decided to ignore federal law to do its own thing. IMHO, this amounts to the feds being consistent. Either you support both AZ and CA on these issues, or you support the feds. You can't support subverting federal law, or taking it into your own hands, only when it supports your position.
If the feds were being consistent they would also do something about the sanctuary cities in california.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:45 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,900,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
They're not-for profit collectives ... at least the ones that i am familiar with in Santa Cruz county.
I don't know who's "making millions".
And i'm such a pot head that i don't even look at my receipts and tend to be clueless about such things but i'm pretty darn sure that i pay sales tax when i make a purchase.
Dope is (tends to be) slang for heroin btw.
Phil's a cop, jaijai ... (really) ... he knows dope and donuts ... what he *don't* know is how much fun it will be when he's retired ... if he can make it a couple more years in the jungle ... for now it's "stupid people! -- no donuts!"

Old 10-06-2011, 10:52 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,852,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Phil's a cop, jaijai ... (really) ... he knows dope and donuts ... what he *don't* know is how much fun it will be when he's retired ... if he can make it a couple more years in the jungle ... for now it's "stupid people! -- no donuts!"
Oh, hi Phil ... i actually have had a number of positive experiences (minor vehicular incidents ... really Phil) with cops ... more so in Idaho! than California.
Go figure.
Non smokers tend to refer to pot as "dope".
It just sounds funny to me.

Old 10-07-2011, 12:08 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
Oh, hi Phil ... i actually have had a number of positive experiences (minor vehicular incidents ... really Phil) with cops ... more so in Idaho! than California.
Go figure.
Non smokers tend to refer to pot as "dope".
It just sounds funny to me.
The term "dope" in California means heroin, not weed.

A totally different animal. (And a problem in California that's never gone away and right now is making a major resurgence. Sadly, closing down the dispensaries will force people who smoke weed to buy on the black market and thus have to deal with people who also sell hard drugs.)

As for Obama: sometimes I wonder whether he even wants a second term ; this will turn many people who would otherwise support him against him. He appears to want to lose what is the second safest state for him (only Hawaii is more firmly behind him than California). If he's deliberately trying to sabotage his own presidency, why doesn't he just announce he's not running?

Old 10-07-2011, 12:26 AM

1,082 posts, read 2,563,140 times
DEA agents need jobs too. If it wasn't for putting pot dispensaries out of business they would be on welfare or worse.

Old 10-07-2011, 12:47 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times
I think very few people would rank medicinal marijuana a more pressing issue than illegal immigration yet the Fed is suddenly cracking down on the former while ignoring that latter?

Odd.

Old 10-07-2011, 01:02 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,552,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I think very few people would rank medicinal marijuana a more pressing issue than illegal immigration yet the Fed is suddenly cracking down on the former while ignoring that latter?

Odd.
Actually, the Obama administration has done a far better job of cracking down on employers who hire illegal immigrants than any other president. Obama is doing it smarter than anyone else. Instead of conducting high profile (anger his base) raids on fields, his administration raids the offices of the people who employ illegal immigrants. It's probably more effective, and doesn't anger his base. Heck, I bet most of his base isn't even aware of this.

Old 10-07-2011, 01:34 AM

298 posts, read 389,869 times
This is retarded! Closing down dispensaries won't help anyone (except the pigs, they love pushing people around). What the government should be doing is legalize it and collect excise taxes, just like cigarettes. That would save the government lots of money and help close the huge deficit it's running, but see that would mean giving up power, and the government doesn't like giving up power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California