Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 11:42 AM

3,528 posts, read 6,535,153 times

Advertisements

There hasn't been a Republican senator from California since the 1990s. Also, in every presidential election since 1992, the Democrat won. However, there was a Republican governor through 2010.

Does it have to do with immigration patterns? But then Florida and Texas are still more Republican. They have similar immigration patterns.

More interesting question: in fast food and retail places I see almost all Latino people working, even in the totally Asian areas. Not many African American folks, like I used to see. There's a McDonald's in Rosemead where the clientele is almost all Asian. Staff is more Latino and there seems to be no conflicts.

Old 11-25-2018, 12:02 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,951,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpasa View Post
There hasn't been a Republican senator from California since the 1990s. Also, in every presidential election since 1992, the Democrat won. However, there was a Republican governor through 2010.
-CA is the kind of state that would elect Arnold.

Quote:
Does it have to do with immigration patterns? But then Florida and Texas are still more Republican. They have similar immigration patterns.
-Anti-communism Cubans and gerrymandering.

Quote:
More interesting question: in fast food and retail places I see almost all Latino people working, even in the totally Asian areas. Not many African American folks, like I used to see. There's a McDonald's in Rosemead where the clientele is almost all Asian. Staff is more Latino and there seems to be no conflicts.
-Why would there be conflicts? Would you be surprised to hear that White people work in fast-food establishments in other parts of the country?

Old 11-25-2018, 12:10 PM

3,528 posts, read 6,535,153 times
Some did say Arnold was a Republican in name only.

Isn't Florida much more Cuban whereas Texas is other Latino groups?

Old 11-25-2018, 01:26 PM

3,285 posts, read 2,664,957 times
Because working people are fleeing the state while welfare cases pour in.

Old 11-25-2018, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Some did say Arnold was a Republican in name only.

Isn't Florida much more Cuban whereas Texas is other Latino groups?
Correct.

Texas' Latinos are mostly Mexican, just like California. And the heavily Latino areas in Texas are much more Democratic than similar areas in California. Like I said, gerrymandering.

Old 11-25-2018, 01:54 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,365,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnojr View Post
Because working people are fleeing the state while welfare cases pour in.
Ok. Show us some data on welfare cases “pouring in”.

Old 11-25-2018, 03:35 PM

3,272 posts, read 3,936,892 times
The demographics of the state changed. It went from hard working people that prided themselves on personal responsibility and achievement, to people that cry it's not fair, and what can I get for free.

The sad reality for them is, there's no such thing as free, somebody has to pay for it.

The scary thing is, they're so resentful of successful people that instead of raising everybody's standard of living, they're ok with everybody's going down, as long as it's all the same, and they don't have to work for it.

Old 11-25-2018, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
The demographics of the state changed. It went from hard working people that prided themselves on personal responsibility and achievement, to people that cry it's not fair, and what can I get for free.

The sad reality for them is, there's no such thing as free, somebody has to pay for it.

The scary thing is, they're so resentful of successful people that instead of raising everybody's standard of living, they're ok with everybody's going down, as long as it's all the same, and they don't have to work for it.
Sounds like a generational thing.

Old 11-25-2018, 07:25 PM

3,272 posts, read 3,936,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count David View Post
Sounds like a generational thing.
Agreed, there do seem to be a lot of younger kids crying about it not being fair. Before I retired I had a discussion with some of the younger kids I worked with.

They were crying about income inequality in America. I said, you mean between us and Donald Trump? They said no, between them and me.

I asked them how old they were, and how long they were with the company. The average age was 30, and they had been with the company for 3 years.

I explained I was 58, and had been with the company for 25 years, and when I was 30 I didn't have a pot to **** in either, but it fell on deaf ears.

They voted democrat.

Old 11-25-2018, 07:29 PM

6,507 posts, read 7,543,265 times
San Diego mayor is an R, so is most of our County Board of Supervisors. But LA, SF and at the State level, it is a different story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California