Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2022, 01:33 PM

8,349 posts, read 5,502,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
The British government expects the virus to last 6 more years as a major issue
Can you reference a source of who said that?

Old 01-09-2022, 02:41 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/e...box=1641665562

Full quote from outside the paywall some of us face.
"The virus is going to be with us for maybe five or six years longer and we are going to continue to have variants but vaccines will get better and we are going to have polyvalent and multivalent vaccines by next year,” said Zahawi

And now California might cancel all so-called elective surgeries.

Thanks, people, for undermining attempts to end the pandemic.

Old 01-09-2022, 02:52 PM

Quote:

"The virus is going to be with us for maybe five or six years longer and we are going to continue to have variants but vaccines will get better and we are going to have polyvalent and multivalent vaccines by next year,” said Zahawi

You said “major issue”. That’s not what that quote says.

And the virus isn’t going to be with us for 5 or 6 years. It’s here forever.

Old 01-09-2022, 02:58 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,749,334 times
Quote:

I just read California wants covid infected workers back on the job, firemen are transporting patients to the ER because so many EMT's are sick with covid. Terrible news.

Old 01-09-2022, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
You said “major issue”. That’s not what that quote says.

And the virus isn’t going to be with us for 5 or 6 years. It’s here forever.
Put two and two together. "Major" is most likely what he means.

Old 01-09-2022, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Put two and two together. "Major" is most likely what he means.
You see what you want to see.

Old 01-09-2022, 03:11 PM

Another article:
“I hope we will be one of the first major economies to demonstrate to the world how you transition from pandemic to endemic, and then deal with this however long it remains with us, whether that’s five, six, seven, 10 years.”

Indeed, I am very likely right about what he meant. Stop arguing. We know what you're doing here.

Old 01-09-2022, 03:17 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,155 times
Quote:
Another article:
“I hope we will be one of the first major economies to demonstrate to the world how you transition from pandemic to endemic, and then deal with this however long it remains with us, whether that’s five, six, seven, 10 years.”

Indeed, I am very likely right about what he meant. Stop arguing. We know what you're doing here.

How many single people are willing to put their lives on hold for 10 years? How many families are willing to raise their kids with their entire formative years at home with only remote interaction with the outside world and masked up and distanced when outside the home? Pretty much impossible.

Old 01-09-2022, 03:24 PM

Nobody has ever suggested that. I can't fix others' catastrophizing.

Old 01-09-2022, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Another article:

I’ve had one and only message: people should live in the world that is an not the one that isn’t. This idea that a new wave of restrictions is going come in the US and that people will obey it is foolish and naive. We have to live in a nation where 1/4 of people won’t get vaccinated no matter what you do. We have a conservative Supreme Court so any challenge they receive, they will back less restrictions. We can also see that restrictions do NOTHING. Just look at hospitalizations and cases in places that are restricted vs. those that aren’t. THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE.

There is nothing you can do about any of that either. So leave the country or deal with it. You have no choice but to live in the world that is, not the authoritarian one you wish existed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California