Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2022, 01:44 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,644,089 times

Advertisements

Real estate startup Belong flees the Bay Area for ‘less ideological’ Miami

While it’s not an uncommon phenomenon — in recent years, Miami Mayor Francis Suarez has made an aggressive push to court tech and crypto firms — the rhetoric behind the move is new. Belong CEO and co-founder Ale Resnik said in a statement that the city “represents a glimpse at a possible future of the USA.”

“One that’s multicultural, more pragmatic, and less ideological,” Resnik said in the statement. “This is an ecosystem where consumer tech can blossom.

Old 09-08-2022, 02:34 PM

382 posts, read 179,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grune D View Post
Owned.
Owned? If it's what I think you mean, you might want to think again. Based on Blame's numbers, if one had put 20% down on each ($56K for BA and $14k for RR), then the ROI is almost double for the RR home.

Now, my guess is that a $280k BA home is now worth $2.1-$2.2M, but just depends where that BA house is. I'm just saying using Blame's numbers results in a lower return, so not sure Done Working is as owned as you think he is.

Old 09-09-2022, 05:49 AM

4,627 posts, read 3,393,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenter858 View Post
Owned? If it's what I think you mean, you might want to think again. Based on Blame's numbers, if one had put 20% down on each ($56K for BA and $14k for RR), then the ROI is almost double for the RR home.

Now, my guess is that a $280k BA home is now worth $2.1-$2.2M, but just depends where that BA house is. I'm just saying using Blame's numbers results in a lower return, so not sure Done Working is as owned as you think he is.
Huh...you are splitting hairs here.

The lower purchase price for the Round Rock home equates to a base effect which magnifies the return in comparison to the Bay Area home.

Nevertheless, both examples result in large net gains. And if one assumes both were financed (as you suggested) then both deals would exhibit significant positive leverage.

Old 09-09-2022, 07:43 AM

3,429 posts, read 1,561,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Huh...you are splitting hairs here.

The lower purchase price for the Round Rock home equates to a base effect which magnifies the return in comparison to the Bay Area home.

Nevertheless, both examples result in large net gains. And if one assumes both were financed (as you suggested) then both deals would exhibit significant positive leverage.
Not to mention, he clearly didn't read the entire reply...

In the case of the home in the Bay Area, there was a lot more leverage power (which we used and increased our net worth even more, but clearly you don't understand that based on your 1st comment above). In addition, the families would be similar as the Round Rock family is not going to make nearly the salary of the person living in the Bay Area (so it's not like they could have bought multiple homes).

Homes in Round Rock had very modest appreciation until recently (mostly the last 3 years), so the leverage power would not have been there anyway when we made our purchase of an investment property. Ultimately, it's the net profit that is the most important factor. But people will try to spin...not worth the effort to argue about it as the results speak for themselves.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/ATNHPIUS12420Q

Old 09-09-2022, 02:17 PM

61 posts, read 38,226 times
Default California is a great state and a beacon of hope for the nation

So sick of the right-wing narrative. It's always so asinine, full of faulty assumptions from the gutter, entirely subjective and self-serving, and always wrong.

Old 09-09-2022, 02:51 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,659,938 times
Sounds like something Ronald Reagan would say…

Old 09-09-2022, 03:58 PM

61 posts, read 38,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
Sounds like something Ronald Reagan would say…
Don't know about Reagan. It's what I've observed and I try to be objective and listen to both sides. Unbelievable what I've been hearing from the right since 2016. Absolutely staggering and the country is hurting badly because of it too. This is clear. Just my opinion.

Old 09-10-2022, 08:44 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkasf View Post
Without giving a opinion yet on the $22 hour supposedly to be paid.......I would walk out of any restaurant that has food served by a robot. I don't eat at fastfood places like McDonald's though.
Why is that ?

Old 09-10-2022, 08:53 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangeRover20 View Post
Don't know about Reagan. It's what I've observed and I try to be objective and listen to both sides. Unbelievable what I've been hearing from the right since 2016. Absolutely staggering and the country is hurting badly because of it too. This is clear. Just my opinion.
He can correct me by all means if I’m wrong, but I think Ultrarunner was referencing Reagan’s “Shining city on a Hill” comment about our land, which itself was a quote from a sermon delivered by Puritan John Winthrop aboard a ship in 1630.

Old 09-10-2022, 09:08 AM

2,379 posts, read 1,814,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Why is that ?

Wait staff can enhance the experience of eating out.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California