Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 01:34 PM

1,687 posts, read 6,072,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Shut up! Really? I'll have to look that up. Me-n-Ed's is the one I really miss.
You and my wife's nephew who moved to Oregon for college. He was a Me-n-Eds fanatic. Now when he comes back to Fresno its the one thing he wants to eat. Me-n-Eds has opened 4 stores in Vancouver BC so he's in between in Oregon with all the locations too far north and south for a quick fix.

Here is DiCicco's Colorado site. Read the our story page. So far they are at 2 locations in the state with more planned. Its in the old town section of Arvada and out toward DEN on Tower off Pena.
DiCicco's Resturant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 01:44 PM

1 posts, read 4,361 times
Fresno isn't that bad to me. I've lived in NW Fresno pretty much all my life and the only thing I don't like is the Hot summers. And while some areas are bad that can be said for most cities because most areas have a bad side of town. Not all areas South of Shaw are bad there are plenty of decent homes south of Shaw that are decent IMO.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:24 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,264,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Shut up! Really? I'll have to look that up. Me-n-Ed's is the one I really miss.
Okay, guess I'll admit that is like the main thing I miss by moving out of the area, Me-N-Ed's. We had to go out there in Feb. for my mom's funeral and during the time we were there 2/8-2/17 I hit there at least three times. Even managed Luna's in Clovis DH thought I was insane, but too bad LOL

Old 05-20-2008, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Okay, guess I'll admit that is like the main thing I miss by moving out of the area, Me-N-Ed's. We had to go out there in Feb. for my mom's funeral and during the time we were there 2/8-2/17 I hit there at least three times. Even managed Luna's in Clovis DH thought I was insane, but too bad LOL
Did you also catch Franco's Mexican in Old Town Clovis (across from BofA)? They retired after 50 years and closed the restaurant a few weeks ago. We went the last weekend they were open to get our last fix there.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FresnoFacts View Post
Did you also catch Franco's Mexican in Old Town Clovis (across from BofA)? They retired after 50 years and closed the restaurant a few weeks ago. We went the last weekend they were open to get our last fix there.
Nope, my old Mexican haunt closed several years ago (I think), it was La Casita on Ashlan & Fresno.

That's ironic though. We've got a new pizza place that's opened here, locally owned, and it's called Franco's It helps in missing the pizza from my old haunts in the Fresn/Clovis area.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:20 AM

Here is the latest update on the Fresno location of Cabo Wabo, the amusement park and the rest of the Granite Park complex.

According to this article, Cabo Wabo is going to open at the end of June. There is a color picture of the building at the article link.

They are currently taking applications for both employees as well as musicians for the house band.

They expect to pull permits in the next week to start putting up the amusement park roller coaster and other rides. That means a fall opening for the rides.

Also planned are a Russian steakhouse and southern and cajun restaurant.

More details at:
FresnoBee.com: Business: Party time near (broken link)

Old 09-06-2008, 07:34 PM

1 posts, read 4,061 times
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Fresno SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m finally getting the hell out of this craphole of a city and it sure didn’t happen soon enough. I’ve been stuck in this black hole for 8 years and wanted out after the first 2. The people are rude. The air is…well…I like to say that the air smells like fish and taste like chicken…I use to live in LA and I think the air here is actually worse than there. The job market stinks. The schools are atrocious (for Cal State Fresno and all Fresno Grads that word means REALLY, REALLY BAD…I’d say look it up in a dictionary but there’s a lot of big words and you might just get confused). There’s graffiti at every turn. Probably the highest illegal immigration rate outside of Tijuana (I know that’s in Mexico, that’s my point jackass) There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING GOOD ABOUT FRESNO. On second thought there is actually one thing good about Fresno…the cops don’t have a problem rounding up or shooting all the little gangsta’ thugs around here…and they are everywhere. If your thinking about moving here do yourself a favor and don’t. [/FONT][/SIZE]

Old 09-06-2008, 10:20 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,593,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRESNOBLOWS View Post
[SIZE=3]Fresno SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m finally getting the hell out of this craphole of a city and it sure didn’t happen soon enough. I’ve been stuck in this black hole for 8 years and wanted out after the first 2. The people are rude. The air is…well…I like to say that the air smells like fish and taste like chicken…I use to live in LA and I think the air here is actually worse than there. The job market stinks. The schools are atrocious (for Cal State Fresno and all Fresno Grads that word means REALLY, REALLY BAD…I’d say look it up in a dictionary but there’s a lot of big words and you might just get confused). There’s graffiti at every turn. Probably the highest illegal immigration rate outside of Tijuana (I know that’s in Mexico, that’s my point jackass) There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING GOOD ABOUT FRESNO. On second thought there is actually one thing good about Fresno…the cops don’t have a problem rounding up or shooting all the little gangsta’ thugs around here…and they are everywhere. If your thinking about moving here do yourself a favor and don’t. [/SIZE]
Fresno was rated as having the lowest quality of life of anywhere in the US and has the highest number of hard drug addicts per capita of any US city. Those two statistics should say it all.

Old 09-07-2008, 03:37 PM

LOL here we go again. People either like Fresno or want to bash it. There seems to be no in between.

Fresno has a lower per capita homicide rate than San Francisco.
YTD 2008 Homicides
San Francisco (population 824,525) has had 78 murders.
Fresno (population 486,171) 27 murders.

Auto theft, which used to be a major problem in Fresno is now lower than in the Bay Area, Phoenix, San Diego, and others.
https://www.nicb.org//HotSpots/Hot_Spots_2008_news_release.doc

Fresno's air ranks better than LA, Houston, and others. As has been posted many times before, Fresno's air is not great but improving and is better than found in areas as varied as Pittsburgh, Atlanta, LA, etc.
City Mayors: The most polluted US cities

The drug addiction study was just redone and published. Fresno is no longer considered to have the highest number of addicts. The old ranking was from 2004 and used data that went back into I believe the 80s and 90s.

The low quality of life rating was for the congressional district that includes the western side of Fresno county, and the I-5 area of Kings County and Kern County. The only part of the city of Fresno in that district are the slums near the downtown core (basically south of Highway 180), none of the middle or upper class areas to the north or east. Its not accurate to try to use that to paint the city of Fresno as bad, thats like saying all of San Francisco is bad like the Mission District.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FresnoFacts View Post
LOL here we go again. People either like Fresno or want to bash it. There seems to be no in between.
Now wait a minute, I must be in a different class. I don't care for Fresno having gornw up there, but I try not to bash it as for some reason some folks enjoy living there It simply wasn't meant for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California