Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 12:04 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by inmodesto83 View Post
More liberals and their programs, more taxes to keep paying for illegal immigrants and people who just won't work for benefits services. Liberal courts that overrule the populace. I've lived here all my life and have been proud to be a Californian, but honestly I am just sick and ashamed of the reputation these practices have made for us in the country and in the world. No longer a golden state for me anymore. Sorry.
Yeah ... because this doesn't happen anywhere else ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 12:08 AM

1,310 posts, read 4,138,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Yeah ... because this doesn't happen anywhere else ...
You keep it real.

Old 02-26-2009, 04:17 PM

1,664 posts, read 3,956,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
What event or overall condition happening in California would make you say, "Enough. I'm leaving."? This isn't a question for people who've already decided to leave. We all know the laundry list of reasons posted here. I'm interested in hearing from people who have no plans to leave. What would it take to make you move?
A bus ticket to El Paso, Texas..................

Old 02-26-2009, 04:28 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Trails View Post
A bus ticket to El Paso, Texas..................
You ever been to El Paso???

Old 02-26-2009, 08:01 PM

268 posts, read 817,323 times
Losing my job. Might as well move some place with a lower cost of living if I would have to start over.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:38 PM

8,214 posts, read 16,695,180 times
1. My family all moving to Oregon.

2. Oregon's economy doing better than CA.

3. A job near Portland earning equivalent pay.

Chances of all three of these happening are ~ .0001% mostly because of #1. Our family are all natives and some can hardly even imagine moving to the next town let alone another state. When we moved to CO we were amazed at the lack interest most had of even entertaining the idea. Most ppl just don't like change. It is terrifying.

While I like to explore new places my wife wants to be close to family. And with young children it is an important consideration. Plus Monterey is a great place to live in CA. If only housing would become more affordable it would be close to ideal!

Derek

Last edited by MtnSurfer; 02-26-2009 at 08:47 PM..

Old 02-26-2009, 08:42 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,214,577 times
Quote:
What event or overall condition happening in California would make you say, "Enough. I'm leaving."? This isn't a question for people who've already decided to leave. We all know the laundry list of reasons posted here. I'm interested in hearing from people who have no plans to leave. What would it take to make you move?
Repeal of the Lanterman Act, and a decision to terminate the programs providing outstanding support and opportunities to adult handicapped folks.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:20 PM

98 posts, read 605,162 times
If my whole family, brother and sisters and son, moved somewhere else incredible, then we would consider leaving. Otherwise, hard to imagine leaving. Sure don't know where somewhere else incredible might even be.

Old 02-27-2009, 05:21 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,929,711 times
Quote:
How about this?

In what would be another blow to the California housing market, the Obama administration’s new fiscal year 2010 budget proposes to cap the mortgage deductions on “higher income” households — well, if you consider making $208,850 extremely high income!

Obama plans mortgage-deduction cut - Lansner on Real Estate - OCRegister.com

Old 02-27-2009, 09:44 AM

4 posts, read 8,789 times
if I couldn't afford to live here any longer, or it was just unrealistic financially I would. I'm still young & renting, so I don't think that's too smart for me to do the rest of my life. we'll see
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California