Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Based on California current woes do you think it's time that California should elect a Conservative
yes 18 48.65%
no 17 45.95%
other 0 0%
not sure 2 5.41%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 09:16 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Noting that we are at war from a people that took it upon themselves to kill, maim, and disrupt our lives. Someone kills and destroys our institutions, our buildings, our people we are obligated to go to war with them. It is the job of the President to proceed in that manner.
Iraq had absolutely NOTHING to do with the killing, maiming and disrupting of American lives. Absolutely nothing at all.

Quote:
It seems that the liberal leaders would have us become friends with our enemies.
I don't know what's worse, normalizing relations with people we think are our enemies, or attacking sovereign nations who did nothing to us.

Quote:
Pelosi has committed treason and we don't go after her.
*coughs*Valerie Plame*coughs*

How much more low down can you get than for the Vice President of the United States to authorize the outing a CIA operative.

WOW.

Quote:
Liberalism is killing this nation.
George W Bush left our nation on life suppor draining us of so much-that he is a free man is a crime. What we are seeing now is a President trying to undo the damage caused by his predecesor and his evil cohorts.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:25 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,406,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Iraq had absolutely NOTHING to do with the killing, maiming and disrupting of American lives. Absolutely nothing at all.
Under the Baathist despots, Iraq was for several years a known sponsoring state of terrorism, including Hezbollah, Islamic Jihad and others, and possibly, started to aid Al Qaida during the late 1990s. Additionally, during that sad era, they gave financial support to families of suicide bombers. This is well documented.

Quote:
How much more low down can you get than for the Vice President of the United States to authorize the outing a CIA operative.
Beyond the fact that Plame was a low level CIA clerical employee and not a field operative, it was not Cheney who outed her. It was Armitage. This is well known, by those in the know. Hey, Armitage got fired, I wonder why? That said, if I had my way, Armitage would be in Leavenworth.

Quote:
George W Bush left our nation on life support
Well, to be fair, Bush 43 plus most main stream politicians, especially the ones who are Boomers. I agree that the type of neo liberal, post WW2 big spending, post Cold War dirigiste methodology this cadre have pursued, is not what the Founding Fathers had in mind. It is also a significant departure from what Reagan tried to put in place but was only partially successful due to a hostile Legislative Branch.

Quote:
What we are seeing now is a President trying to undo the damage caused by his predecesor and his evil cohorts.
Wrong, he is just the Fabian side of the overall neo liberal / transnational progressive coin, Bush 43 was the big government RINO side of it. But fundamentally his approach differs little from that of Bush 43.

Old 07-09-2009, 04:13 PM

230 posts, read 599,739 times
Quote:
My political persuasion constitutes the vast majority of California. I don't have to plead for anything in this state.
Wow, really? So that's why Proposition 8 passed? That's why this year's ballot initiatives failed? That's why Schwarzenegger was elected to a second term? (And as liberal as Arnold is, I clearly recall how furiously you hyper-libs wanted to get rid of him in 2006... what happened there, buddy?)

Maybe you'd better bring out another chart, 'cause something isn't adding up...

Quote:
See what I mean, they always take it personal when they can't win based on actual issues. Like clockwork.
Oh, but I already did win, kid! I won because you ceded the issues altogether, in favor of a self-righteous superiority trip (something more funny than obnoxious these days given the abysmal state of the State). You're not trying to have a serious discussion; you just want to wallow in anger. Seriously, Montclair, I'm trying to help you here.

Anger is self-destructive, kid. So is living in the past. You can fume for the rest of your life about Bush and Iraq and phony CIA operatives and how grievously an ex-president hurt the sensibilities of poor widdle you, or you can join the rest of us here in 2009 and discuss things that are actually relevant.

It also doesn't hurt to remember that truly intelligent people don't have to constantly tell the world how smart they are.

Old 07-09-2009, 04:46 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,406,112 times
OK, time to chum the water a bit more:

VDH's Private Papers::What Is Wisdom?

Mwahahaaahaaaa! :-)

Old 07-09-2009, 05:01 PM

230 posts, read 599,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
OK, time to chum the water a bit more:

VDH's Private Papers::What Is Wisdom?

Mwahahaaahaaaa! :-)
WHOA! Now you've done it!

I don't think she's going to run for president. I do think she's setting herself up to campaign full-time for Republican candidates in 2010. Democrats would be wise not to underestimate her ability to raise obscene amounts of money in key races, but as we've seen libs tend to have a bit of a hubris problem.

Let the hysteria commence!

Old 07-09-2009, 05:12 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,504,023 times
Quote:
George W Bush left our nation on life suppor draining us of so much-that he is a free man is a crime. What we are seeing now is a President trying to undo the damage caused by his predecesor and his evil cohorts.
I've never seen anyone so brainwashed before... good lord

Obama is going to spend us under the table, thats what he is going to do! You think 11 trillion is a big deficit now, Id wager 20+ by the time he leaves. He keeps promising more government bailouts and we keep paying for crap I've never even heard of. I open up google news a minute ago and now were going to pay for the flu vaccine campaign. On top of a 700 BILLION dollar stimulus (which is going to prove to do nothing except go into peoples savings accounts).

The reality is, Obama is faltering. And to be quite honest, neglecting my personal political opinion, I feel far less safe, both physically and economically now in this country than I did with Bush in office.

Old 07-09-2009, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
I've never seen anyone so brainwashed before... good lord
Is today National Irony Day?

Because the last three posting are in stunningly ridiculous(as in worthy of ridicule) defenses of the most evil presidential administration of our times- I cant believe how anyone from the party of Reagan(my parents love that man to death) would sit there and actually stick up for the likes of George W Bush and Dick Cheney.

My oh my how the mighty have fallen.

Old 07-09-2009, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quatermass View Post
Wow, really? So that's why Proposition 8 passed?
I voted Yes on 8.

My party doesnt run my life like it seems yours does.

Old 07-09-2009, 06:04 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,504,023 times
Quote:
Is today National Irony Day?

Because the last three posting are in stunningly ridiculous(as in worthy of ridicule) defenses of the most evil presidential administration of our times- I cant believe how anyone from the party of Reagan(my parents love that man to death) would sit there and actually stick up for the likes of George W Bush and Dick Cheney.

My oh my how the mighty have fallen.
Bush WAS great because he did what was morally right. His decisions were based on moral judgement, not on political and media influences. To say this man was the most evil president is just ludicrous. Bush managed to keep us safe, provide us with humor, and always had a positive upbeat attitude about the future. His leadership success shows from the state of Texas. Texas was and is a very prosperous state because of his leadership.

Unfortunately, the democrat media has torn him apart because he is a poor orator... which is just sad really. Speaking skills have absolutely no relationship with a person's intelligence. Bush was a highly intelligent man. Whether or not you or the rest of the other liberal sheep out will ever see that is something I cannot control...

All I can say is, it is a travesty to see so many people like yourself who are unable to see the genuine goodness in our former president

Old 07-09-2009, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
Bush WAS great because he did what was morally right.
More defense of the fraud. How sad. Let go, its over.

George W Bush is a liar and a national disgrace who deserves no accolades or praise but shackles and a prison cell. To hell with him and his anti-american, anti-patriotic ideals.

He lied to take us to war against against a country that never did anything to us. Iraq was not involved in 9/11 and they had no weapons of mass destruction aimed at the US or its slavemaster Israel.

You can sit there and deny it till your blue in the face but the facts speak for themselves.

And you call me brainwashed? Please sister get a clue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California