Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 08:44 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,415,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
We do have "Broncos Country" though
Do not get me started on those Broncos fans
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 09:45 PM

2,901 posts, read 12,733,935 times
Ummmmm, no, it's not the herb (it's rare ... very rare that i post when i'm high curmugeon) ... it's the awareness.

So, regarding violation:
Isn't it obvious?
Look at the shape this country is in for example?
Who do you figure is predominantly responsible?
I was merely saying that violence / violation expresses itself in many ways and it's not only the overt and obvious criminals that act against humanity.

Old 12-20-2009, 11:50 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,970,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Do not get me started on those Broncos fans
Well, if it makes you feel any better, they probably aren't too happy today.

Raiders rattle Broncos 20-19 in AFC West matchup at Denver - The Denver Post

Old 12-21-2009, 12:56 AM

2,684 posts, read 7,391,001 times
In California, I'd say the Bay Area. In my time living there, I haven't noticed any bros except the ones who happened to get into Berkeley (where they become pretty pretentious extremely quickly).

However, there will always be a youth centered subculture that breeds idiots. In the Bay Area, the aggressive young uneducated people have a propensity to be pretty wanksterish, talking about how hood they are even though they are from Atherton. Wanna-be gangsters **** me off.

Old 12-21-2009, 03:36 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,215,297 times
i moved to LA from IE (bro heaven) and OC (HB is the bro capitol of the world i believe) and i rarely see any bro types unless i drive by a construction site. you certainly don't see any at the local bars or restaurants and certainly not at any type of cultural event (unless you consider punk/hardcore music cultural).

although i find many other groups of young people annoying (greasy wannabe hollywood types, entitled hipsters, and frat dudes that graduated college years ago to name a few), bros definitely top the list.

Old 12-21-2009, 05:48 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,425,290 times
The following districts of San Francisco, in no particular order:
The Marina, Russian Hill, Nob Hill, Pacific Heights, Seacliff, St. Francis Wood, Glen Park, Noe Valley, The Castro.

Of course, if you actually lived in such a place you might find yourself equally disgusted by people who are the opposite of bros.

Also, truth in advertising, the Bay Area is not bro less. Once you get out of the hip zones, there are plenty of them. There are even bros in the City - there are remnants in the former middle class hoods (North Beach, The Richmond, The Sunset) and there are "healthy" populations in the former ghetto / working class hoods where the remaining middle class folks hold out clinging by their fingernails - The Excelsior, Ocean View, The Mission, Bayview / Hunter's Point, etc. And of course in any of the non yuppie suburbs that remain, as well.

Old 12-21-2009, 10:15 PM

67 posts, read 324,999 times
What are Bros?..Black men?..because it seems like you all are talking about Rednecks....Sorry if I'm not hip to the latest derogatory names..

Old 12-21-2009, 10:45 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,476,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuteazz1 View Post
What are Bros?..Black men?..because it seems like you all are talking about Rednecks....Sorry if I'm not hip to the latest derogatory names..
No, definitely not black guys. See link below:

Flatbiller of the Day

Old 12-22-2009, 12:13 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,425,290 times
There's a bro in sophisticate clothing on my road, just a couple doors down.

On the surface he looks like the typical Silicon Valley engineer but he's got all the toys of a true bro. Love it when he fires up the dirt bike ... LOL!

Old 12-22-2009, 01:14 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,514,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
There's a bro in sophisticate clothing on my road, just a couple doors down.

On the surface he looks like the typical Silicon Valley engineer but he's got all the toys of a true bro. Love it when he fires up the dirt bike ... LOL!
Hey I like Redneck games, but that doesn't mean I want to look like one though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California