Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2016, 03:03 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,328,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by England Dan View Post
Interesting posts, and no if you object to Islam ( untangling good/bad Islamic virtues/ habits, viewing women as second class citizens is part of the norm) does not make you as bad as ISIS, that was a crass post in bad taste, especially those who have died at their hands. Canada seems so different to posters from America, and is coming across as the Germany of North America.
Perhaps Merkel and the Germans have kept in mind all the refugees from the east that walked their way to Germany and the west after the second world war and were "repatriated" to that wonderful western ally, the Soviet Union. Of the 35,000 Mennonites who walked from Ukraine and other parts to Germany, 23,000 were forcibly sent back and mostly ended up in Siberia. And that is just Mennonites. So maybe THAT is what the Germans remember and maybe Merkel, being from the east, most of all. Great Trek, 1943-1945 - GAMEO

I lived in the former east just a year after the wall came down and I know what German skinheads did to Auslaender like the North Vietnamese. The Vietnamese in Germany - No Jobs, No Country - NYTimes.com

And I remember a noise one night that sent me to my balcony to hear the shouts of Sieg Heil! Sieg Heil! and the boots of the Neo-Nazi skinheads marching. And I remember the fights the son of a German professor got into for defending Auslaender. And I remember a little old lady with a hunched back stepping off the damned sidewalk and onto the street because of these German skinheads marching abreast down the sidewalk, in the complete expectation that all people coming from the opposite direction would step onto the street in order to give these bald-headed cowards space.

And I also remember thinking it would be a cold day in hell before I stepped onto the street so that they could continue along the sidewalk in the way they were doing and that they might beat the crap out of me or worse but THEY would step onto the street before I would. And they did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2016, 03:12 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,560,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
Perhaps Merkel and the Germans have kept in mind all the refugees from the east that walked their way to Germany and the west after the second world war and were "repatriated" to that wonderful western ally, the Soviet Union. Of the 35,000 Mennonites who walked from Ukraine and other parts to Germany, 23,000 were forcibly sent back and mostly ended up in Siberia. And that is just Mennonites. So maybe THAT is what the Germans remember and maybe Merkel, being from the east, most of all. Great Trek, 1943-1945 - GAMEO

I lived in the former east just a year after the wall came down and I know what German skinheads did to Auslaender like the North Vietnamese. The Vietnamese in Germany - No Jobs, No Country - NYTimes.com

And I remember a noise one night that sent me to my balcony to hear the shouts of Sieg Heil! Sieg Heil! and the boots of the Neo-Nazi skinheads marching. And I remember the fights the son of a German professor got into for defending Auslaender. And I remember a little old lady with a hunched back stepping off the damned sidewalk and onto the street because of these German skinheads marching abreast down the sidewalk, in the complete expectation that all people coming from the opposite direction would step onto the street in order to give these bald-headed cowards space.

And I also remember thinking it would be a cold day in hell before I stepped onto the street so that they could continue along the sidewalk in the way they were doing and that they might beat the crap out of me or worse but THEY would step onto the street before I would. And they did.
Powerful post Netwit. Powerful.

Old 01-30-2016, 10:18 AM

1,376 posts, read 1,313,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souriquois View Post
Not really stirred up just think it's crazy, hateful, and paranoid. And I see this type of anti-Muslim stuff online all the time, some of it much worse, like pure bloodlust... and they accuse Muslims of being violent!

Sometimes I'll call it out and I'll get death threats.

As for P&OC forum. Yeah I remember I posted over there, with a source, on a topic that had NOTHING to do with Islam, terrorism, and only vaguely involved the Middle East and somebody called my source "Islamic propaganda".

I was like "wut?"

All aboard the crazy train!
Yeah, that's how it is over there. Any time anything regarding a Muslim is mentioned, unless you agree with the status quo of the idiocracy over there that "all Muslims are animals" you'll be attacked yourself. I mentioned my wife was part-Arab(saying nothing about religion) and had nasty rep points given to me saying "You should kill that *****" "Useful idiot" and so on.

I'm not really a fan of some of the tenets of the Muslim religion(though there's a side of giving to charity that is actually fairly admirable in a lot of Muslim societies), but I can view Muslims as individuals and not some huge horde. It's also funny that some Americans never want to talk about the huge issue of rape in the USA(and it's not limited to one ethnic group, poor whites commit a lot of crimes where I live)--yet they're obsessed by the idea of Muslim men raping.

I'd like to have a reasonable conversation about some of the issues going on in the Middle East and Islam(the spread of Wahhabism from Saudi Arabia is a huge one) and I'd like to see a peaceful end to the Syrian Civil War(even if it seems far off right now), but the P&OC forum isn't the place to discuss it. It's a place for rabble to yell at each other. The issue of refugee resettlement is another topic--I don't blame countries that are reluctant to resettle people from war-torn regions, though I don't blame the refugees themselves as being "animals" as is the case on P&OC either. It's a complicated matter that requires some thought and preparation.

Last edited by CanuckInPortland; 01-30-2016 at 10:30 AM..

Old 01-30-2016, 10:55 AM

225 posts, read 203,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckInPortland View Post
Yeah, that's how it is over there. Any time anything regarding a Muslim is mentioned, unless you agree with the status quo of the idiocracy over there that "all Muslims are animals" you'll be attacked yourself. I mentioned my wife was part-Arab(saying nothing about religion) and had nasty rep points given to me saying "You should kill that *****" "Useful idiot" and so on.

I'm not really a fan of some of the tenets of the Muslim religion(though there's a side of giving to charity that is actually fairly admirable in a lot of Muslim societies), but I can view Muslims as individuals and not some huge horde. It's also funny that some Americans never want to talk about the huge issue of rape in the USA(and it's not limited to one ethnic group, poor whites commit a lot of crimes where I live)--yet they're obsessed by the idea of Muslim men raping.

I'd like to have a reasonable conversation about some of the issues going on in the Middle East and Islam(the spread of Wahhabism from Saudi Arabia is a huge one) and I'd like to see a peaceful end to the Syrian Civil War(even if it seems far off right now), but the P&OC forum isn't the place to discuss it. It's a place for rabble to yell at each other. The issue of refugee resettlement is another topic--I don't blame countries that are reluctant to resettle people from war-torn regions, though I don't blame the refugees themselves as being "animals" as is the case on P&OC either. It's a complicated matter that requires some thought and preparation.
Well, yeah, I'm not a religious person and think a lot of tenets of Islam, like any religion, are completely irrational... but apparently, because I do not hate Muslim people and am disgusted at the way they are treated and vilified, and even have conspiracy theories spread about them, I am a "threat to civilization" and should be killed... a leftist part of the "red-green axis" lol... these guys are living in a fantasy world.

Old 01-30-2016, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by England Dan View Post
Interesting posts, and no if you object to Islam ( untangling good/bad Islamic virtues/ habits, viewing women as second class citizens is part of the norm) does not make you as bad as ISIS, that was a crass post in bad taste, especially those who have died at their hands. Canada seems so different to posters from America, and is coming across as the Germany of North America.
Ummm... no.

If anything, more and more Europeans are acting like Americans. And no, that's not a compliment.

Old 01-30-2016, 03:37 PM

323 posts, read 1,391,011 times
Absolutely do NOT support Justin Trudeau and his importation of refugees.
I see a lot of problems with this and it's pretty obvious why. Surprise to
see any support for this. Hopefully it doesn't end up in any more blood shed.

Plus billions ongoing down the drain when so many Canadians need help in this
ongoing awful economy. Plus our health care systems stand to suffer more as
well and they are all ready over burdened.

I could go on and on but will hold back. You get it or you don't.

As many online stories world wide and here in Canada would indicate this
is just a pack of serious problems for any society to bear. Sorry, if this offends
some but stating what is seems obvious to me and many others. My 2 cents!

Old 01-30-2016, 11:25 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,293,297 times
[quote=cazelais;42833866

Plus billions ongoing down the drain when so many Canadians need help in this
ongoing awful economy. Plus our health care systems stand to suffer more as
well and they are all ready over burdened.
My 2 cents![/QUOTE]

What billions?

That, and pennies are gone. It's either a nickel or nothing.

Old 01-30-2016, 11:45 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,430,926 times
Man, you can take Max's posts, replace "Muslim's" with "Black's", and they're same dumb rants.

Old 01-31-2016, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Man, you can take Max's posts, replace "Muslim's" with "Black's", and they're same dumb rants.
Muslims are the new group to crap on. We have not learned our lesson as humans.

Old 01-31-2016, 12:39 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,328,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souriquois View Post
Muslims are the new group to crap on. We have not learned our lesson as humans.
It's actually a little astonishing to me that some people have so little sense of history not to be able to chart anti-immigration/anti-people arguments as though anything happening now is somehow unique. It's always something. Like water, racism and bigotry look for the easiest way to flow. I think that to immediately pull out the racist/bigot card can hinder a better understanding, but really all the anti-Muslim arguments that I have read, are at their best, bigotry dressed up in intellectual clothes. There is also an inherent arrogance here in the west that assumes that we are immune from history and that we will never be in the position of beggars, and live always instead like princes. History's princes could tell us otherwise.

We help people because they are people and we are people. We help people because we think "there but for the grace of God go I."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada